xisto Community
dundun2007

Ps3's Price Tag! Will it drive customers away?

That doesn't mean that Sony won't still have high Playstation 3 sales. They'll be sold out everywhere like every other new console, reguardless of price. Sony freaks and hardcore gamers will buy them and since the casual gamer and the people who can't afford them won't, they eventually will when the price falls in a couple years.

I think the sales will be high at launch purely from the the hardcore gamers, then the sales will drop steeply once the hardcore gamers have it. I think 3 months after launch the sales will be about half of what the xbox 360 is currently selling. It will be very interesting to see what actualy happens though because this is just my speculation

it just comes down to what the machine has to offer, how big of a fan you are and do you have the money. I think many people will go out and pay for the system simple becasue of the reputationa nd quality that PS has brought to the gaming community, and its just like the XBOX 360. I spent that much money to go and get it and for me it was worth it.. I love the 360, Im an addicted gamer, and I had the funds to get it. will I have the funds to buy a PS3 unfortunately no. But I know my friend will get it so I stillget to play it..

I tend to be more of a PC person rather than a console person. But I agree sony are pushing it in price. If I was a console person and/or a person that played the playstation regularly (any or all of the models). I'd probably be one of many waiting for the price drops.