xisto Community
Panzer

My New Computer Ive finally gotten it

great dude but your system is a little bit outdated for the present softwares and games. Now a days a 3GHz HT Processor is a bare minimum.

You are right there delivi. It aint like the pentium is out already in the CPU race but a 2.0GHz is kinda out of date. I remember that the first Pentium 4 processor I ever used on my PC was a 2.4GHz P4 A and that was about 2 years now, since 2005. I wouldnt go for anything lower than a Core2Duo and a minimum of 2.4GHz on that for any computer I am gonna buy from now onwards. ANyways, I am going for a Quad for sure this time.

What about me? I'm still using AMD Sempron +2800 running on 1.8Ghz(I prefer long time of life than max performance). and 1GB RAM.I think if you're only using 40GB HDD then your computer is enough, but if you're upgrading it into 160-300gb HDD, than you need higher processor, It can make the OS hang if your HDD is too big and your computer become unstable.for my advice, you can use 160-300 if you're using high end motherboard(need high performance chipset) which support Pentium D or AMD X2 FX.

alienware notebook mod

My New Computer

I would like to know if anyone has thought about changing the processor out of an old Area51 766 notebook with an Intel Pentium 4 3GHz 800 MHz FSB 512K Cache processor for a new Intel Core 2 Duo? They should have the same 775 pin but would it work?

-Richard