xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
CroSpartacus

Paypal

For those that usually shop on ebay and use paypal as a payment option I want to know how does it work? Does paypal take money from your credit card or bank account for free or are their extra fees you need to pay to use paypal??

I haven't noticed any other charges. You pay whatever you need to pay, which is basically how much the ending price for the item is, and the S&H. The only charges are those from eBay when you post something up for sale, and you sell a product.

Paypal account is free and having an account is cost you nothing. You can add a credit card to the account and shop online with payapl account. It is easy-safe-secure. no extra fees to pay. only your shopped amount... great!

For creating a free paypal account: click here https://www.paypal.com/de/webapps/mpp/home and sign up.

Notice from rvalkass:

Referral link removed. They are not allowed at Xisto. Also, look at the last post date, it was back in 2006! Avoid posting in such old topics.

Edited by rvalkass (see edit history)

How can anyone say PayPal costs nothing?They get you coming and going! I freelance and use PayPal to get paid for my graphics development. I notice not only the fee to accept a deposit from my clients but also a fee to move the money to my bank so I can buy groceries with it.Once I looked at the exchange rate and noticed that even though they claim to use current exchange rates they don't. I was holding a balance of 50US dollars and the canadian dollar (I live in Canada) was worth something like .96 cents US so I was excited that I would get more than 50 bucks by the time it was converted to CA. NOT!! Those buggars are ripping people off left and right and what can you do about it if you want to be doing business online as a freelancer?There may be a few options out there like egold etc. but none as common as PayPal. Maybe the next time I get some contract to design something I will ask for a cheque and let my clients mail me payment. What a drag. I wish I was a farmer instead of a graphics designer.

Pretty much charges or adds to the credit account when purchasing and receiving payments for example. I've worked for a company that had Paypal as one of the major purchasing points at one point.

Yes to make online payment I think it is the best service and its free.

were you paying attention? it's NOT free. what is your experience with paypal thinking it's free? there will ALWAYS be an exchange rate

on a personal note, it is definately NOT the best service from my own experience. i will NEVER do business again with paypal.

where do you get your information from :)

I just logon to paypal and move money from my bank account into my paypal account.It's odd though, when I tried using my paypal account to pay for a domain name (on another website that will not be named) the website still asked me for my credit card...ugh. I only use paypal so I DON'T have to have a credit card. It's so weird. I've only tried it once though.