xisto Community
tezza

How To Reset Your Bios (guide)

1Power down your PC.
2Locate a rocker-style switch at the back of your PC (if applicable), and switch it from the on position (I) to the off position (O). If there is no switch disconnect the power cord from power supply.

3Find the 3-pin jumper near the power supply on the motherboard, typically labeled "clear cmos" or "reset bios".

4Remove the jumper from the default position (typically connecting the 1st and 2nd pins).

5Replace the jumper to connect the 2nd and 3rd pins.

6Push the power button on the front of your PC once.

7Wait a minute.

8Return the jumper to its default position,connecting the 1st and 2nd pins.

9Move the rocker-style switch at the back of your PC (if applicable), to the on (I) position.

10Power on your PC with its front power button

Hi.Yesterday, I updated my bios by @BIOS and then, When I restarted, It didn't boot.My Motherboard is Gigabyte GA-M52S-S3P (nForce 520 & Socket AM2)Yeah, I changed it's CPU. (The new one is AMD Athlon Dual Core 4450B)Now, I don't know how should I reset/clear the BIOS!Please, Give me some instructions...Thanks.- R

Sometimes resetting the BIOS password isn't as simple as ditching the battery or setting the jumper to reset. The Lenovo Thinkpad laptops have an Atmel chip to store the BIOS password so you cannot get around the password by pulling out the battery. You can, however, Google for a circuit to read the password but you will need some skills in working with circuit boards and soldering to get it right. I guess that is the difference between a business laptop and a consumer laptop.