xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaverickFang

Hosting Credits Dissapeared

I had 65 some odd credits yesterday, how ever when my account was created today, it has dropped to 1.5 credits. Is there anyways to recover the credits lost (aside from the 10 required to make the account)? I don't wont to come off as rude, but i dont think that was part of the agreement.

When you create an account your credits are reset. The credits you earned before hosting were credits to earn hosting not to continue it. So if you just created your account all of your credits were taken away so you probably should have gone for the second package. Sorry if you misunderstood anything but the rules state this in them.

Well, as Plenoptic has mentioned that the credits reset to 2 after you get the hosting and it is also mentioned in the rules or Xisto readme.This is done to basically make sure that a user becomes active and not like getting the credits to somewhat around 100 and then get the hosting and then disappear for rest of the days. The reason behind this is that a user gets credits faster when he/she is not hosted.

The Forum credit allocation script awards more credits when you are below 20 credits and less credits for the same posting when you have a larger number of credits, so my suggestion is to maintain your account at or near the 15 to 20 credit range. This will give you about 2 weeks of "non-posting" time before you get into credit trouble and will award you more credits when you do post. It is about the best you can ask for.

Thank you, jlhaslip for that nice peice of info. That makes sense, especialy see as the longest i may be away from my computer is a week. A week of security. Thank you!