xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
gpinvest

What Is More Complete Anti-virus Of Moment?

I'm not using any anti-virus at the moment and haven't been using one for the last two years. Fortunately enough, I have been bug free.But, from what my friends suggest, I hear that McAfee (Hotmail uses it) is a good anti-virus. But, wait for other members to post up their recommendations. <_<

Well everytime I recieve a virus McAfee and Norton don't seem to find the source of it or any part of it altoghether. A year ago I had a keylogger and another sort of virus and a bout a month ago I had a bug changing stuff on my Internet Explorer Browser and causing pop ups and neither of those fixed it. I have found that Spy Sweeper finds all of that because in both cases it removed the problem and my computer is clean. It is only $30 at Wal-Mart and they offer a free scan as well so you can see what it finds. Good luck. https://www.webroot.com/us/en/

I've heard about Spy Sweeper, but isn't that only restricted to scanning spyware/adware and the like and not viruses? I'm not sure, but thanks for the information. <_<

Dont use mcaffee because it is bad, takes lots of resources, and just isnt very complete. The best antivirus program out there current is avast antivirus. The home edition is free and takes very few resources and doesnt slow down your computer. We use it at work for everyone's home pcs and no one has yet to have any problems. Hope this helps

I've heard about Spy Sweeper, but isn't that only restricted to scanning spyware/adware and the like and not viruses? I'm not sure, but thanks for the information. <_<

It removes viruses. Like I said in my first post I had viruses that the others wouldn't find but Spy Sweeper would. It finds just about everything or atleast it has for me. It searches through and finds all source files of the virus to make sure it doesn't come back after you only delete part of the file (which is what happens with Norton, and McAfee)

McAfee Security Suite is the most complete protection for computers.If you don't want the complete suite, use the McAfee virusscan and McAfee personal firewall plus, both are very good, i used to use the zonealarm security suite, but the zonealarm antivirus wasn't very good, and now it doesn't work in my operative system (windows xp pro), so i had to change to something better which came to be the McAfee Security Suite 2006.