xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
arnz

9 Year-old Girl Gives Birth In Amazon Rainforest

Feedback9 Year-old Girl Gives Birth In Amazon Rainforest

It is perfectly normal for a 9 year old girl to give birth. Also girls tend to reach puberty at different ages depending on the weather and social environment. It is generally understood that girls living in hot areas of Arabia get puberty early at around 8 or 9 and are ready sexually to conceive. People in the west may consider this odd and weird but it is perfectly normal in the hot Arabian weather of the middle east. 

Girls tend to get sexually aroused by this age in these areas and it is not necessary that she gets raped to conceive but consensus of the girl is involved in such marriages. So the earlier notion that this particular girl was raped may not be true. Please keep all options open when considering such incidences

-reply by Dr. Anderson

Whether she is married or forced too sex, that is still rape.what possible 9 years old girl might know about sex or whom she may felt lust ? she is just a baby, some ones baby and that is horrible thing.i am so sad about our world.

9 year old gives birth.9 Year-old Girl Gives Birth In Amazon Rainforest

At least they are civilized enough to not rush to judgement.  Here in the united states a man is guilty of rape if he has sex with wife, and she didn't want to because she had a headache, and of course anyone under sixteen can not  give consent,  so you are considered a rapist automatically.  

-reply by comp

Consent...9 Year-old Girl Gives Birth In Amazon Rainforest

I don't get it... Why is it that anyone under 16 is "unable to give consent."  It's stupid really!  Honestly, I bet most of the things found now and days that is considered "rape" is and was completely consentual!  Why is it that no one under the age of 16 is able to give consent?  If someone is able to think logically and that person does not have any mental issues, they should be able to give consent!

-reply by Anonymous

I did follow the link in the first post and read the news story. It is carried on Sydney Morning Herald's website. I also noted that the story has a date in 2006. It is old news now. But, it is an interesting piece of news. First of all, I don't know for sure how reliable the news story is - a 9 year-old girl ... from a tribe ... in Amazon rainforest in Brazil ... giving birth to a baby ... reported in the news from Australia. How reliable is the communication between the Brazil city and Sydney? Was it also in the news in Brazil? Didn't it become an important piece of news in Brazil? Sorry I have some doubts about the reliability of the news story.Is a 9 year-old girl physically able or mature enough to become pregnant and give birth to a baby? Nine year-old seems to be too young an age.What is acceptable or not acceptable in the tribe in the Amazon rainforest? The 9 year-old girl probably didn't know what rape meant. Who would raise the baby? Is the 9 year-old girl mentally suitable to raise the baby?

Link to the rest of the article - http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/
All I can say after reading this article is just wow.. WTF, and many shocks rolled into one. She aint fully development, still only a girl and there is still the possibility that some sicko may have raped her. This is indeed scary, she could be a very young grandmother as soon as many ppl think if the issues behind this aint fixed imo.

yea, some things are just not right in life. i think tribal customs believe in pro creation to keep the tribe going but they also have to know that a pregnancy that young could leave someone dead. this is definately not protecting their women and it does seem to me that this child was possibly raped but most tribes live under their own laws and would be hard to investigate something like this. and yes, that is VERY scarey because if her daughter gets pregnant as early as her mother, the mother WILL be a grandmother at age 18. that is just unexeptable in my eyes. these so-called kids wont ever know what it's like to even be a kid. what a shame!