xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
imacul8

Md5 Decryption

Hey i am looking for a way of decrypting md5 strings in VB6ive read that it cant be done... then ive also read it can be done... just wondering if anyone has seen or dealt with thisany help would be great thanx <_<

Not possible. A 1000 page info is encrypted with md5 to generate a small key of around X characters. Decoding back is not possible.

The whole point of MD5 is one way encryption, for things like passwords, and as Opaque says, it is impossible to get back the original information becuase it is either cut or increased to a set length. When people say they can decrypt them back they basically have a massive list of every word in the dictionary and it's corresponding MD5 key and it just searches for that key and gives you a word that will also create the say key, but this doesn't mean it's the original data. This is one reason you should have passwords that are not words, as they can be "decrypted" relatively easily.

Search google, or better (just in this case!), search using yahoo search engine, for programs/tools named md5crack or md5 crack or md5 tool or md5 hack.

Open google or yahoo and insert this keywords, you have to try, i know i program named md5 crack, i don't use it for a long time now, but i know those guys are always updating this kind of tools.

Also, use the google advanced operators in this search, for example, open google and insert this codes:

intitle:"md5 crack" (this one has good results!)
or
intitle:"md5crack"
or
intitle:md5 crack
or
intitle:md5crack
or
allintitle:md5crack
or
allintitle:md5 crack
or
inurl:md5crack
or
inurl:md5 crack
or
inurl:"md5 crack"
or
inanchor:md5 crack
or
inanchor:md5crack
or
inanchor:"md5 crack"
or
inanchor:"md5crack"

And do the same for the other keywords: md5crack, md5 crack, md5 tool, md5 hack

Sorry, don't have the link, you'll have to search yourself, this way you'll learn.

Anyway, if you want to learn this kind of stuff, visit this sites, they are the best:

This one you have to pay to become a member, but it's worth your money!
http://www.astalavista.com/

This one is free but not as good.
http://www.astalavista.com/

I am sure they have md5 tutorials and tools to do what you want and much much more.

Edited by Lyon2 (see edit history)

Hmm thanx for your answers guys. I realised that its not going to possible for me to do it...Guess i have to come up with a different way to do what i needthanx <_<

MD5 is a hashing algorithm... It means, it takes whatever string you have, be it a word, or a sentence, or some huge book, like "War And Peace"... It takes it's characters, and off they go through MD5 hashing algorithm... Hashes are some kind of random sequences of characters, of fixed length, no matter how long the text is...

here are two examples, made with md5sum program

'A' => MD5 Hashing algorithm => MD5 Hash: 7fc56270e7a70fa81a5935b72eacbe29'This is a sample of MD5 hashing algorithm' => MD5 Hashing algorithm => MD5 Hash: 247d44a9b93f9396d67fe00b766f8ed2

This is a fixed size hash, of 32 bytes... No matter how long the string... This random sequence of numbers is repeatable, since same sentences, always give same seed for rnd function...

Usefull for storing passwords, without someone stealing it... By knowing your passwords hash, they can't figure out your password, without some dictionary attack, or brute force... MD5 is generaly, a very good algorithm... There are several classes for VB, if you intend to hash something <_<

Previous statements were actually incorrect. I spend the majority of my day running hash crackers in order to determing better ways of securing passwords.

Here is an article of how to make your passwords more secure, but there are multiple ways to break a MD5 hash. Infact there is no such thing as a unsecure password. Given enough time all are breakable. Read the article (no I didn't write it), and stop believing myths.

https://www.symantec.com/connect/articles/ten-windows-password-myths

His best suggestion is to use spaces. This alone will increase the time it takes to reveal your password by 10 fold if not better.

No one said passwords are secure, and no one said MD5 hashed passwords are secure... The whole point of hashing and encrypting the password is to make decryption as hard as possible, thus, making the decryption process over a period of time needed to decrypt it, not worth the trouble... MD5 algorithm is also prone to collision attacks, meaning, that two completely different words, can create the same hash... This was discovered in 2004. and there is seriuos doubt in security of MD5 algorithm in safeguarding passwords... If you payed enough attention to our posts, you would see that we said there are dictionary attacks on MD5 algorithms, and brute force attacks can be successfull in creating needed MD5 hash... But we all said it is impossible to reverse MD5 hash, that is, impossible creating text, from any MD5 hash...

MD5 is still good for storing file checksums, or storing passwords for less important or sensitive information... Here is MD5 RFC - RFC1321

If you are interested in other hashing and message digesting functions, check out this Wikipedia page

'A' => MD5 Hashing algorithm => MD5 Hash: 7fc56270e7a70fa81a5935b72eacbe29'This is a sample of MD5 hashing algorithm' => MD5 Hashing algorithm => MD5 Hash: 247d44a9b93f9396d67fe00b766f8ed2

php code

Md5 Decryption

This php script works

Don`t know where I got it from but passwords with more then 5-6 chars will take a horrible long time :D

$hash = "1a1dc91c907325c69271ddf0c944bc72";

$char[1] = "a";

$char[2] = "b";

$char[3] = "c";

$char[4] = "d";

$char[5] = "e";

$char[6] = "f";

$char[7] = "g";

$char[8] = "h";

$char[9] = "I";

$char[10] = "j";

$char[11] = "k";

$char[12] = "l";

$char[13] = "m";

$char[14] = "and";

$char[15] = "o";

$char[16] = "p";

$char[17] = "q";

$char[18] = "are";

$char[19] = "s";

$char[20] = "t";

$char[21] = "you";

$char[22] = "v";

$char[23] = "w";

$char[24] = "x";

$char[25] = "y";

$char[26] = "z";

$char[27] = "0";

$char[28] = "1";

$char[29] = "2";

$char[30] = "3";

$char[31] = "4";

$char[32] = "5";

$char[33] = "6";

$char[34] = "7";

$char[35] = "8";

$char[36] = "9";

$char[37] = "A";

$char[38] = "B";

$char[39] = "C";

$char[40] = "D";

$char[41] = "E";

$char[42] = "F";

$char[43] = "G";

$char[44] = "H";

$char[45] = "I";

$char[46] = "J";

$char[47] = "K";

$char[48] = "L";

$char[49] = "M";

$char[50] = "and";

$char[51] = "O";

$char[52] = "P";

$char[53] = "Q";

$char[54] = "are";

$char[55] = "S";

$char[56] = "T";

$char[57] = "you";

$char[58] = "V";

$char[59] = "W";

$char[60] = "X";

$char[61] = "Y";

$char[62] = "Z";

$top = count($char);

For ($d = 0; $d <= $top; $d++)

{

$ad = $ae.$char[$d];

for ($c = 0; $c <= $top; $c++)

{

$ac = $ad.$char[$c];

for ($b = 0; $b <= $top; $b++)

{

$ab = $ac.$char[$b];

for ($a = 0; $a <= $top; $a++)

{

$aa = $ab.$char[$a];

if(md5($aa)==$hash)

{

die('Wachtwoord: '.$aa);

}

}

}

}

}

Echo "Geen Resultaat";

Tool online

Md5 Decryption

There is an online tool at Md5-decrypter.Com . It does not decrypt md5 but has a large database of md5 hashes. You may find there what you're looking for.

-reply by Robert

Pleeeeese decrypt this :3Md5 DecryptionIf anyone could decrypt this, I'd be eternally grateful!F74757d71ab11e40a9b809809b416cb4I know it'd probably be quite the challenge since I know myself to put underscores "_" in my passwords.Or...If anyone knows of a website or something I can go to and test it against probable passwords, that'd be great!

MD5 guessing algorithms can guess your password depending on how large it is and whether CASE is significant.  If it is only 4 characters long and CASE sensitive (26 lowercase + 26 uppercase + 10 digits = 62 possible characters) then it will take:

(62)^4 =14.8 million iterations. On a fast machine that should take at most 10 seconds (depending on your programming language).

If it's 8 characters long it will be 14.8 million times longer than that.  Assuming the 4 character password took at most 10 seconds, an 8 character password would take ((62)^8)/3600/24/360 =  7 million years.

Of course, if you had 1000 machines that were each a 1000X faster than that, all working in parallel, then it would take Deep Thought about 7 years.  7 years to guess an 8 character password from an MD5 hash.

Good luck with that.