xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
innocent-devil

How To Transfer Hotmail Mails ?

hi buddies.buddies i am using hotmail for more than 3 years . In my hotmail email account i have more than 300 emails . now i want to transfer all my these emails to another id. so is there any way to trasfer all my these mails to another email account. I have downloaded GetMailbut i was unable to get my desired results. so lease help me and suggest me how to transfer those emails from one account to the other.....

i am looking for that a long time now, i havn't found any solutions but forwarding each mail seperatly, hotmail should have a email forwarding so any recieved mail should copy and forward it to another account immediately, don't you agree?if there are any other solutions.. i'd like to know too.. thanks

Edited by dero (see edit history)

You could use Outlook or Outlook express and use the IMAP function in "Add Mail Account". Then after you have all your emails, just export all the emails as an outlook file and put it on a disk or something.. that's what I did. By the way, this only works if your hotmail account was registered for more than 1 year, since they stopped this feature for new users a while ago...

You cannot do this directly in Hotmail.

Get a POP3 client (Mozilla Thunderbird NOT recommended, use Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express) and set it up to retrieve your mail from the Hotmail server.

Export your mail data to a file and then import it into the other account (which should be set up in the POP3 client too, right? :P ).

EDIT: You need to buy Hotmail Plus for this to work. Otherwise, the only other method is to forward each individual email to the new account OR copy and paste all email contents into a OpenOffice/Microsoft Word document. :)

i was happy few months ago with my hotmail id using it with outlook express,but after some days of using i received that you have to register for pro account to use hotmail in outlook express,this made me angry,now im quite satisfyingly using my google email account on outlook express,its working fine for me, you can easily transfer emails by checking all emails and forwarding it to your new email,i think thats the quick way to do it.

You can use Outlook for transferring these email to your system, For this configure your Outlook for your hotmail account use and go to your hotmail inbox from your browser and mark all as "Unread", now Outlook detect this messages, and will start downloading them to your account.If want then forward these messages directly from your outlook to any other email like Gmail/YahooThanks

You cannot do this directly in Hotmail.

Get a POP3 client (Mozilla Thunderbird NOT recommended, use Microsoft Outlook or Outlook Express) and set it up to retrieve your mail from the Hotmail server.

Export your mail data to a file and then import it into the other account (which should be set up in the POP3 client too, right? :P ).

EDIT: You need to buy Hotmail Plus for this to work. Otherwise, the only other method is to forward each individual email to the new account OR copy and paste all email contents into a OpenOffice/Microsoft Word document. :P

I guess you have said the NOT recommended part because mozilla thunderbird is harder to configure with hotmail than microsoft's own products, eeing thunderbird is a great email application which I have been using for ages without any nagging me.. :)

Yes you are right, thunderbird will be difficult to configure for Hotmail as compare to Microsoft own's Outlook..................But not so much difficult, use Mozilla Forum for support and feedback................You will find more tips and help from Mozila FORUMs for configuration of thunderbird for Hotmail LOL :)

What is the IMAP

How To Transfer Hotmail Mails ?

Replying to Dooga

Hi,

I have had Hotmail for more than 5 years and I would like to transfer my account onto Microsoft Outlook, but what sould I put under Incoming mail server(IMAP) and outgoing mail server(SMTP)

Many thanks

-reply by Melissa

hi buddies.buddies i am using hotmail for more than 3 years . In my hotmail email account i have more than 300 emails . now i want to transfer all my these emails to another id. so is there any way to trasfer all my these mails to another email account. I have downloaded GetMailbut i was unable to get my desired results.
so lease help me and suggest me how to transfer those emails from one account to the other.....

You have to use POP3 to retrieve all you mails to some email client and save the file to a new place or write it in a disk...
First please check if you have POP enabled in your hotmail Account. I know it is there in Gmail and few other services. If POP is not there or not enabled, you are in big trouble, since getting all your mails is very difficult unless you spend few hours to sit and forward all your mails... IMAP is another option... but I doubts if it will be there in hotmail... Again IMAP is present in gmail.

Another piece of advice. If its not too late, set an autoforward to forward all your messages to some other ID, which has all these options.

Hope this helps.

HiI have a hotmail account and my father has a yahoo account. Everytime that I get an email it automaticaly gets send aswell to my fathers yahoo account, the person who set up my fathers computer must have made a connection and I am worried that he did it with his email aswell, is this posible if yes please tell me how can I cancel this transactions of emails.-question by brigitt