xisto Community
Olidar

George Bush Does He have a reason for talking?

Just the other night bush was talking about somthing on the tv on like every channel that people probally dont care about and just want him to shut his mouth so they can get back to the schedualed tv shows.

I think the U.S cant wait for the next two years to be over and his presidency will be over and some other WISE fellow will take the U.S.A in good hands and end this dumb war in Iraq.

If you do not agree with this term than post below explaining why

Liberals like to nitpick anything and everything the President does. When Mrs. Clinton even said pulling out immediately from Iraq would make that region go to hell in a handbasket and it's a pretty stupid choice, they acted like the usage of logic was destroying their basis of "ANYTHING BUSHS SAYS, I'M AGAINST" way of running the bandwagon.Either way, you really don't have much. It's just nitpick, nitpick, nitpick. They interupt the channels because some people don't like lodging their head up their **bottom** and want to know what's going on in the world, rather than thinking you can go to candy fun land by letting Iran and North Korea get nukes, pulling out of Iraq will create a magically fun barrier to stop them from breaking out into a civil war, and everything will go into a peaceful slumber. The world doesn't work that way. I'm glad people like that aren't in charge.

Olidar I love how people like you think that the whole country feels the same way you do just for a little heads up... they DONT. Im republican and proud of it dosnt mean im proud of our president but regardless he is just that and I will support him and respect him and his deccisions. Hopfully in 2010 or whenever the next one is we will get a better president maybe and probebly even a democrat thats fine too. Regardless of what party they are from I hope they do a good job and good luck to them casue with critics like you around they sure as *BLEEP* will need it. Oh and another thing to the bush haters think of the choices we had... Bush? Kerry? Not the shaprest tools in the shed but at least I dont feel were gonna get nuked tomorow.Wow that was a very angry and uncoherent post but whenever people say dumb things I always start swearing and just dumb down to there level. I need to work on that. Any way its late here.

I bet you ave no clue what you are even talking about. Remember when Sept. 11 happened? Why do you think that we even went out there? Do you like to be shot where you sleep just because of your beliefs? Then why do you say there shouldn't be a war? Innocent people are being shot and that's the problem, that's why we're there! Trying to prevent a second attack such as Sept. 11th is another concern. Maybe you should know what you're talking about next time you post just to get credits.... We may need a new president, who knows? The thing is, if we gave up now, we'd be the next in line. Just think about that!

Edited by Sinari (see edit history)

Don't all the presidents yap about absoultey nothing that only a few people care about? Its a fact of the posistion, you have to yap about everything that you can, even if only three people in the United States care about in order to try and get there vote in the next election. <_< Next thing, I'm alittle tired of hearing about people Bushbashing. Yes, I'm being a tad bit hypocritical, but I'm serious. Get over it, most of America doesn't care for Bush because he got us into an so called "War", even though he won the election, which means the people of America wanted to have Bush as our president. Every president who started a war has lost public appeal, including the presidents during the wars we have won. :( I'm not saying I support Bush, but he's our president and we should stop fighting over weither Bush should be in office or not and deal with the problems we have already. So he put us into a "war" and we have gas prices going threw the roof supposivelly because of him, but impeaching him isn't going to solve the darn problem, if any thing its going to make it worse. :ph34r:

I for one don't side with or go against topics on politics. However, I don't like the fact that you're insulting Bush. You obviously don't know how much pressure he's going through. He has a lot of responsibility on his hands that goes way beyond you wanting to watch a TV show. As much as his actions seem dumb, that's the way it is. There's a reason he's still the president, and that's because America chose him to be president. It takes a lot of courage to become the president. He has to worry about his own life, the future of his nation, and sometimes foreign affairs too. As much as I dislike it when he appears on TV, I don't really mind, because I know that it's his duty to speak in public. And I feel that anyone who hates his or wants to burn him should try to see things in a different way.

Just the other night bush was talking about somthing on the tv on like every channel that people probally dont care about and just want him to shut his mouth so they can get back to the schedualed tv shows.

I think the U.S cant wait for the next two years to be over and his presidency will be over and some other WISE fellow will take the U.S.A in good hands and end this dumb war in Iraq.

I don't like Bush that much but I do think that he's a better president than Clinton. He seems to want what is best for the country even though he could have made better choices, but no one is perfect. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with his political views at all.

That's just my opinion. <_<

I'm an outsider, so don't go calling me a partisan to democrats or whatever the hell the other sisde is.

From what I have seen it is not just Bush himself that is the problem. It is the fact that the whole stucture in the US government thinks that it is invincible, and therefore has the power to do whatever it likes to whoever it likes.

As soon as the planes were flown into world trade centre, killing your oh so innocent people, the US rises against Muslims, invades Afghanistan, and kills several times those killed on the 11th of September. Were those any less innocent than the ones the went down with the towers? Sure, a couple of them were, but I think that most of those who suffered from the invasion were already bad enough off without being bombed.

And then came this Iraq business. The weapon inspectors never finished their jobs, but were removed before they could say that there were no nukes, nor any evidence of attempts at production. Bush invaded cause he was afraid of nukes? I don't think so. I'm by no means saying that Iraq would have been better off if they hadn't 'intervened', but why is it always the US that feels like terrorising the people they happen to feel like terroising?

What's wrong with Iraq having nuclear weapons? Afraid they are going to use them up on the US? Well if they hadn't planned to, they will definitely feel like it now!

In this one aspect I hope that the oil supplies will run out pretty swiftly - just to see what happens when people (and not just the US) figures out that their nice black "golden" syrup won't actually last forever. I have this feeling there might be a few less SUVs around in the US at least. But then you never know...

I'm terribly sorry if this affends anyone, it's just my point of view (except from the fact that the oil will run out), and this is a vent... Just keep the fact that you're offended to your self, will you?

From what I have seen it is not just Bush himself that is the problem. It is the fact that the whole stucture in the US government thinks that it is invincible, and therefore has the power to do whatever it likes to whoever it likes.

True and that kinda attitude should be marked as terrorism as well. With the bombings of both Afghanistan and Iraq, the US kinda showed that they are in no way better then any terrorist-organisation existing. In those bombings and the current battles more innocent people died then in the event of 9-11. I'm not implying that the US is worse then other terrorists, but if they wanna cease terror, they're the ones who should give the examply. A better world starts with yourself right?

And it is by no means a war vs. terror, but a massacre against muslims.

And then came this Iraq business. The weapon inspectors never finished their jobs, but were removed before they could say that there were no nukes, nor any evidence of attempts at production. Bush invaded cause he was afraid of nukes? I don't think so. I'm by no means saying that Iraq would have been better off if they hadn't 'intervened', but why is it always the US that feels like terrorising the people they happen to feel like terroising?

Bush and his generals just seeked for a reason to invade Iraq, there wasn't one at all, so they made a reason to carry out their plans and they knew that they could stay around for quite some time due to the fact that when the Iraqi government fell, there would be a total civilwar when they would leave. Sad part is that they thought that they could but they can't control the Iraqi people and still lots of civilians and US soldiers die because of their lack of control. I too would fight back if some people would invade my house and made me live in my backyard.

In this one aspect I hope that the oil supplies will run out pretty swiftly - just to see what happens when people (and not just the US) figures out that their nice black "golden" syrup won't actually last forever. I have this feeling there might be a few less SUVs around in the US at least. But then you never know...

Bad part is that when the oil-supply runs out, we won't survive to see it. Oil is the blood of the planet we live on and when this runs out, there will be so many earthquakes, tsunamis and continentslides that the biggest part of our race will be extermined.

Bad part is that when the oil-supply runs out, we won't survive to see it. Oil is the blood of the planet we live on and when this runs out, there will be so many earthquakes, tsunamis and continentslides that the biggest part of our race will be extermined.

interesting point, I had never thought that way. the thing is that we should be seeing that already, then. Saudi is no longer letting loose the precise figures of the oil in their reseviors, though they claim that there is still twice as much left as they have already gotten out. We know, however, that they have to pump down several billion

litres a day to get oil out - proof that the levels in the resevoirs are declining.

Norway, the second largest oil exporter after Saudi, is already saving the profits of the oil industry against the day when the main export will no longer be profitable - "Oljefondet" - and the latest estimate for the date when oil will no longer be profitable is 40-50 years from now. After that, there will of course still be the "tar" left, but

it will not be as beneficial.

India and China's consumptions have doubled over the last ten years, and it is predicted that they will do so again over the next fifteen. And they are not even the nations that use the most oil per person - sorry guys, but that's the US.

So, consumption is rising, production is starting to decline. When do you think we will start seeing these "earthquakes, tsunamis and continent slides"? heh, don't mean to sound accusing, just wondering.

It would be nice to give the Earth a rest from humanity - we'll just go extinct, shall we?

Thank God somebody said it. I've been trying to say this for years. The government itself keeps messing up. Look at New Orleans and beg to differ. It was FEMA's fault for not reacting sooner and the Mayor's fault for not supporting his town's levies and getting them fixed. You can try to pin-point this or many other things on Bush, but what could he do? Helicopter down there and fix the levies? Yeah, right. I guess it was his fault for summoning a Hurricane, too.

Stop making up giant conspiracy theories about Iraq, people. It doesn't make you cool or controversial. It makes you look like pretty stupid.

After a war, you have to help the other country rebuild. We're in there for now, exactly for that reason and it's not complete yet. Liberals like to call it a "war", but it's the same thing that happened after World War II with the rebuilding of Japan or Germany. Hell, we'll still helping out th Afghans put stuff together. The only people who are attacking us are the ones who want propaganda and less support for the country, overall. They're evidently doing so, because you like to pinpoint it there. The Iraq war is over. We're still at war with AQ and all of the other extremists. They're the ones who tried attacking our citizens, and are now trying to cause a civil war in Iraq. Get a clue before you hear about 3 people dying ( in an area where there's car bombs by extremists, people die. Get over it ), freak out, and blame the President.

I live in california, a very liberal state, and everywhere i go, in school everybody is always like "omg bush sucks" and "did you hear the sh*t bush was talking on the tv last night". It always pisses me off when I hear this. Most of them have no idea what they are talking about. They just listen to what their parents say, who just side with the president of the political party they support. They wont shut up on things they dont know about. <_< ooooh that pisses me off soo much.

See that's exactly what I'm talking about. No offence to you olidar, but I'm getting a strong feeling you have no idea what you are talking about. You mostlikely hear others talking bad about the president, and im not saying your just agreeing with them to be popular or anything, but subconsiously you swich over to their side. The media also makes sure you don't forget anything the president has done wrong. The government hides so much information from the people, we cannot really be sure what a president's real plan is. I do belive, that whatever president was elected, would have been hated as much as Bush is now. September 11 would have happened no matter what president was in office, and weather he went to war or not, they would have been blamed for it.

Don't get me wrong, I am not an ultumate fan of the president, and I don't say that in a bad way, It's just he really hasn't done anything to annoy me, or impress me, and i really dont care either way. I don't consider myself as liberal or conservative. I really have my own ideas for government. (see the * at the bottom of this post if you are interested in knowing what I think should be changed). But I am leaning over more to the republican side really. I come from a middle class family, and the whole original thought of liberals, is distributing wealth, even though both parties are pretty much the same now, i really dont like. I do know, if democrat would have gotten into office, higher class families would have to pay more taxes, and more of it would have been given to welfare. I belive if you have worked for your living, and you get up off your lazy **bottom**, you shouldnt' have to give it to those who didn't think ahead, and didn't go to collage, or came to this country illigaly. :ph34r: .

Liberals like to nitpick anything and everything the President does. When Mrs. Clinton even said pulling out immediately from Iraq would make that region go to hell in a handbasket and it's a pretty stupid choice, they acted like the usage of logic was destroying their basis of "ANYTHING BUSHS SAYS, I'M AGAINST" way of running the bandwagon.

Either way, you really don't have much. It's just nitpick, nitpick, nitpick. They interupt the channels because some people don't like lodging their head up their **bottom** and want to know what's going on in the world, rather than thinking you can go to candy fun land by letting Iran and North Korea get nukes, pulling out of Iraq will create a magically fun barrier to stop them from breaking out into a civil war, and everything will go into a peaceful slumber. The world doesn't work that way. I'm glad people like that aren't in charge.

Thank you. This is exactly what I was saying above. People are just bagging on who ever is in charge, just because they are not from the same political party. This is not just the liberals who seem to do it to conservitives, but also the other way around. Look at clinton...

I don't like Bush that much but I do think that he's a better president than Clinton. He seems to want what is best for the country even though he could have made better choices, but no one is perfect. Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with his political views at all.

That's just my opinion. :(

Meh, i thout i'd stick that quote in there, fits perfectly with my above statement. hehe :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------

*Right now i must be going, im going to edit this part later, above I siad this is where i would say what i do not agree with our government... just a place where i can rant and rave later.

As soon as the planes were flown into world trade centre, killing your oh so innocent people, the US rises against Muslims, invades Afghanistan, and kills several times those killed on the 11th of September. Were those any less innocent than the ones the went down with the towers? Sure, a couple of them were, but I think that most of those who suffered from the invasion were already bad enough off without being bombed.

Good to see a few people who are articulate, as well has holding fervent beliefs. It seems that so many people fall into the trap of saying "I support (or hate) party/person" without actually discussing any of the issues at hand (that includes so called "nit-picking").

So lets start discussing the real issues.

I'll start: The War in Iraq. The violence has only been escalating. Iraq is deteriorating, and only becoming worse and worse for our troops (2549 of who have lost their lives as of this post). I'd venture to say that partially stems from a misconception: that we are fighting against a set group of people, instead of an ideology. Our actions only bolster their numbers. For every insurgent killed, two more rise up to take their place. Every time Iraqi civilians get killed, families get destroyed, or some new atrocity comes to light it changes people over.

What we need to do instead is address the reasons why these people are willing to fight, to die, against us. To name a few:

Between 39116 and 43568 Iraqi civilians have been killed as of this post.

Paul Bremer (and the CPA) basically sold off their entire economy.

We destroyed their infrastructure (past what decades of sanctions and drawn out bombing campaigns had already done).

We have created numerous permanent bases in Iraq.

...And that's just one topic. Lets get a good, respectful, and articulate debate going. Edited by gaea (see edit history)

its not that i'm with bush neither with our president here in the philippines but it seems that any country would never ran out of people critizing the government. eventhough bush gets over with his reign as president, and another president shows up, there will still be people critizing his morals and his work. like here in the philippines, when another president was elected, they try and try to make ways to end that reign. and when they succeeded, and another president was elected, they still do what they always do, make ways to destroy that president. But eventhough it seems like i'm on the presidents' side, don't get me wrong, the president here now in the philippines, sucks! (compared to the presidents before her) hehe

So lets start discussing the real issues.

I'll start: The War in Iraq. The violence has only been escalating. Iraq is deteriorating, and only becoming worse and worse for our troops (2549 of who have lost their lives as of this post). I'd venture to say that partially stems from a misconception: that we are fighting against a set group of people, instead of an ideology. Our actions only bolster their numbers. For every insurgent killed, two more rise up to take their place. Every time Iraqi civilians get killed, families get destroyed, or some new atrocity comes to light it changes people over.

What we need to do instead is address the reasons why these people are willing to fight, to die, against us. To name a few:

Between 39116 and 43568 Iraqi civilians have been killed as of this post.

Paul Bremer (and the CPA) basically sold off their entire economy.

We destroyed their infrastructure (past what decades of sanctions and drawn out bombing campaigns had already done).

We have created numerous permanent bases in Iraq.

...And that's just one topic. Lets get a good, respectful, and articulate debate going.

EXACTLY! Well said...

Last night I was watching a Daily Show with Jon Stewart on TiVo - he was showing the two sides of a single argument - should we sacrifice life in order to make other life better? The clips were from the stem cell veto as well as an answer that Bush gave as to how many Iraqi's have probably been killed since we started the conflict... "I'd say that about 30,000...." You can't have it both ways. The sacrifice of Iraqi lives now is against the rule "we shouldn't sacrifice life in order to make other lives better."

What Bush really needs to do is eat nothing but pretzels -- sooner or later, one of 'em will do the job.