xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MTGaming

Rpg Code And Rpg Toolkit oh I forgot pixeling

Has anyone ever heard of RPG Code or even RPG Toolkit. RPG Toolkit is an RPG Creation tool. And RPG Code is the code that you use for programming a game using RPG Toolkit. Also does anyone know a good site for me to learn how to draw using pixels? I really need this for Dark Times, a game that I am creating.

I like rpg code. It is suppose to be a powerful programming language and easy to use. (Depends on whether or not if you are good at programming). Here is an example of the most simple RPG Code:

#mwin("The mwin command is the most simple of the rpg codes.")#wait() *waits for player to press activation key#mwincls() *clears screen
But it can also get harder with methods and variables and the
#rpgcode()
command.

I think that RPG Maker XP (PC) is a really cool program. Its all 2d, but you can get it on the ps2 (RPG Maker 1,2,3) then its 3d. It has a very simple programming language (ruby/RGSS) and you can customize every little aspect of your game. You can even make scripts to go online and play with others.

RPG Maker XP is really good. You can customise a lot, mainly because of the RGSS system (ruby game scripting system). But you need a realk knowledge about programming, so is not that easy at all to make a real good game.

You can download a trial version of RPG Maker XP. But, the full thing will cost you 60 bucks. But I have a few questions about RPG Maker XP. I have the program and I'm wondering how you can get it on the PS2, or how you make it online??

Did anyone else notice this was questions about to other programs..and then it got stolen by rpg maker? rpg maker is great and all, but it has too many limits(they are trying to stop those limits with the scripting part of xp). its a great program, but the programs in question(from the little I've skimmed through) are alot better. No, I cant help with the questions, actually I found this by looking for help on the to programs, but what you are asking for cant be made in rpg maker.-That One Guy

Dude how can you not like RPG Maker XP!!!!!!!!! Its really good and it i sn't that limited. Its very costimizable if you know how to program using ruby scripting. This is one of the best cheap game designing programs i've ever used. and you only skimmed the info. try out the product then come back with some VALID info if why it isn't a "good program".

Also does anyone know a good site for me to learn how to draw using pixels?

The one stop shop for pixel artists; from newbies to masters:

Way Of The Pixel

Make sure to check the following post at the Way of the Pixel forums:

Tools, Resources and Linkage.

Therein you'll find a truck load of goodies related to the craft of pixel art. But the greatest thing about the Way Of The Pixel forums is the level of

user participation. You'll learn a lot there.

Edited by dimumurray (see edit history)

only feedbacker has senceRpg Code And Rpg Toolkit
Rpg maker xp sucks, ruby scrpiting is a waste of time, spemd time on c++ or c or c# or even basic but not rpg maker. It is good and worth the time to get you so far. After that it is like a dead end. It has nearly no capabilities and because of that I say you are wasting your time.

Runescape is a fun game and I believe that it is entirely written in java. Rpg games are fun and easy with that language and program but it will only get you so far ad if you want to make something reallygood get a group of people and study one language. And make it a complete language, not part drag and drop and part code. 

The only way to make a great game with programming is to learn a big programming language and learn it. Do not use drag and drop stuff,

Also,

I like pickles!

rpgmakerxphater