xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Albus Dumbledore

Wages For Graphic Designers Have you seen how much these folks make?

Ok, well i was looking around online for a job this evining, and i just happpened to look in the computer section, and there was somthing for a graphics designer, and i asked to myself...
hmm i wonder how much graphics designers can make.. so i went to the page that showed how much they would make... and i took a look at it and my jaw droped....

they can make from 45-70K witht hat particular company...

then i looked elsewhere and on the Freelance-writing.net they say you can make between 100-150k a year!! my jaw dropped even more... because this was part time, and from the comfort of your own home!! OMG

im drooling right now.. lol, i want to become a forensic scientist, and i will no matter what gets in my way, but i was thinking... if i can make according to my college professor who was a criminalist for over 15 years, i will make between 50-100k a year, and if theres a part time graphics design job out there... where i can work from my home, i can be making at most over 200k a year.... bust this isn't about me

can you believegraphic designers can make up to 150k a year!?!?

My fiance studied to be a graphic designer and he can't even get a job in it around here. (I live near Daytona Beach, FL). He's searched everywhere yet everyplace that hires doesn't care if he has a degree or not so they hire anyone. That makes the competition tough since he studied and should get higher pay. But why pay someone big cash when you can get a teenager who's just as good for less than half the standard pay (50,000). I highly recommend to not study something solely because the paycheck is big because you might not even get hired. If you do, you might end up hating your job.

wages for graphic designers

Wages For Graphic Designers

Replying to Albus DumbledoreThat's nothing... We just met an independent graphic designer who wanted $2000 for 20 hrs of work and it was our design all he had to do was format it.

You do the math... $100/hr. We are not paying it. He just priced himself out of a job!

-reply by Smith

i dont think its that badWages For Graphic Designers

I think thats a pretty standard price for graphic design, after their expenses it doesn't leave too much for them. 10% is gst, 10% for super annuation, another 20% or so for tax, say $200 for renting office space a week, thats allready taken about half the profit ($60 an hour now) and thats not to mention the cost of the software and equiptment they use. The programs they use cost thousands, and change allmost every year.

Its like mechanics and other profesionals charge a high hourly rate, but after expenses of all their equiptment and the workshop they don't really get that much of it. Its not the hourly rate you are paying, its the whole thing including expenses.

-reply by dylan