xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
barnes

Entertainment Post Count.

I think we all find ourselves listen to music, watching TV, or movies almost everyday. I think entertainment deserves a post count. I know its a huge part of my life.

trap17 doesn't judge post count by points in life i dont believe,i think that it judges what has post count and what doesn't by what it will contribute to the ads on the Xisto forums, so Xisto admin can get money to keep this excelent free webhost up..but yes, i do agree that there should be a post count there, expecially in the movies section.. but there should be limits.. like only movies that have come out startiing on such-n-such date, because people can be rating movies, and talking about movies from 30 years ago just to get credits..

i think that it judges what has post count and what doesn't by what it will contribute to the ads on the Xisto forums, so Xisto admin can get money to keep this excelent free webhost up..

Complete false!
Ads on Xisto is there for few visitors we have on Xisto forum. The free web hosting is actually funded by Xisto - Web Hosting plans purchased.

Posts are only counted towards those forums which can contribute well constructed posts and replies made within the topic. Few other areas have been either less active or prone to spam. Therefore, they were selected to be NO POST COUNT. Until members can demonstrate *all* forums can be sustained for quality posts, I'm afraid we will have few NO POST COUNT zones.

This is another reason why moderators are teaching all members to post accordance to Xisto rules. And it is why all member should help and build each other to create excellent posts. Xisto can only sustain free web hosting *AS LONG AS* Xisto can be ranked high on all search engines, such as Yahoo and Google. To achieve this, the only way is to be marked, paged, cached by mighty search engines is to create topics with quality contributions. Remember, quality is the key and not quantity. Topic title is also very important followed by topic description.

I'm all up for making quality posts, but I think that it should count no matter what forum you are in. I just hate taking the time to write out a very nice post, with lots of detailed information, just to later find out that you found yourself into a no-post-count zone. It's a bit discouraging after spending ten or fifteen minutes making the post 'quality'.Sure, if the topic was one I felt really passionate about to begin with, I wouldn't care, but I get all excited after I submit a nice size post to see just how much that helped my numbers. When I check up on it, to find that it didn't go up at all, it's rather discouraging.Couldn't there be a way to see if the post is spam by making sure that it's of a certain length or something? Plus, once a moderator finds a spam message, don't the credits from that post just get taken away anyway and the warning goes up? I would think that alone would solve the problems and allow for all posts that are of some value to actually count for something.