xisto Community
mayank

Important Things To Be Followed By Everyone!

Well, I am sorry to say this but I've noticed that the quality of the posts is degrading day by day and because of that only, I am writing this post and I am trying to bring out certain things which each and every member has to keep in mind while starting a new post.

I know that all these things are mentioned thousand or may be endless times in the forum however still if we've to repeat ourselves then I think there is something wrong even if all the moderators try their level best to keep the things neat and clean.

When you are about to start a new topic.

There are certain things which every member must do before starting a new topic and beleive me, these have been said endless times and is repeated again this time also.....

* Use the search feature to find out if the topic has been discussed before and if it has been instead of starting a new topic make a reply in that post.

* Make sure that you give a descriptive topic title and by descriptive I mean a topic title which makes sense and explains what exactly you want to say in the topic. Now, this is not only important from the point of view of better and organized post but also because it helps in the SEO of the forum.

You can leave out topic description because it no longer plays an important role in the SEO however if there is a description then it can make a post look better and can attract the readers (oh yes, not everyone will open the post if it is not having a catchy or important heading).

* Always make sure that you contribute in the forum from your own words, if you are copying and pasting the content from different sources then make sure you QUOTE it and then dont forget to give your opinion on that....Dont just copy and paste the stuff..We do want to know your opinion too and that will keep things moving and keep the forum interesting.

and when I say your words, dont forget that more words means more credits, so when you write....write as much as you can to get more credits (its for your own good).

When making a reply to a topic

* NO ONE LINERS

* Don't forget to be ON TOPIC, if you think that your reply will take the post completely on a different aspect even if it is somewhat related to the topic then you must make a new topic and when you make a new topic then dont forget to mention why you made a new topic (even if the related topic exists) Remember, if you'll explain then it will take another 10-20 words which will again give you more credits

* Try not to flame and not to forget that it is a public forum and thus you must use proper language in the forum.

* If you are promoting any religion then there is no harm in it but remember that each and every religion deserves equal respect and same is the case with other communities, countries, people...remember that if you give respect to others you'll gain respect from others.

These are some of the things which I thought that they needed to be highlighted as I think these simple and basic things are not followed by the members these days..........and I'll again point out on the DESCRIPTIVE TOPIC TITLE! please make sure that you follow these things....not only they are simple but helpful for you and others too!

I hope that this post will make some difference and we'll get to see some improvement in the forum.

Hello sir,

I would like to tell you that i sincerely followed the marked rule and posted some tips to load the site quick.....

I also include the "NOTE" that this work is a combination of web search and expert's comment.

That means i gave the credit to who ever wrote those tips and as i was also not knowing this thing who wrote it so in general i gave a NOTE....

Because i got those tricks from a forum where the name of author was not mentioned

But when i published it here with all the NOTES and all then also i got a warning for copy and paste....

I requested the warner to please lift the warning as i am new and i read the rule about copy and paste but he has not PM'ed me till now and i am unable to get my hosting

Please help me i did not do it intentionally and want to uplift this forum by providing quality posts.....

Please some1 help me..

Thanks in advanced

I requested the warner to please lift the warning as i am new and i read the rule about copy and paste but he has not PM'ed me till now and i am unable to get my hosting

Please help me i did not do it intentionally and want to uplift this forum by providing quality posts.....

Please some1 help me..

Thanks in advanced

Hi Ragav, I can understand your problem. But you are still unaware of posting rules, I think. For example take your recent posts in your topic "Richest Websites in the world". You posted four consecutive posts in little time which is against rules. You can use the edit button if you want to add something to your post. And also make sure using Quote and Code tags wherever necessary. By the way, You are a good active member....just follow the rules, thats it.

Please read these board rules for posting. Board Rules.

If you follow these rules, moderators will remove your warning soon. Wish you all the best.. :P

Well, I am sorry to say this but I've noticed that the quality of the posts is degrading day by day and because of that only, I am writing this post and I am trying to bring out certain things which each and every member has to keep in mind while starting a new post.

I know that all these things are mentioned thousand or may be endless times in the forum however still if we've to repeat ourselves then I think there is something wrong even if all the moderators try their level best to keep the things neat and clean.

When you are about to start a new topic.

There are certain things which every member must do before starting a new topic and beleive me, these have been said endless times and is repeated again this time also.....

* Use the search feature to find out if the topic has been discussed before and if it has been instead of starting a new topic make a reply in that post.

* Make sure that you give a descriptive topic title and by descriptive I mean a topic title which makes sense and explains what exactly you want to say in the topic. Now, this is not only important from the point of view of better and organized post but also because it helps in the SEO of the forum.

You can leave out topic description because it no longer plays an important role in the SEO however if there is a description then it can make a post look better and can attract the readers (oh yes, not everyone will open the post if it is not having a catchy or important heading).

* Always make sure that you contribute in the forum from your own words, if you are copying and pasting the content from different sources then make sure you QUOTE it and then dont forget to give your opinion on that....Dont just copy and paste the stuff..We do want to know your opinion too and that will keep things moving and keep the forum interesting.

and when I say your words, dont forget that more words means more credits, so when you write....write as much as you can to get more credits (its for your own good).

When making a reply to a topic

* NO ONE LINERS

* Don't forget to be ON TOPIC, if you think that your reply will take the post completely on a different aspect even if it is somewhat related to the topic then you must make a new topic and when you make a new topic then dont forget to mention why you made a new topic (even if the related topic exists) Remember, if you'll explain then it will take another 10-20 words which will again give you more credits

* Try not to flame and not to forget that it is a public forum and thus you must use proper language in the forum.

* If you are promoting any religion then there is no harm in it but remember that each and every religion deserves equal respect and same is the case with other communities, countries, people...remember that if you give respect to others you'll gain respect from others.

These are some of the things which I thought that they needed to be highlighted as I think these simple and basic things are not followed by the members these days..........and I'll again point out on the DESCRIPTIVE TOPIC TITLE! please make sure that you follow these things....not only they are simple but helpful for you and others too!

I hope that this post will make some difference and we'll get to see some improvement in the forum.

I agree with most of what is said, but I don't agree with making new threads for every new idea. There are many ideas that are tied to one another and it would be much easier to keep them organized by leaving them together.

About the post quality degrading, I 100% agree with that. I have been having to use "REPORT" all the time. People are plagarizing more than ever(usually with the 2-3 page posts), quoting the previous post without using "quotes," etc.

It's like most people here are posting solely for the hosting, which I dislike. There is so much that you can learn and/or teach to others here, and it would be much more helpful if our posts were not flooded with worthless comments.

I will do a little thinking in terms of various implementations that they can add to the forums to clear up the spamming issue, and report back to the mods as to what I come up with(if anything).

thanks for this guide.. even im just a new member here...some of the things which part of this forum. were understand of mine..i was so newbie here of this kind of community but i will try to be genius..when posting and replying topic..thanks...

This manual seems and thes rules seem very usefull. On the other hand these rules are very obvious. And the question arises why somebody would like to attracht viewers. It is not only the amount of viewers that count. 1 Reaction that gives the right information can be more usefull compared to 100 viewers who read a topic and don't answer the question in the topic.

Edited by inea (see edit history)