xisto Community
dyknight

End Of The World

it seems like somone will always be saying the world is going to end. I don't know what all the fighting and natural disaters have to do with the world ending but if you have the time to think about stuff like that good for you but please don't put all these stupid theories up here. I mean to be quite honest all it shows is how *BLEEP* your life is if you have nothing better to do than think about this!!
But honestly the world has not ended for the last how ever many years when it has been 01 01 01 and 02 02 02 ( you get my drift) you see where i'm going with this and it will not end when the nexted 07 07 07 comes up and so on so please stop trying to predict that it will and just live your life. it is short enough as it is without wasting time on dumb things. Well that is just my opinion. If you wake up every morning and say " the world will end because two cars i drove past today where the same color" or what ever else comes up good luck to you.

But really think about it just say the happened to end on one of these things they predicted it means you would have spent your last days predicting when the world was going to end and not enjoying life like you should be. And anyway even if you do predict it right what can you do about it ?? you see the irony ?

I was reading this topic and I really would like to commend you on this wonderful post. I feel this is the right way of thinking, how do you enjoy life if every moment of your life is spent on ideas like 'Oh the world is ending', 'What is the point? We are all going to die' If your life is spent in this manner, what happiness can you achieve? Enjoy the world and cherish the ones around you. Of course life is unpredictable and there is no certainty that the world will last forever but thinking of its destruction is not the way to go. You should cherish what you have now, and life will be over before you know it.

Everytime I've seen reports, news, articles and stuff about world dying made me go sad, the first time I got depressed thinking I would die without even getting married, but then I noticed it wouldn't happen until a lot of years.

Then I've seen something on TV about a meteor passing by 2012 with a high chance of doing something bad and whatever else...

I don't wanna die, but I will die one day. There is nothing I can do about it. I wish myself a life full of fruits and happiness the long I can survive it.

Because life gives you different emotions and experiences. That is *darned* beautiful.

To the original question. . . .I don't believe that God causes bad things to happen. I believe He's there for us through it all. The poem Footprints is a good concept that I see as being the case.What I do think, is that it's Satan's hand moving us, and our allowing it, to do such things. Also, I believe that things happening that coincide with what the Bible says are only what is says because God knows the beginning and the end and all the possibilities in between. God steps in when He knows the best outcome would take place, but he doesn't cause bad things to happen.To the original question. . . .I don't believe that God causes bad things to happen. I believe He's there for us through it all. The poem Footprints is a good concept that I see as being the case.What I do think, is that it's Satan's hand moving us, and our allowing it, to do such things. Also, I believe that things happening that coincide with what the Bible says are only what is says because God knows the beginning and the end and all the possibilities in between. God steps in when He knows the best outcome would take place, but he doesn't cause bad things to happen.

I think like Teri too, I don't think God is making things not going well, we, people do!!! I think we do that becouse of using nuclear missles, and poison missless, and stuff like that, and only goal in that is to harm to a diferent nation, or whatever.... And we are not just hurting them, we are hurting all other living creatures, like animals or plants... It will be our fault if the end of the World come... And WWIII(World War 3) is on repertory, belive me... It will happen to us, the number of people in the world is constantly rising up, and there is less and less food and water... Then peoples instead of trying to solve a problem on a peaceful way, they are making wars, and killing people...That is not only reason for a war at Earth... We fight becouse of a stupid reasons, like for example in my country... I live in Serbia. Here, our and Albanian government are fighting about Kosovo and Metohija. And why is that? I can't belive that. Our government is watching that part of teritory like there they have something big, but there is not... There are only soliders, and conflicts between our and Albanian population... But, if they give that part of teritory to Albanians, there would not be any more incidents, but no, they do not want to give a Kosovo....I hear here on streats, people are talking that there on Kosovo is cooking the WW3 becouse, we are christians and they are mussulmans... And that is a holy war, that is written in a bible. Maybe this is a start, maybe not, but if it is, that is a start of the end of the world too!!!!!

Is the world coming to an end? Is there more pandemonium today than ever before in history?

No, and no.

The Iraq war, the Timor Leste insurgency, the Congo civil war, the Thailand political crisis, the Israel-Palestinian conflict, the Japan-NorthKorea-US tension, the Bird Flu, the SARS, the Hurricane Katrina, and, they all seem to point the world in one direction: self-destruction.

Crusades, Hundred Years' War, Wars of the Roses, American Revolution, American Civil War, War of 1812, WWI, WWII, Cold War, 1918 Flu, Bubonic Plague, Pompeii, etc. War and death are nothing new.

Why is there so much more fighting in a modern world that champions globalisation, peace and diplomacy? Why is there so much more diseases and natural disasters? Is it God, or is it us?

In recorded history there are about 130 years total of peace. War is a constant. But we're curing all kinds of diseases and making life easier for people who never would have made it 100 years ago. Natural disasters haven't changed much either. Actually, the worst known earthquake happened 450 years ago. They're no worse now, there are just more people.

The only thing that's really changed is the media. Because of TV and the internet we get more exposure to war, disease, and disaster. How many people do you think knew about the Shaanxi earthquake in 1556? If an earthquake killed 830,000 people today how many people do you think would hear about it? Two billion? Three? More? Probably.

it is definetly us that is causing the problem with the worldi meanif us humans wherent so intelligent (and growing more so everyday) no unfortunate happenings would have occured i mean we did bring it on to ourselves wars and all that.heavensounds has made a great little peice saying that we should live by natures rules and not cut her down and push her to the side we need to live in harmony with animals not killing them and butchering them i for one am a vegan.althrough i have nothing against humans eating meat(its the food chain) its the mcdonalds chains food chains and the such that drive me mad they seem to be trying to hurt nature in every way possible.And we bought all of this unto ourselves so who is to blame not george bush (dont know why i said him just he always springs to mind when im talking about destruction and hes a twat) but everyone in the world for their daily lifestyles of poluting and factory made products (dont know what this has to do with war but its normally something to do with greed)Oil is another of natures properties that humans are taking and fighting over.its a disgrace this world come to think of it :)

One has to keep in mind that the world has always seen conflict. We just seem to be a little more aware. Now if the world is to end soon, I haven't a clue. Maybe something does in fact need to happen.

DON'T TRY TO SAVE THE NATURE, TRY TO LIVE BY HER RULES, BECAUSE EVERYTHING BUT US IN NATURE IS WORKING PERFECTLY!

You think same as I do!!! We are error in nature... We are something that was not suposed to happend... It is not I do not like people, but look at the facts.... You cant say we are good for nature... We will once destroy everything because we are playing with big stuff... And we shouldn't... For example... We dig a hole, and find something, we use it, for example old trees, and we burn it, it then become into smoke smoke goes up and fall on surface, but that should not be on surface, it should be somwhere under ground, and it is just one thing we do unknowingly... And we should not move things like that... Nature is working prefectly without us or our help!!!

Well we today have all means to end the world nuclear technologies,hole in the sky ultraviolet rays, so when has the means they tend to use it so we always have the fear of end of the world.Well we are almost to the point of it.only disarmamation may cause it to stop the world from ending and nowadays we are more dependend on computers rather than our own memory. well every thing that has a beginning has an end to it.

Exactly. Everthing ends at somepoint, and there's absaloutly no point in even trying to stop it. It depresses me to even contepmlate when I'm going to die, so I just tyink everyone should focus on living their life in the preesnt, and not concentrating on when it's gonna end, cause that's just gonna make them paranoid. I love life, and I don't want to ruin it by reminding myself that at some point I won't be living anymore *shudders*remember, everyone dies but not everyone lives...

I think that life is coming to a end in the next billion years but not the earth itself. The earth is solid and so hot it is almost impossible to destruct itself. But the life may end. For a few reasons.1. Global Warming - Going to get so hot we can't live2. Oceans - Ocean currents are slowing and ocean life is dieing already3. Wars - Were going to nuke everyone and were all going to be dead. And those who survived will be killed from thr nucular hazards. All these things could happen. Any of the things above besides war are already happening so it is likely sometime in the next 2 centurys life may start. It may be like this and we don't know. Life starts then 50000 years pass it all dies and it starts again. I think that this is how it happens. If anyone else has a comment tell me.

yeah i am sure that the end of the world will happen sometime especially with this increase in global warming all of the time, and a bunch of other factors that are only going to get worse. There has been so many theories though of when the world is going to end and i have yet been able to find one thats correct since we are all still here today. Especially that thing about the year 2000 i never did believe in that and i know that a bunch of people were uneasy about the things that they have heard with the computers. Even so i think that there will be something that will happen and its going to be our fault that it did happen.

Is the world coming to an end? Is there more pandemonium today than ever before in history?
The Iraq war, the Timor Leste insurgency, the Congo civil war, the Thailand political crisis, the Israel-Palestinian conflict, the Japan-NorthKorea-US tension, the Bird Flu, the SARS, the Hurricane Katrina, and, they all seem to point the world in one direction: self-destruction.

Why is there so much more fighting in a modern world that champions globalisation, peace and diplomacy? Why is there so much more diseases and natural disasters? Is it God, or is it us?

Coming to an end? No. Just another day in the world....yes! I dont think its gotten worse. I think that with the information age we are in today we just hear more and more about what is going on in the world. Most of what is going on today was going on in the world back then. The fighting in the middle east has been brewing for thousands of years so its nothing new. The muslim extremist groups today are no different then the christian crusades of the past. Like you hear a thousand times....history repeats itself.

For some reason, I beleive the Mayan's theory the most.2012, December...23rd I think. That's when they predict the world to end. They predicted that, so long ago. The descendants of the Mayan empire are vigourously trying to find a flaw in the equation. But they still have not. I think they are making a movie about it too. Hopefully before 2012 :lol: