xisto Community
dyknight

End Of The World

The world won't end. Maybe we'll all die but the world truely won't explode. The only way that will happen is if someone decides to go to the core and blow it up from the inside out. Atleast I think that would work. But even when the time comes, the Earth won't blow up I don't think. I just think the core will get either smaller or larger and will just burn out. But I don't think it will blow up. You gotta stop worrying. The worst that will happen is most of us will die and there will maybe be a few males and females left. Than a few guys get to have a lot of fun if you know what I mean. hehehe. But anyways, we will all just die as a result at worst. Whether it be from the wars and a Nuclear War starting. Or from the Bird Flu or some other disease. Or it be from the sun dying it in a few billion years. We will all die but the Earth won't blow up. Especially from just this. Maybe like I said before if you blow up the core. So don't worry about anything. And just live your life like a normal person. Be happy that there is no Nuclear War yet.

Eventually life on earth will come to a screeching halt. You just have to wait until our limited water supply runs out, and we can't find another place with water close enough to allow life on earth to continue.As for war, human life will never end from war. Cooks with bomb shelters miles in the ground will survive the nuclear and biological wars of the future(possibly an even more advanced weapon).As for the religious end of the final judgement, the signs point to soon, but these can be treated as minor coincidences with other disputed information in the bible.

First, one cannot "blow up" a planet. Even if one had the resources required, it would take an enormous amount of energy to accomplish such a task, and even then Earth's gravity would pull it back together again (see here and here).

As for Earth running out of water, Earth's water isn't going anywhere. We have the same amount of water now that we had a million years ago (assuming no comets brought some extra since then). Water recycles itself and does not disappear from a planet. Even if enormous amounts were split or converted into different substances, there would always be more water being made through chemical reactions to make up for the loss. No, water may not be where we want it when we want it, but it will always be around. A more likely demise of Earth would be the aging of the sun (which is inevitable), which would push Earth's temperature outside the life-supporting margins, either leaving Earth frozen or burned, but not short on water.

Actually, one CAN blow up the Earth. If and when people can create it, we will make anti-matter. It may seem far fetched but I believe that it could be made. And if it can and what I have read/heard about it is true, that could bring an end to the Earth. And yes, water is being put back both by being recycled and chemical reactions. But because of the growing population of the Earth, with billions of people drinking billions of gallons of water a day, we could lose all our water. I really don't think there is more water being put back than there is being taken away. And through chemical reactions, the only way to create water is by taking 2 Hydrogen Atoms and 1 Oxygen atom and forcing them to bond and form a water molecule. But there isn't an unlimited supply of Hydrogen and Oxygen on Earth to create that water. It will take many years but in time the water supply will go down to nothing. And because our Sun is so small, it will not form a black hole. But it will get hotter and than colder. But the Earth could end with a Nuclear War because a Nuclear War isn't 1 bomb on a place and than move to the next thinking everyone is dead. They will make sure everyone is dead. Very few would survive. And they would be considered lucky. But if they had kids, the radiation left over would cause defects. And the war would destroy plants and animals leaving nothing to eat. The water would be contaminated. You would either die of defects or die of starvation unless you ate bad things that you shouldn't like contaminated animals and drank contaminated water. Even if your bomb shelter was filled with food, it wouldn't be enough.

First, antimatter does not occur naturally and thus would have to be produced in quantities that would nearly equal the mass of the Earth in order to destroy it. According to this article, one would need 2,500,000,000,000 tons of antimatter 2,500,000,000,000 tons of antimatter and 224,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Joules of energy, which is about what the sun produces in a week. Unless one discovers a dimension (as the article suggests) in which one can transport matter to instantly convert it to antimatter, such production would take quite a few centuries (and assuming that it would all be collected for an Earth-destroying bomb is silly - no leader is foolish enough to consider destroying an entire planet [and no, nuking enemies is not the same as destroying the planet]).

Blown up by matter/antimatter reactionFeasibility rating: 5/10

You will need: 2,500,000,000,000 tons of antimatter

Antimatter - the most explosive substance possible - can be manufactured in small quantities using any large particle accelerator, but this will take some considerable time to produce the required amounts. If you can create the appropriate machinery, it may be possible - and much easier - simply to "flip" 2.5 trillion tons of matter through a fourth dimension, turning it all to antimatter at once.

Method: This method involves detonating a bomb so big that it blasts the Earth to pieces.

How hard is that?

The gravitational binding energy of a planet of mass M and radius R is - if you do the lengthy calculations - given by the formula E=(3/5)GM^2/R. For Earth, that works out to roughly 224,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Joules. The Sun takes nearly a WEEK to output that much energy. Think about THAT.

To liberate that much energy requires the complete annihilation of around 2,500,000,000,000 tonnes of antimatter. That's assuming zero energy loss to heat and radiation, which is unlikely to be the case in reality: You'll probably need to up the dose by at least a factor of ten. Once you've generated your antimatter, probably in space, just launch it en masse towards Earth. The resulting release of energy (obeying Einstein's famous mass-energy equation, E=mc^2) should be sufficient to split the Earth into a thousand pieces.

Earth's final resting place: A second asteroid belt around the Sun.

Earliest feasible completion date: AD 2500. Of course, if it does prove possible to manufacture antimatter in the sufficiently large quantities you require - which is not necessarily the case - then smaller antimatter bombs will be around long before then.

It's not exactly an impending doom. 500 years is a long time.

Second, it doesn't matter how many people are drinking the water, it's still coming back. Ocean water will evaporate and rain as freshwater, be consumed, and then evaporate again from the body or feces/urine of creatures and return to the cycle of fresh water. Besides, saltwater can be filtered. It's difficult and expensive, but it's possible.

(My appologizies...I don't have time to read all the previous posts).One argument is that the rise in problems could be attributed to global "population control." Much in the same way that forest fires, droughts, and famines are part of the cycle of life. Though putting subjective human choices (e.g. the war in iraq) into that equation seems sketchy at best.Another possibility is that we just have a much wider scope of communication/access of information than we ever did before. As such, the same ammount of problems could have always been occouring--we just wouldn't have been aware of it previously.As far as the apocolyptic/end of the world senarioes go...I personally think that is just a load of horse-*bleep*, and that those professing those specific idealiogies are religious wackjobs...then again, that's just my opinion.

Actually, water can disappear from the planet and never be replenished. Take a look at Mars as many of the surface features were created by large amounts of water (canyons, gullies, valleys, etc). Also, if the sun becomes so active that the average temperature of the earth rises to near boiling, the water will eventually cease to exist here. First, thick clouds will be produced insulating the earth and cause an acceleration of the "greenhouse" effect. This, in turn, will cause the temerature to rise even faster. As the sun expands and grows hotter, eventually the water will be burned off the planet (including all life). The earth will just be like venus... very hot and dead.Also, there are those predicting the end of this age in December, 2012. Not really the end of the world but the end of an age and the beginning of a new one. We'll just have to sit back and watch to see if it actually happens or not. You might want to keep an eye on the activity of the sun, too. Massive solar flares are going to erupt and collide with the earth and cause massive destruction (such flares have occurred in the recent past, Aug-Sep, 2005, and have knocked out satellites and power-grids here on earth, being the most powerful ever recorded). The next high point of the sunspot cycle occurs in 2012. It's interesting that the most powerful solar flare (which completely went off the scale) occurred about a year ago and it's during the inactive or low-point in the sunspot cycle.NASA has also announced that the massive tsunami caused by an earthquake in south east asia actually caused the whole planet to slightly shift on its axis as well as cause the day to be slighty longer by causing the earth to slow down a bit. Such destruction is going to escalate. Even last winter was found to be the warmest ever recorded since weather began being recorded in the late 19th century. I believe that, at the rate things are occuring, I will be around to witness the end of the current age (which is not the same as the end of the world). I see the collapse of many countries, including the United States. It's inevitable as there is not one nation that has never collapsed in the history of the world. If it has a beginning, it has an end...

I heard about that slowing down due to the tsunami. As for water leaving a planet, sure it can evaporate off the planet, but that isn't the case when the planet has an atmosphere as thick as Earth's. The pressure of the atmosphere and the pull of gravity keep Earth's atmosphere from boiling off, so as a result, we aren't losing any water.

Granted, the water from earth escaping into space is currently so negligible that it can be written off and ignored. But suppose that the temperature of earth was about equal to that of Venus... what would happen to the water if the temperature always hovered around 600-900 degrees Fahrenheit? Can such a senario actually occur? There are scientists that believe, in time, the sun will expand until it engulfs the earth, among other planets. Hmmm... I wonder if the earth will hold onto its water when the surface temperature increases to 1500 degrees F as the sun greatly expands X number of centuries from now... Will the gravity be sufficient to hold onto the water?

I feel the world is what me make it because we are the one who dare to change it, almost to the extent of questioning nature many times. The main culprit of the increase of confusion is 'increase in population'. Its because of increasing population that we face lot of competition and lot of poverty. Although in todays world education is probably not as a big problem as population as most of the people have realized that education is the key to success. But they have yet to realize that as education is the key to success, the same way over-population is the key to destruction and chaos. What do you think bird-flu and SARS will propagate if there is distributed population? No. Its just because the density of people is very high. The North Korea-US tension is another example of competition arised due to inflation of population and the fight fo rnuclear power. I guess nature handles the chaos on its own and there is natural selection by struggle for existence and survival of the fittest. It is the rule that entropy increases but it is nature that handles the entropy and distributes it. Finally I don't feel God is the culprit but it is only we who can do something to make the world a better place to live in! All the best.I feel the world is what me make it because we are the one who dare to change it, almost to the extent of questioning nature many times. The main culprit of the increase of confusion is 'increase in population'. Its because of increasing population that we face lot of competition and lot of poverty. Although in todays world education is probably not as a big problem as population as most of the people have realized that education is the key to success. But they have yet to realize that as education is the key to success, the same way over-population is the key to destruction and chaos. What do you think bird-flu and SARS will propagate if there is distributed population? No. Its just because the density of people is very high. The North Korea-US tension is another example of competition arised due to inflation of population and the fight fo rnuclear power. I guess nature handles the chaos on its own and there is natural selection by struggle for existence and survival of the fittest. It is the rule that entropy increases but it is nature that handles the entropy and distributes it. Finally I don't feel God is the culprit but it is only we who can do something to make the world a better place to live in! All the best.