xisto Community

Here is a list of proxies that I find to be useful for some deeds that you people may or may not engage in.

// snipped //

If that's not enough, I don't know what is.

Notice from mayank:
Please note that the list of URL never contributes in the forum, so you have to add quotes to such long lists. Quotes Added
Edited by OpaQue (see edit history)

serisouly sweet i have only just found out about proxys and have been using them at school alot, althought their blocking system is very good and it knows all of the best ones, so i now have a huge lsit to use and hopefull only a few will be blocked anyone who wishes to add to this list:is very much most welcome as i will find its extremely useful and a great help in out quest to beat the it nerd that run our school;wiht a list this long its gonna take a whilfor them to block them all and any upates on this list will be brilliant, thanks dudes and duddets nice post thanks so much, owww yeah any proxy site with the word proxy in it will not work on our school system so any more without the word proxy will be great, great post nice job!!! ++

lol, i seriously don't really care about proxy list anymore because my school had already blocked them all. So i would rather spend my time at school doing something else than sitting there and try to test out all the proxy site. lol.. If you really in needs of accessing blocked sites at your school, i would recomand to sign up for some free cheap webhosting that doesn't require you to post like Xisto (i'm not saying this is cheap hosting, i think Xisto is awesome.. lol.) and run your own proxy service until your account get banned. Then you can create another and do the same thing over again.. lol.. Sorry if i sounded like a jackass.. lol

"I use HTTP proxy = http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/.
Anyone use that also?"

I'm not an expert, but is that really a proxy? because 127.0.0.1 is like "your computer adress"... I guess it's not a REAL proxy.

"Why would we want to use a proxy server? Is it better or faster to use one?Do some sites need a proxy server to access it?"

There are many reasons why people use proxy. For instance: There are some hosting sites that does not allow people from certain country to register there and you could use a proxy to fake it. It's hard to find a proxy as fast as your own IP however some sites do work better with a certain country proxy so that's another reason do use it. I mean, I download things from certain FTPs that downloads much faster using a asian proxy however it never goes higher than my connection limit.

Here is a list of proxies that I find to be useful for some deeds that you people may or may not engage in.

What do you mean by this? Also, I notice this is in the security issues forum... are you suggesting the use of these for illegal activity? Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

So using a proxy can override some sites thinking that you are in another country.127.0.0.1:9100 is port 9100 on your computer. It can be used as a proxy, if you have the right software to configure it.Some websites actually BLOCK users for certain countries? OMG

Some websites actually BLOCK users for certain countries? OMG

All the time. We do it in the US too. There are some videos on Google that are unviewable in the US. It isn't the government in that case, it is a corporation, but still, the free internet is not so free.

Of course not, NDPA, proxies are used to protect people's privacy, to protect the real ip, and even with proxies, good crackers always find the real ip, but in average, proxies work well.I do not think that's his purpose, but that is just me opinion, because if he had that purpose, he would explain how to use the proxies in illegal activities.This is a nice list, the most complete one i ever saw, and i am very apreciated for the same, it is going to be very usefull to me.I use proxy switcher pro has my proxy personal program, it can find and test proxies in a snap, but if i have more proxies to find, i can add them into a txt file, load the list into the program and test them, so that is why i find this list usefull.

Well some isp may work slower when you enter a proxy on ie and for some isps with bb you may require secure proxy for accessing secure sites it all depends on your isp.mostly the dialup does not requires a proxy server to connect to secure websites.so if you require a secure proxy you can try the websites given above else if you can acess without proxy it may work faster.