xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
itsmyard

My 'made' Sun Looks Cool

That's really incredible. I've never been able to make a sun look that realistic and I have tried a couple times. The one thing that sort of sticks out at me though is the black jaggedy line that's around the sun. If that could be more smooth, I think it would be even more amazing. It is very beautiful though.

i like it, its ashame the sun isn't perfectly round/oval like that.. lol mayve if you added some sun flares around the edge of it (not many like 1 or to, then i think it would look much more realistic! but this still looks evrry realistic, expecially with the black spots, which rarley occur that much on the sun >_< hehebut an excelent job on it and id give it a 9/10 WTG! (way to go, lol the pool league talk is getting to me :))

It's very nice. I love the cartoony feel of it, although you could have probably anti-aliased the edges. They are a little jagged. However, I'm not sure if the sun has quite so many black areas. I mean, it's a glowing ball of light and hydrogen and all sorts of good stuff. I'm going to assume they're sunspots and move on.

Idea: if you added flares, it would look cooler! Then, you might be able to cover up the edges. Not too many though :)

la dee da...-as for the background, the stars are too monochrome, too frequent... the two stars (in the background) are the same *cough*brush*cough* and are pale... since when are stars gray?-you've apparently left a black layer behind the sun, leaving a black border around the sun... which looks horrible.-the actual glow around the sun is the same color... even though there are evident differences is surface colors on the sun and along the visible border of the sun... and the glow color doesn't match the sun's surface as well as it should.-it is too pixelly around the edges of the sun... to remove those, make the sun at a very high resolution, such as 3000 x 3000 pixels (or higher) and then shrink down the image to your size that you want.-you can see wayy to much detail on the sun... remember, actually looking at it all you see is bright, blinding yellow/white, you don't see detail.-the overrall presentation is poor... it is in the middle, takes up the whole (almost) image, and is way too "in your face"4/10...keep trying though, space is an especially hard theme/style to do well in since you usually have to start from scratch (no render/background).

the black line around the sun is the drop shadow i only noticed it but i posted iti made this is 15 mins the brushing i made it quick as i had school and had to go and its not fully the tutorial i twisted it alot