xisto Community
illdevilinc

Problems With Vista. (report Will Be Sent To Microsoft) List all Problems with programs, hardware and anything else.

hi,

before i get started with this ever growing list to this new OS, let me explain the terms of these programs not working. Windows Vista is a new High end operating system pulling high system resorces from your computer. The reason some of these programs may fail or plain not work at all may not always be the OS's fault. The bigest problem with vista is the ram and proccesor usage. And as an added note, if you want to know why im making so many posts about vista, i am simply expressing the problems of the operating system to future users. The Beta right now is full of bugs and is very unsupportive of drivers and programs. This beta is mostly for looks not any actual work or performance. Now here is the list of programs that i have found to be crashing frequently, have features break down, or plain not work.

Azureus (crashes frequently, has trouble saving files)

AIM (Stops responding when new IM is opened for about 5 minutes, may not respond until you manualy end program)

IE (Crashes frequently, may not view any webpages, to correct use windows update in control panel.)

FireFox (Crashes Frequently, Download manager will not work for saving files but will work if you only just open them)

Macromedia Dreamweaver (freezes requently, may not open at all)

iTunes (may not open correctly, may just show black on window, crashes requently, may skip while playing music.)

AOL Explorer (May lock up computer and force a reboot)

Windows Explorer (Yes even this may not function if you upgrade from Windows XP)

RealPlayer (If this program is installed Windows Vista will constantly display compatability issues on start-up)

Diskeeper (Simply unsupported)

Yahoo! Messanger (Crashes Frequently, exit, minimize buttons do not work, gives you errors about sign in even if you are already logged in.)

ANY Touchpad (Drivers are not out for alot of the touchpads so touchpad may not work and the only way to solve this is reinstall the whole operating system)

That is all the programs that i have encountered a problem with. Once this list is big enough i will send this report to Microsoft and see what they can do about it. So keep the list going with all hardware, software, or anything else that you have seen with vista.

Thanks,

illdevilinc

maybe it is a problem with your computers compatibilty to vista ?? but a company like micrsofot just dont release such high class product such as an OS which is an extremely important product for them to survive in todays market , the beta version will be made available to useres after ultra-beta testing internally and one can hardly expect it to have such obvious bugs and if that is going to be the case microsoft may as as bury itself along with vista so do you think they would allow a product of such high importance to come into the market full of bugs ? in a beta you should expect some bugs , thats why it is a beta afterall but i believe any such bugs one can expect to find if at all will be more of technical or security related nature , i may be wrong after all because i am no expert in this field but am just talking out of my common belief and logic :)

Let's remember that the current Vista beta is, well, a beta. Betas are never the most reliable software in the world, so there will always be problems with it (there are few exceptions to this). I generally don't mind using beta software, but I would not go for the Vista beta, A) because my dad would never let me install it B) because I have read everywhere about the instability of the Vista beta.

Most of these products are written for compatibility with Windows XP or lower. Expecting them to work on Windows Vista may cause unexpected performance and/or errors.Windows Vista is BETA , it is for testing purposes only. It is nott the best operating system, it is still in testing.Once Vista is not in BETA anymore, the programs should work properly on Windows Vista.I personally would not install Windows Vista BETA because:1> Instability.2> My dad would never let me.3> Computer not powerful enough.4> Void computer's warranty.I don't like BETA software anyways, too much confusion between different family members.

Most of these products are written for compatibility with Windows XP or lower. Expecting them to work on Windows Vista may cause unexpected performance and/or errors.Windows Vista is BETA , it is for testing purposes only. It is nott the best operating system, it is still in testing.
Once Vista is not in BETA anymore, the programs should work properly on Windows Vista.

I personally would not install Windows Vista BETA because:

1> Instability.
2> My dad would never let me.
3> Computer not powerful enough.
4> Void computer's warranty.

I don't like BETA software anyways, too much confusion between different family members.

True, but also Windows Vista also has compatability mode settings on it. Just like windows XP. All of windows vista features and core system is not compleatly redesigned it is all built off of Windows XP. So these programs should work better with vistas FINAL VERSION. This is a beta as most of you have said, im completly aware of how this OS will operate but the whole reason of me posting this was to show users how unstable this release is, and what programs (Which are used very often) misbehaive. I am also showing of how big of a mistake i made when installing vista. In a couple of days i will be reverting back to Windows XP, and have my computer back to working order.
And also my computer passes the system requirements of vista. The only thing that my computer dosent like is my Graphic card (ATI Radeon 7000). And another thing most manufacter do not void your warrenty for software (and an OS is software) they only void your warrenty for Hardware Tampering. But this is only my experance with the 3 brands of computers that i have. Hp, dell, and now Toshiba.

OK, let's not forget that we're talking Microsoft here... Even Windows XP is rather unstable, no matter how you look at it... I will never, ever be switching to Vista for several reasons... First is obvious, it's very demanding, and I don't intend for my CPU to spend 50% of it's time displaying fancy windows... I personally liked Windows 3.1 the best... It had very nice graphics, it was very customizable, and it worked!Vista is more cosmetic change, though it has many "upgrades" and such... But that's disputable...And yes, since it is a Beta, it will most definitely not work as intended... And when engineers fail to make 100% backwards compatibility with XP, they will simply invent new "Vista Compatibility Tests", or something similar, Vista Certification, yada-yada-yada...I had the opportunity to try Longhorn in 2003 (that was pre-alpha of what is known today as Vista), and it sucked big time... No, not big time, it sucked a ton... It worked slow as hell, it looked ugly, and it crashed constantly... Vista is a lot better than what I tried back in 2003, but it's still very far from what could be calles "useable operating system"...That's my two cents...

First thing I want to say is whenever you get a beta release of any program be it a sophisticated well known company or a new not tried company the program will and always has alot of bugs. Its to be expected and as part of the terms of use the company will warn you that they have no guarentees of the usability of the product. With that in mind one should expect the New Windows Vista to be full of problems and issues.I am not surprised to hear that the new Vista is a system hog. Alot of Beta programs are. I have noticed that windows tends to push you to improve your computer with their software. Its really not in my opinion conductive to keeping your customers. Hopefully Microsoft will think in the big picture and improve the functionality of the product and make it so it does not bog down your ram and system resources but I am not holding my breath.

I should add to my reasons against trying Vista that it has a million features that are simply unneeded. Many of those features are nice to have, but they A) gobble up system resources, and <_< give me more things to waste time with. I don't think I will get vista until they start shipping with new computers.

My biggest problems are:

Certain emails, when saved, cannot be accessed as they split up into folders.

spellcheck in emails will not work beyond the subject line. So I have to check each email myself or write them in word before I cut and paste. This is very time consuming.

Sending word, excel or pdf files and pictures cannot be opened by the recipients, in some cases they can if I send a Vista converter, but this is a business hindrance as my clients just disregard my emails and the contents.

Many of my programs that are proprietary to my suppliers and work on XP, do not work on Vista.

Vista is a business disaster for me and it will be very difficult to backtrack now.

Microsoft did not advise of all of these potential problems. Is there legal action one can take ?

Despite the fact that I have been using Windows Vista Ultimate and still is using it, I am noticing a lota instability issues with it. Vista is great in its own ways with the integration of DX10 and Aero and some other stuufs in there. I have personaly encountered some troubling instability issues with Vista one of which was that I lost virtually every installed program in my laptop after running disk cleanup. And with windows telling me that I have over 120GB of per user queued error messages inside a less than 50GB Partition is quite outrageous and when I went ahead to delete them, after wondering what the error was all about, I was stupefied when after the disk clean up finished and I found out that every installed program in the program files folder has gone.

It has happened to me 2wise and that aint funny. I had gone to complain to MS but surprisingly, there was no where for me to contact them, meaning I cant even find there contact page or an email to vent my anger to.

Well, thats that about my case. These days, I am taking it real easy with the OS and running periodic backups when I am damn sure that everything is working fine incase something happens, I can restore my backup and continue.

Just got a new gateway GT5630E last months and first thing I did was reinstalled windows because my control panel window and some other programs as well wouldn't work so I installed a fresh copy without getting the trial softwares and hopefully get all those programs running again. Got all my drivers back to normal and the software I want but my control panel wouldn't still go up as well as those certain programs.Been questioning if its the hardware doing it or the OS system...also thinking of just buying an internal hard-drive and install Windows XP in it.To anyone thinking of buying a new desktop or laptop, DON'T get Vista at all...it just plainly sucks and you'll probably encounter problems more severe than this. Just get XP....besides, Vienna is coming out in 2010 but have a feeling it might turn into another Vista problem again...just not so much though...hopefully-Mazda RX-78

Because my wife would be using her new HP pavillion for work purposes she tried to download the current Microsoft Office to her computer through a memory stick. This has been the way the company have done it forever but only on XP. Has anyone else come across this problem-Bill Anderson