xisto Community
Sinari

Small Children And Movie Theatres I hate them and hate them forever....

I believe that that happens to me a lot too. I turn around and tell them to stop after ten straight minutes of it and then the parent doesn't do anything except glare at me like I'm the one being rude...

I believe they expect you to know that kids are kids... but that's no excuse to bring them to a movie theater and distract everyone!

I remember some kid just placed his feet on the back of my seat and occasionally kicks it... It's so annoying... :) Even if I administer my presence, nobody cares... Some parents should really learn how to teach their kids good manners and have proper discernment.

If I'm recalling correctly ( which I probably am ), Maddox wrote an article about this a while back. It's a really really old one, but I've been a long time fan of him personally and I found his guide on avoiding the children by going to the movies at a certain time was actually reliable. I hope that helps you out.

True, movies must be more age-restricted, but I encountered a few times that when a movies was for children, there also were a few adults, wich too liked the movie, were complaining about kids being too loud and stuff. Of course, children should be corrected more by their parents, but when you go to a movie where the main audience are kids, people shouldn't complain about the kids being loud.Another strange thing is the age-restriction itself, there are movies with the restriction of 6 years, but there are scenes in it wich scare even older kids (even sometimes have kinda intimite scenes in it) and some movies are pure for kids and the rectriction is 12 years <_<

"...it's packed with little children shrieking and shouting and weirdly laughing at EVERY part?"

Man, I know EXACTLY what you mean. Except in my case, it was at home. When I had to babysit...about 2 years ago, I'd throw on some movie or something for the kids and they'd laugh at the lamest things. It got annoying but thanks to the family moving, my misery is over. :)

I never really had a problem with them. Really, it's just our own humilty. If they're close, I smack them upside the head. I don't care, fvck the parents. If they can't handle the kids, I'll do something about it for them. If the kids are rows away, I get up, get right next to them and tell them strongly 'shut the hell up' just loud enough for them to hear but not their parents. Kids get scared easily by big guys. It's something people have somehow forgotten... that and the fear some @sshat parent will sue you for 'hitting' thier child. But most of the time I get thanked by other patrons after the movie. Like this old guy who said he'd've done it if I didn't. Oh, FYI, I only do something if the kid's a real *BLEEP*. Not like I'm smacking a kid for simply munching on his popcorn too loud, lol

I don't like to go to movie theatres so I don't really have a problem with it. Although, why don't I go to the theatres for a flick? Because I like to enjoy movies in peace and quiet. Don't care for excessive noise that occurs in a good comedy or a thriller. I just want to sit there and have my full attention on the screen, not some dude, girl, or child making absurd and excessive noises two rows up.So no, I don't really hate children making noises, only because it's rare that I actually put myself into a situation where I have to put up with it.

Nice outlook Chez.... I agree with most of what you said, actually. The parents need to be forced to go to different movies than other people. At the movies near where I currently am located, they have a special seating for mothers. Every Wednesday morning at 11:00, they play all of the movies for parents and turn the volume down a little for the babies they bring with thme, have bottles and other kids friendly foods at the food stand, and they push the price down, little kids are free so that if the parent has to leave with their child for any reason, it's not as bad to leave. Plus, mothers know that kids will be making noise so it is just common sense not to get worked up over it. The only reason some parents bring their kid to the movies is because they have no babysitter and they still want to see the hotest movies. This solves that problem.

I hate it. When I went to see Harry Potter 3 at the cinema, there were two awful kids constanly screaming, laughing and running in the cinema. Everybody shouted "Shut up" and "Sit down!" they didn't stop and they even shouted at us. I felt really angry against the parents of those kids who let them disturbing people like that. Anyway I get pissed off really often when I'm in the cinema, even a baby crying disturbs, but well I pay 7euros to go there... :) More disturbing than kids is teens because they can talk. I was at the cinema once and they were a group of 4/5 teens talking and talking and talking...about the movie, about their life, their girlfriend and they were throwing popcorns at my face too because I told them -gently to shup the f*** up.

OH MY WORD! i know exactly what you mean! that row of kids ether right at the back or right in the front! They don't stop talking, laughing, playing with their cell phones and also trying to make out! I mean damn do they have to come in to the movies specialy just to do this? They can do all of those things somewhere else where they won't be disturbing other people!!