xisto Community
brautigam

Fahrenheit 451

Yes, it's a great book by a very famous American author called Ray Bradbury. The book has also been made into a movie, years ago. It's shows what can happen in a controlled society that takes away our freedom and the human thirst for knowledge and the true. This is even apparent in our societies today where we are controlled by far to many rules, regulations and laws.If you like this book read his other books, novels and short stories. Ray Bradbury was a very prolific writer with an unlimited imagination. From memory he even hosted his own TV show years ago

Edited by tonyused (see edit history)

I read this book for school. I found it to be very interesting. But one thing that annoyed me was that it seemed the author tried so hard to make this books good. Too hard. All the similies, metaphors, etc, just got so annoying. But, he succeeded and now the book is considered a classic. Which, it deserves to be considered.

Yeah. I definitely consider it one of the best political sci-fi's (perhaps second to 1984? or Animal Farm :)). It's one of my favorite books, as well. Ray Bradbury is a great author, and I like his short stories as well as this "long story." It has become a classic, and wasn't it banned some places? Or maybe that was another book. It's a wonderful and exciting read.

If you liked this one, read Animal Farm by Orwell. And then Brave New World. And then Watership Down.

I remember reading it a long time in middle school and liking it a lot. I think im gonna order it or something because I can hardly remember it. All I remember is that it was a really awesome book. I also look forward to the book called a wrinkle in time, that was another weird/cool book I read in middle school.

Hey I actually just got done reading that book like two weeks ago. It was really well written. Did you know that the book started out as a short story that was half the size and then someone asked him to write the second half of the book and then published it. The version of the book I read had a couple of forwards that Ray wrote and talked about the making of the book. That was very interesting too. Its an amazing book. And he wrote it on typewriters that cost 10 cents an hour. :)