xisto Community
odomike

Dell Laptop Vga Problem

I have a Dell Inspiron 1501 that the screen will not work on. That's not big deal (even though I can't figure out the problem) beacuse I have been using an external monitor on the VGA output on the back.  It was working fine today, then I moved it and turned it back on, and now nothing will display on the external monitor, and all it does is beep whenever I press a key.  Any ideas? I REALLY need this computer to be able to work again. Is there anything that I can press maybe?

Dell Inspiron screen not workingDell Laptop Vga Problem

I had this same problem. Cleaned my computer with canned air front and back and took out the battery made sure all spaces were sprayed booted up and it worked fine.

-reply by Julie

My Laptop displays four sets of desktopDell Laptop Vga Problem

I am having problem in my laptop and it sometimes displays a screen divided by four and each showing all the icons and everything and is able to work a lo the problem is the letter gets too small as if the screen is divided in four.

-question by ritu

Dell Studio 15 Laptop Display nonexistentDell Laptop Vga Problem

I purchased the Dell Studio 15 after deciding the Toshiba 17" laptop display screen was more of  desktop the a portable laptop. Now just a little over a year later, the Studio does not have a working monitor unless you count the external monitor I was able to connect.  This is the 1st Dell I have owned outside of work, and while past experience told me Dells broke too much, I had thought Dells reputation had turned around.

Has anyone found a resolution to the monitor problem and/or a cost effective way repair?

-question by Jackie

dell latitude d600 display driver problem!Dell Laptop Vga Problem

I have re-installed a dell latitude D600.

Everything works fine, all drivers have installed correctly (chipset / audio / wireless etc) until I install the ATI driver (mobility 9000).

the system reboots and upon restart it automatically loads into 640X480 resolution, and when you try and reset the resolution to anything else (800x600 for example) the screen goes black, and reboots with the windows logo showing, then reverting to a black screen. The laptop is still operating as the hard drive light is operational and the sound system still plays system sounds. 

if I reboot in VGA mode via the F8 menu it loads up again in 640x480, but this is the only resolution that is operational, unless I uninstall the ATI software completely. With no driver it works in every resolution, but at a painfully slow pace, and on each boot, it advises me that a VGA compatible display adaptor has been found.

Does anyone know a way to fix this problem?

Thanks 

-question by nick de valda