xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Plenoptic

New Button

Well I decided to get my site back on track and decided I would need a new affiliate button for Xisto so I made a new one which is much better than my last. Here it is, tell me what you think.

Posted Image

What, you couldn't use one of the 18 small buttons Trap 17 has to offer? :) Just kidding. Yours is rather nice if I do say so. I used their purplish one because it matches my site scheme better. :(

What, you couldn't use one of the 18 small buttons Trap 17 has to offer? laugh.gif Just kidding. Yours is rather nice if I do say so. I used their purplish one because it matches my site scheme better. wink.gif

Well I made one before but it was ugly looking and I made that months ago and I like making my own because it makes me feel special :) lol

Well I made one before but it was ugly looking and I made that months ago and I like making my own because it makes me feel special :( lol

Yeh, I know that feeling. :( I especially like the fade in and out effect. What animation program did you use? :)

Well I made the program in Adobe Photoshop and then I used Adobe Image Ready to add in the animation.

good job pleno, as usual! from the looks of it you basicly tool a snippet out of that sig that was given to Saint_Michael, and used that as a background, but it still loks awsome if you didn't! ive never tried to make one...

lol No I made that on my other computer and I had to download new brushes for this computer because I haven't made anything in a while so it is completely new.

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try it out once I get the chance. Thanks for all the feedback guys I appreciate it. It helps me become better.

Well to be honest, it seems a bit mundane. I think that it is pretty boring. Everyone has those fading affiliates buttons, and I think that you should have put more animation work into it. Not that it's atrocious or anything, but you could have out more work into it.I wonder what animation software you use. I am going to assume imageready, although I could be wrong. You should try to spice it up a bit more. When people look at affilates buttons, they take a glance at each one, which averages about 3 seconds on average per button. What people actually click on, is the affiliates buttons that stand out, and catch their eyes. Preferably the prettier ones.You used an ARIAL font with a 1 pixel stroke around it, and a white color to fill the font with. I mean, that is pretty boring if you ask me. Maybe you should try doing something like making text come out of sparkles because sparkles go PERFECT with a blue background. I'll be waiting for your results.

That's a very cute button for trap seventeen. But the size is not common and I wonder where to place in the site. I would rather go for the smallest size banner that we find in Mozilla Firefox browser banners. That size is good to put even in all the pages of any site. However, the bigger the banner the more time it takes to load the page. You've got the skill in making the animation which is pretty impressive but I recommend that the height of the banner to be smaller and width to be a little longer. May be you could design few more so that we can choose as well. Thanks.

That's a very cute button for trap seventeen. But the size is not common and I wonder where to place in the site. I would rather go for the smallest size banner that we find in Mozilla Firefox browser banners. That size is good to put even in all the pages of any site. However, the bigger the banner the more time it takes to load the page.
You've got the skill in making the animation which is pretty impressive but I recommend that the height of the banner to be smaller and width to be a little longer. May be you could design few more so that we can choose as well. Thanks.

These are affiliate buttons to display on a list of affiliates it isn't supposed to be that big, it is a size that Xisto has set for banner making to be used.

arcalypse I am not that advanced in this kind of stuff and it isn't supposed to be professional so yes it isn't that eye catching because I am not that skilled in this kind of area but I thank you for the suggestions and I will take them to heart.