xisto Community
midnitesun

What Happens To A File When You Delete It From Windows ?

what happend to those processes?What Happens To A File When You Delete It From Windows ?

Ok so my computer was being REALLY REALLY REALLY slow. So I hit Ctrl Alt and Delete so I could end the programs that wern't responding. That didn't work out so well. So then I clicked the tab 'Processses' and started to delete the majority of those. Next thing I notice the background has nothing on it. Like, no icons of anything. Did I delete those icons and completely wipe them clean from my computer?!?! If I did,how can I get them back?!?!

-reply by Miyu

Wow.. I never knew that. You can really recover files after deleting them from the recycle bin?

iv'e heard that you have to format your hard drive seven times to completely erase data on a hard drive from ever being found.

what happend to those processes?What Happens To A File When You Delete It From Windows ?<p>Ok so my computer was being REALLY REALLY REALLY slow. So I hit <em>Ctrl Alt</em> and<em> Delete</em> so I could end the programs that wern't responding. That didn't work out so well. So then I clicked the tab '<em>Processses</em>' and started to delete the majority of those. Next thing I notice the background has nothing on it. Like, no icons of anything. Did I delete those icons and completely wipe them clean from my computer?!?! If I did,how can I get them back?!?!</p>-reply by Miyu

You probably stopped the process "Explorer.exe" which has somthing to do with your desktop, i did that once and it went blank but it was fine after i restarted my computer. You files should of returned but never do that again cos half of those are needed to run your computer normally.

well, the concept is this that when you delete a file and erase the recycle bin its traces are left on the "harddisk clusters" and those traces are used by recovery softwares to recover the files. Now, if some data get written on those clusters then the file recovery software can get the data for you however, it may not be hundred percent correct..it may be corrupt file too!
Things get more and more technical with file recovery and how data acts on the harddisk and the harddisk functioning and all...so, if you actually want to know it then I'll suggest you do Google it :)

My question is if the files are hidden or present somewhere in hard disk it'll occupy the space of hard disk. bt practically if the files are deleted there'll be the increased space in hard disk. what may be the reason???