xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
AlternativeNick

A Few Things phpbb question as well as .zip question

First of all, I was wondering how i could go about creating a log-in section, and using the phpbb logins (forum names and passwords) and making it protect a certain area of my site, as i would hate to have 2 different logins for the forum and the site... basically, im looking for something that allows you to log into the forum without going to the forum, and when ur logged in on the forum, it also allows you to go to a different area, outside of the forum.Secondly, is it possible to create a .zip file with php directly on the hosting server?

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Ok well first of all you can use this tutorial to help you log into a page that is protected. After you copy and paste the code look for this part.

echo "You are now logged in as ".$_SESSION['username']."<br><a href=/index.php?".$s_name."=".$s_id.">Return Home</a>.";
?>

After you find that just change that link in there to the protected page you would like to take them to.

As for zipping files on a hosted server I don't know how you would do that. I am not sure if it is possible. You can download them all onto a folder in your computer and then zip them and upload again but that would be time consuming.

cheers im going to have a read of this and see if ic an integrate my site into this sum how maybe in one way or another!!!, any ways thanks for the link and im nowing goignt o read it and see if i can incorperate this into my site, if i get time i will post back here with a link to my site with a working version and then you can all have a look at it, thats if iu ahve time and if i can get it to work, although once again thanks for the link adn i hope that this will be of help to others and plenotonic not just me,lol yeah so wish me luck im goign to go and give it a little whizz now and see where we cna go from there!!!, HOPE this works cus this could be very very veyr useful to me!!! thanks and im goign to say it agian thansk for the link and i hope it works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol Anytime. If you ever need help with php and what not there are tons of tutorials at http://www.pixel2life.com/ This is a place where you can learn about many programs for the computer and web coding so check that out. That is where I found the tutorial. Good luck and I hope it works.

After searching google, I found this code] creates a zip file and prepares it for download. It you tweak it a bit I'm sure you can make it so that it stores the file and doesn't prepare it for download:

if(ini_get('zlib.output_compression')) {
ini_set('zlib.output_compression', 'Off');
}

// Security checks
if( $archiveName == "" ) {
echo "<html><title>Public Photo Directory - Download </title><body><BR><B>ERROR linenums:0'><?php/** * Class to dynamically create a zip file (archive) * * @author Rochak Chauhan */class createZip { public $compressedData = array(); public $centralDirectory = array(); // central directory public $endOfCentralDirectory = "\x50\x4b\x05\x06\x00\x00\x00\x00"; //end of Central directory record public $oldOffset = 0; /** * Function to create the directory where the file(s) will be unzipped * * @param $directoryName string * */ public function addDirectory($directoryName) { $directoryName = str_replace("\\", "/", $directoryName); $feedArrayRow = "\x50\x4b\x03\x04"; $feedArrayRow .= "\x0a\x00"; $feedArrayRow .= "\x00\x00"; $feedArrayRow .= "\x00\x00"; $feedArrayRow .= "\x00\x00\x00\x00"; $feedArrayRow .= pack("V",0); $feedArrayRow .= pack("V",0); $feedArrayRow .= pack("V",0); $feedArrayRow .= pack("v", strlen($directoryName) ); $feedArrayRow .= pack("v", 0 ); $feedArrayRow .= $directoryName; $feedArrayRow .= pack("V",0); $feedArrayRow .= pack("V",0); $feedArrayRow .= pack("V",0); $this -> compressedData[] = $feedArrayRow; $newOffset = strlen(implode("", $this->compressedData)); $addCentralRecord = "\x50\x4b\x01\x02"; $addCentralRecord .="\x00\x00"; $addCentralRecord .="\x0a\x00"; $addCentralRecord .="\x00\x00"; $addCentralRecord .="\x00\x00"; $addCentralRecord .="\x00\x00\x00\x00"; $addCentralRecord .= pack("V",0); $addCentralRecord .= pack("V",0); $addCentralRecord .= pack("V",0); $addCentralRecord .= pack("v", strlen($directoryName) ); $addCentralRecord .= pack("v", 0 ); $addCentralRecord .= pack("v", 0 ); $addCentralRecord .= pack("v", 0 ); $addCentralRecord .= pack("v", 0 ); $ext = "\x00\x00\x10\x00"; $ext = "\xff\xff\xff\xff"; $addCentralRecord .= pack("V", 16 ); $addCentralRecord .= pack("V", $this -> oldOffset ); $this -> oldOffset = $newOffset; $addCentralRecord .= $directoryName; $this -> centralDirectory[] = $addCentralRecord; } /** * Function to add file(s) to the specified directory in the archive * * @param $directoryName string * */ public function addFile($data, $directoryName) { $directoryName = str_replace("\\", "/", $directoryName); $feedArrayRow = "\x50\x4b\x03\x04"; $feedArrayRow .= "\x14\x00"; $feedArrayRow .= "\x00\x00"; $feedArrayRow .= "\x08\x00"; $feedArrayRow .= "\x00\x00\x00\x00"; $uncompressedLength = strlen($data); $compression = crc32($data); $gzCompressedData = gzcompress($data); $gzCompressedData = substr( substr($gzCompressedData, 0, strlen($gzCompressedData) - 4), 2); $compressedLength = strlen($gzCompressedData); $feedArrayRow .= pack("V",$compression); $feedArrayRow .= pack("V",$compressedLength); $feedArrayRow .= pack("V",$uncompressedLength); $feedArrayRow .= pack("v", strlen($directoryName) ); $feedArrayRow .= pack("v", 0 ); $feedArrayRow .= $directoryName; $feedArrayRow .= $gzCompressedData; $feedArrayRow .= pack("V",$compression); $feedArrayRow .= pack("V",$compressedLength); $feedArrayRow .= pack("V",$uncompressedLength); $this -> compressedData[] = $feedArrayRow; $newOffset = strlen(implode("", $this->compressedData)); $addCentralRecord = "\x50\x4b\x01\x02"; $addCentralRecord .="\x00\x00"; $addCentralRecord .="\x14\x00"; $addCentralRecord .="\x00\x00"; $addCentralRecord .="\x08\x00"; $addCentralRecord .="\x00\x00\x00\x00"; $addCentralRecord .= pack("V",$compression); $addCentralRecord .= pack("V",$compressedLength); $addCentralRecord .= pack("V",$uncompressedLength); $addCentralRecord .= pack("v", strlen($directoryName) ); $addCentralRecord .= pack("v", 0 ); $addCentralRecord .= pack("v", 0 ); $addCentralRecord .= pack("v", 0 ); $addCentralRecord .= pack("v", 0 ); $addCentralRecord .= pack("V", 32 ); $addCentralRecord .= pack("V", $this -> oldOffset ); $this -> oldOffset = $newOffset; $addCentralRecord .= $directoryName; $this -> centralDirectory[] = $addCentralRecord; } /** * Fucntion to return the zip file * * @return zipfile (archive) */ public function getZippedfile() { $data = implode("", $this -> compressedData); $controlDirectory = implode("", $this -> centralDirectory); return $data. $controlDirectory. $this -> endOfCentralDirectory. pack("v", sizeof($this -> centralDirectory)). pack("v", sizeof($this -> centralDirectory)). pack("V", strlen($controlDirectory)). pack("V", strlen($data)). "\x00\x00"; } /** * * Function to force the download of the archive as soon as it is created * * @param archiveName string - name of the created archive file */ public function forceDownload($archiveName) { $headerInfo = ''; if(ini_get('zlib.output_compression')) { ini_set('zlib.output_compression', 'Off'); } // Security checks if( $archiveName == "" ) { echo "<html><title>Public Photo Directory - Download </title><body><BR><B>ERROR:</B> The download file was NOT SPECIFIED.</body></html>"; exit; } elseif ( ! file_exists( $archiveName ) ) { echo "<html><title>Public Photo Directory - Download </title><body><BR><B>ERROR:</B> File not found.</body></html>"; exit; } header("Pragma: public"); header("Expires: 0"); header("Cache-Control: must-revalidate, post-check=0, pre-check=0"); header("Cache-Control: private",false); header("Content-Type: application/zip"); header("Content-Disposition: attachment; filename=".basename($archiveName).";" ); header("Content-Transfer-Encoding: binary"); header("Content-Length: ".filesize($archiveName)); readfile("$archiveName"); }}?>