xisto Community
schwa

Rumor Of Ms Paint 2

some basic changes and modifications here and tehre might be nice. say, layers and anti-aliasing brush strokes. but nothing overboard, paint is there as a simple image manipulator. anymore and it wont be paint anymore. there are other programs out there which are used for advanced editing, if microsoft were to make some top of the line image manipulator they will be crushed by the industry standards such as adobe photoshop. it will be a waste of time and money.

Any more functionality to Ms Paint would be a plus for me. Considering how standard and basic the program is you can sort of do fun stuff with it. Then sometimes it easier to work with it than the high top branded software like Paintshop or Photoshop or maybe even THE GIMP. Not too showy and stuff would be okay. ALthought it would be nice if they added layer support but that's never gonna happen. lol. Atleast not in my time.
If it does happen I wouldn't be surprised though.

Why do they even put paint on windows? I use the calculator more then paint. To me Paint is a waste of space. Why use up the space with something that is horrible. If they made it even 1/2 as good as photoshop and fireworks i would use it.

I just used today and i just copied a screenshot of a video i made for my site http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and it saved the picture as XXXX.JPG when it should be XXXX.jpg. I did't catch it at first and i uploaded the new webpage with that pic and the pic wouldnt show in any browser and it took me forever to figure out it saves them in .JPG instead of .jpg.

It's the little stuff like that, that makes me never want to use it. The only plus i can find is that it takes no time to start up. That's why i like the new internet explorer 7 because it has all the features of firefox, but takes no time to start up.

That would be really cool if you could have all the features of Paint Shop Pro on paint. I think in my opinion that paint will be a little better than the last versions just because of all the new stuff they are putting on Windows Vista. I think they have some amazing stuff planned for this new Operating system that will take us all by surprise.

some basic changes and modifications here and tehre might be nice. say, layers and anti-aliasing brush strokes. but nothing overboard, paint is there as a simple image manipulator. anymore and it wont be paint anymore. there are other programs out there which are used for advanced editing, if microsoft were to make some top of the line image manipulator they will be crushed by the industry standards such as adobe photoshop. it will be a waste of time and money.

Basically the exact same thing that paint.NET is.

It hasn't changed much for quite a few years.

They haven't realeased a windows version in quite a few years. Paint in XP has changed in that it supports more than just the .BMP format.

I definately like the original paint. I had lots of fun with it. I have seen that Paint is growing as a program but I would actually like to see it grow even further. Its a fun little program when you are first learning to make and edit graphics but because of it simplicity playing in it does not last long cause there is a ton of stuff that it does not do. I have always liiked paint but as I learned more advanced techniques for graphical design I had to move up in the world and in my graphical design tools. I still try to play with paint every so often but I kind of get bored with it. LOL

I have actually heard this rumor too, but to be honest, I think that Photoshop owns all other digital art software, but then again if Paint2 is default with the new Windows Vista, it could bring some improvements for default programs on the computers that run on Windows.

well, a new version of paint wouldn't hurt :)i mean, the main reason i've always hated paint is the lack to take back steps and the lack of LAYERS!But with adding layers the complication of the program goes up, and the type of casual user who use paint might be put off and scared by it.. . . . . i mean, paint is NEVER goign to become a serious graphics program, so they do they really need to update it alot?People who seriosuly want to create graphics, edit etc, will use proffesional programs etc.And now-a-days most scanners and other digital photo related products come with free photo editting graphics programs.

I?m not sure about this. Seriously, I don?t mind. I can?t remember myself using paint so a few more functions would not change too much this fact. And I suppose they?re not going to beat photoshop so I don?t know. Maybe if they did some kind of website-oriented-Paint with basic and quick functions, it will be good.