xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
kingbling

Dreamweaver Mx 2004: A Q&a Topic By Sean Mallon Post Questions on How to Use Dreamweaver MX 2004

Seeing there is a lack of good sources for information these days I'll begin with a quick introduction...

Dreamweaver (v1.0 - v8.0, MX and MX 2004) was programed, developed and compiled by Macromedia (now part of Adobe Systems Inc.).

This is a very good program and I highly recomend you spend some denero and get this program.

It's a WYSIWYG editor. The acronym menas What You See Is What You Get.

Some of the features of Dreamweaver MX 2004 include:

The ability to view the contents in WYSIWYG and HTML formats.

Multi-Language (ASP, XHTML, ASP.NET ect...)

The ability to program and test over many difrent browsers.

And Much, Much More...

==========

This is how it's going to work:

If you have any questions please, by all means, post the question(s) and I'll try to answer them as soon as possible and as throughly as possible. I'll try to put them in laymans terms (plain english) so that you can understand the answers.

I hope that I can help you in any way possible.

Edited by kingbling (see edit history)

I have Dreamweaver 8. It really is a great program. I bought it cheat because I am a student and I found a great web site. If you teach, are part of faculty or are a student you can purchase this program at http://www.genesis-technologies.com/ In fact you can buy a lot of programs for cheap there. I suggest that you do in fact use this program as well. It is very helpful especially when typing a code because it has autocomplete and can finish something you are trying to type for you. I can also try to help with anyone who has questions

I got Dreamweaver from a friend of my dad's who burned a copy of it for me. Yes, it is a very good program to use. I will be using it on my site if I am accepted for hosting. I also recommend it for anybody who is interested in coding their own sites or what not.

I recommend Dreamweaver for anyone who's learning but do NOT get carried away with it. It's very easy to. The template system makes it so easy to save pages and make pages, etc. I believe I first learned CSS through Dreamweaver, so that was pretty cool, but I had to wean myself off of it to learn the rest of the complicated things I've tried to learn. True, it's a bit harder going through my FTP editor or going through notepad, but it's a bit more accomplishing for me to make it myself than to worry about drag and drop creation :)

How can I design a page in dreamweaver that looks like yellow legal rule paper ?

Dreamweaver Mx 2004: A Q&a Topic By Sean Mallon

I'm making a little ad on a page in dreamweaver: I want it to look like it is hand written on yellow legal rule paper. I don't know where to start. Anyone know how to or even where I could get a tutorial?

-reply by vanessa Chavez