xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
galexcd

Microsoft Office Live PHP?

Hey, microsoft is now giving away free domain names, and free hosting at microsoft office live.... I'm thinking about it, but i just want to know... does it support PHP? Can anyone who has ordered it tell me?Thanks! :)

Hey, microsoft is now giving away free domain names, and free hosting at microsoft office live.... I'm thinking about it, but i just want to know... does it support PHP? Can anyone who has ordered it tell me?
Thanks! :)

Micro$oft is offering an ea$y way for small businesses to make a web site. Now let's remember that even if you don't code in PHP, it's not a really easy way to make a website. And don't forget the fact that Micro$oft wants everything to be ea$y! (I'm sorry, I had to do that.) I'm sure that their web site templates aren't that bad, so if you really want their hosting, go for it, but don't expect much.

I just can't help getting that feeling that there is some catch behind those "free domains and hosting"... I suppose maybe pages that aren't made with Office, won't be viewable, or they'll check for some serial numbers, accessing your private information... Who knows...Xisto is definitely the best hosting option that exists currently... And I mean, exist in the whole world... I've been a member here for a very long time, and I can say that in all this time, their uptime was about 99.8% (0.01% only MySQL was down, and 0.01% server was unreachable)... Many paid hosts can't meet this uptime, let alone free hosting...My advice would be: get as far from Micro$oft as you can, and don't look back :) I don't think anyone here has ordered that hosting, if they are hosted at Trap...

This sounds intresting, but I wouldn't trust Microsoft with my site. Call me paranoid, but I feel that the less control placed in the hands of big industry, the better.Does anybody have a link to this offer so that I can fully check it out?