xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Goosestaf

Depression

Try smiling. It helps everything. Either that or if you have friends[lol] talk to them, tell them how you feel, most of the time if they have heart, they'll make you feel better. Most of the time it works. But i can't guarantee it.

i also get my waves of depression and feeling hopeless with life. At least you finished school, I haven't even done that.Things that could help are excersise, go to a gym or try working out at home. Excersise is the most effective natural cure for minor depression. Or join a martial arts program, something with impact to get your heart moving and push the blood through you veins, that will awaken your brain and mind producing endorphins which are very positive on the human spirit. Any time I start feeling depressed or low, I get up, and do pull-ups or push ups, or go out and jog. or even head to the gym if I feel there is time for that. Try to avoid sitting around your room alone. Go to a crowded place like a mall. Or go to a bookstore and find a book on a subject you enjoy and start reading for inspiration. Looking for a job is tough as well, especially here in LA. So don't let the rejection get you down. I have a job, but it doesn't pay well, so I'm out looking for something better as well. But try to approach is positively. If you get declined a job, just say "it wasn't meant to be" and move forward. well, hope this helps. take care and good luck.

Hey,Speaking about depression...I have had depression for a very long time now, I think was 12 or 13 and am still have it. I had depression due to a crappy childhood where I was neglected and blamed for everything that happened. It started eating me up as I had very less friends because they stayed far so I turned antisocial just sending each and everyday reading books, gardening with my grandfather and watching some T.v. It also did not help that I could not trust people at all and would always push them away mentally as I was scared of being hurt and betrayed.It had gone to a very critical level when I could not stop thinking about death and I would cry everyday. But then I started reading even more so I guess at the beginning my depression was being cured by my books and the fact that I could trust them in an odd way. I have always been a loner who loved my books and animals more than humans. I at one one point had turned into a misanthrope but then realized in the next few months or so that negativity actually can harm so I took out the word hate out of my dictionary completely and even today if I say that I hate something/somebody I know that It was just an outburst of emotions and I did not mean it.Nowadays thanks to my partner and Xisto I am slowly getting over my depression coz I keep myself busy all the time so that I have no time to think or complain. I learn the trick was to take things as they come and not let them affect you even if it is a very painful thing. I laugh a lot and am always smiling, The weirdest thing is that sometimes I can wake up and would want to get out but then suddenly I would not wish to..even if I am healthy and the weather is perfect. It is a part of me where I do not wish to be social and live in my own shell even if it i smothering me

I've suffered from depression for a little over 2.5 years now...and since starting the medication (Zoloft - sertraline), I've improved tenfold - not only with my depression, but anxiety and confidence and just my general personality! If you need help, don't be afraid to ask for it! (I'm a psych major, what can I say!? lol)

Ive been suffering from depressions for about 2 years now. Ever since a girl left me for someone else.Since then ive found it hard to be friends with people around me, instead i shut myself off and do all my talking online.It's wierd though, the way i trust random people ive never met more than people ive known for years that are close to me.But luckily for me i have managed to get a job and its kept my mind off things for a while, still feel suicidal sometimes. Specially today for some reason...I found that talking to a counsellor helped alot, but now ive gotten even worse than before the counsellor.Tis a vicious circle...

Alright now you guys are talking about depression as a common state which everyone passes through, but it actually isn't. Depression is one of the worst psychological diseases. It might lead to many terrible consequences such as murder, suicide... etc. Just wanted to make that clear.

does anyone here suffer from depression?if so, here is a thread to talk about experiences and how you personally deal with it. . . .

i'm currently quite depressed and fed up.
i'm home from university, a way a way from all the friends i have their.
i've lsot touch with most my friends where i am now, and and am also suffering from a lack of self-confidence, which means i find it hard to even contact/ go out with what friend s ido have here, because i'm not that close to them.
i need to find a job. . .have been seraching for 3 weeks with no effect, so im unemployed . . .
As i have nothign to do, i find it hard to gain isnpiration to do anything creaitve, or basic motivation.
. . . . and like i have throughout my life this causes me to judge my personailty and self . . . and focus on the negative. which in turn makes me feel worse.. . . . .

i hate my mind.

Here you are not talking about depression, you're talking about "loneliness". That's what I would call it. And actually I've been in such situation so often before. I have many friends but I'm not a very outgoing person, I spend most of my time on the internet at home. But on weekends I go out on dates or with my friends, so it cheers me up a little bit. And well I'm also kinda frustrated like you are since I have just graduated from high school and my grades are actually good but the problem is that I'm living in a stupid country where everything is expensive... including universities. So it's really hard for me to find a good collage which I can afford. So that's keeping me down these days. But hopefully I'll have this sorted out and complete my education. But unlike you, I have full confidence in myself and my potentials, I have a bright picture about my future in my head and I know how to achieve it (once I find a good collage though lol). And well, my advice to you is that you should go visit your family and friends whenever you get the chance, and try making new friends where you live right now. Living alone is pretty much hard, since humans are social creatures in nature, and you can't change that. Good luck man, I hope things will get better for you :D

well idk but i believe i've been depressed. growing up was hard for me. my brother and dad fought alot and i cried because i loved them both so much. i saw things and had things happen that left a scar on my heart. i became insecure and couldnt trust anyone. no one seemed to notice as this all happened. i lost intrest in everything i did as i got older. i use to draw, then i stopped. i use to want to be in dance then i gave up on it. i use to do all these things that i loved and i just gav eup. i isolated myself and my parents noticed that too but didnt think anything of it. then i met this guy. he's amazing. i met him online and he and i talked and he made me realize many things. he helped me realize life really isnt as bad as i make it out to be. well we've met now. hes gorgeous lol and i relaly like him. but i appriecate what hes done for me. he helped me through my rough times. he talked me through it and i realized many things. i realized, that for once in my life...someone cared. lately i've been depressed though and i cant talk to him about that kinda stuff anymore. i'm depressed. not as bad as last time though. it was horrible i went all suiciddal and stuff. i was stupid. and latly i've been poppin pills just to help me sleep and my stomachs been actin up and friends are not who they seem they really are...my best friends...disappoint me. the guy i like that one who changed my life. i miss him. my dad hes just treating me like my brother. he calls me worthless. that he doesnt need me. he wants me to be a somebody. not a nobody. i feel like i dont deserve my mom. like she deserves much more than how i treat her. i've made her cry and feel bad before and i've cried myself to sleep regretting it. i've seen how my dad makes he feel with their arguements and seeing her cry makes me feel heartbroken. she deserves alot more especailly a better daughter than what i am. sometimes i feel like i need someone to listen to me. listen to what i have to say for once. but i dont think thats ever gonna happen :/

Hey ,

I read your thread, sad to hear that you are going through a trauma. What i see is that, currently

you are having lot of time for yourself and you are not able to utilize the same in an efficient

manner and this is leading to depression. Why not do something ? We have a group which supports

people suffering from Bipolar Disorder, over there we help people who are suffering from Bipolar and

their family members as well.... Depression is also a part of Bipolar so by joining this group you can

benefit in two ways, you can utilize your time in helping people and the other would be to gain

understanding about ways of getting out of depression.

Bipolar Support Group

does anyone here suffer from depression?if so, here is a thread to talk about experiences and how you personally deal with it. . . .

i've lsot touch with most my friends where i am now, and and am also suffering from a lack of self-confidence, which means i find it hard to even contact/ go out with what friend s ido have here, because i'm not that close to them.
i need to find a job. . .have been seraching for 3 weeks with no effect, so im unemployed . . .
As i have nothign to do, i find it hard to gain isnpiration to do anything creaitve, or basic motivation.
. . . . and like i have throughout my life this causes me to judge my personailty and self . . . and focus on the negative. which in turn makes me feel worse.. . . . .

i hate my mind.

I used to suffer from these kind of feelings years ago, and trust me on this, it will pass. You are going through a time in your life i guess which is very hard, and the trouble with depression it gets hold of you and makes you not want to do anything, which of course makes it worse. It can make you feel outside of life and so very isolated. You have to remember though that there are always people that care about you, and you should always try your best to find someone to talk to. Go easy on yourself too, remember that the thing about depression is, it makes things seem a lot worse than they really are, it make you lie to yourself telling you how things are always worse than they really are. you really must try to talk to someone, and to take easy steps. i always found going out for walks helps, not busy places, but somewhere you can be outside, and corny as it sounds, feel the wind on your face, or the sun, depending what the weather is like where you live. Take deep breaths and try to listen to your thoughts, you may hear them telling you bad things, like this is rubbish that is no good etc, but as soon as you hear those things in your mind, you have to say STOP!!! to yourself. half the battle in depression is to be able to control your bad thoughts and replace them with good
Edited by wingman23 (see edit history)

i hate my mind.

Depression is a dangerous cyclic process if you do not take proper care! It will involve you in a trap of mental sufferings. It will eventually affect each and everything in your life. So it is better you start devoting your time doing something else and get away with it as early as possible.
Do not worry about your closeness with some of your friends, try to self realize the situation and focussing your mind on some thing creative. If you indulge yourself in your studies, it might help, start meditating and leave the painful past behind, that is the best option you have now.
Hope you will get over all this.

i think that this period in my life qualifies as the 4th long depression period i've had in my 27 years of existence. i've been on fluoxetin before and i think i should go see a doctor again, i dont just feel bad, this time im concerned about my health and my hability to pull myself out of this one, i ask myself if this is part of my personality now, and if my achievements so far counts for anything if lately i've been a zero, and oh so many restrictions i put on myself when i'm depressed! right now i can sit on my computer to type, but i've had some days i couldnt even shampoo my hair or answer the phone!

..here are some other tips on how to deal depression

Getting the support you need plays a big role in lifting the fog of depression and keeping it away. On your own, it can be difficult to maintain perspective and sustain the effort required to beat depression. But the very nature of depression makes it difficult to reach out for help. However, isolation and loneliness make depression even worse, so maintaining your close relationships and social activities are important.

The thought of reaching out to even close family members and friends can seem overwhelming. You may feel ashamed, too exhausted to talk, or guilty for neglecting the relationship. Remind yourself that this is the depression talking. You loved ones care about you and want to help.

Turn to trusted friends and family members. Share what you?re going through with the people you love and trust. Ask for the help and support you need. You may have retreated from your most treasured relationships, but they can get you through this tough time.

Try to keep up with social activities even if you don?t feel like it. When you?re depressed, it feels more comfortable to retreat into your shell. But being around other people will make you feel less depressed.

Join a support group for depression. Being with others who are dealing with depression can go a long way in reducing your sense of isolation. You can also encourage each other, give and receive advice on how to cope, and share your experiences. To locate a depression support group in your area, use the Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance's

-

Lowest Price Medications