xisto Community
Albus Dumbledore

My Rant About Godaddy.com's Poor Support And Offers

Ok, well recently i attempted to try and do this offer that godaddy.ocom and buy.com had, and it was:

If you buy somthing from buy.com, when you proceed to checkout you can redeme a coupon that will get you a domain at godaddy.com...this was posted on a forum somewhere here on Xisto..

I went and bought a song last night, thinking i would get the coupon code to enter on godaddy.com to get the free domain, nope i didn't.... its been a day now and i still dont have it..... and the offer is going to be up on the 15th (tomorrow)...i was afraid that if i did not get the promotional code before tomorrow that i wouldn't be able to get the basicly free domain...so i decided to contact go daddy.com and ask them if i would still be able to use it...

they said no, i asked why not...lol and why they couldn't extend it a few extra days, and they said they just couldn't and that they were sorry i was so slow on getting in on the offer but it would just bbe too late....

then i asked them if i could just give them my reciept number or my order number, and get the promotional code that way, and they said no... so im sitting here all steamed up and pissed off and ready to punch a hole in the wall...lol so i e-mail them back asnd ask to speak to a manager, and maybe i can get a faster answer to them... i also pointed out that i have e-mailed three different time and gotten no luck from them... they e-mailed me back with a no....but you can e-mail us your information and your question and we will try to help you the best we can...

now im really steamed...it seems the only answer i am going to get from them is NO

so if i dont get the promotional code from buy.com, i am going to call up godaddy.com and ask to speak toa manager and give him my disatisfaction...also drop them an e-mail with my disatisfaction and in the end to tell them to shove it and i will be sure to refer NOONE there and refer them somewhere else....becaus eobviously they are not interested in the community, but are more interested in making money....expecially if the only answer i will get from them is NO

so if i dont get the promotional code from buy.com, i am going to call up godaddy.com and ask to speak toa manager and give him my disatisfaction...also drop them an e-mail with my disatisfaction and in the end to tell them to shove it and i will be sure to refer NOONE there and refer them somewhere else....becaus eobviously they are not interested in the community, but are more interested in making money....expecially if the only answer i will get from them is NO

you need to slow down their bud and read my response in the other thread you posted your disatisfaction with godaddy... http://forums.xisto.com/topic/36992-godaddycom/

you didn't enter in to ANY agreement or purchase with godaddy so why are you jumping the gun assuming it's their fault? you don't know the agreement between buy.com or godaddy. i know it's a let down but why buy godaddy when it's clearly buy.com's mistake. THEY are the ones not to be trusted. THEY are the ones that made you believe you would get a free domain, not godaddy.com.

i can understand your frustration, disappointment and even anger, but i think you are directing it at the wrong people, bud.

I've never even liked GoDaddy in the first place. From my personal experience from having a few domains registered with them, I can say they're not as good as they claim to be. Look around before you go for it is all that I can say. There are better ones out there. Even from what was said by others in this thread, I'm still not convinced. A couple I use are alot better, but it is good to go to one like GoDaddy to make sure they won't suddenly shut down and jump out with your domain name as some scam ones do.

Sounds bad. The least they could do is talk to you... Maybe tell WHY the answer is no. That sounds just like something that would happen to me in the way of luck. I hope you get something worked out with them... Best of luck!

you didn't enter in to ANY agreement or purchase with godaddy so why are you jumping the gun assuming it's their fault? you don't know the agreement between buy.com or godaddy. i know it's a let down but why buy godaddy when it's clearly buy.com's mistake. THEY are the ones not to be trusted. THEY are the ones that made you believe you would get a free domain, not godaddy.com.

i was wondering the exact same thing, if you went to mcdonalds and there was an offer where you buy some food and you get a coupon for a free coke, would you go and abuse coke because you didn't get a coupon?

I went and bought a domain name for 5.99 from 1and1.com instead. Even came with 5 free .info domains. smile.gif

yeah, ive learned my lesson, and its that godaddy sucks, and 1and1 is better, their whole interface for managing Domains is totaly better than godaddy.com

i finally got a manager for godaddy.com and one from buy.com on a three way call and we talked about it told them my disatisfaction and told them to take their services and shove it (litterally said that) then they said no stop, and gave me the promo code...

but recently, we descovered that somthing that was wrong with godaddy was making it to where some people could view the site at times, and other times, they couldn't so i switched it to 1and1, the odd thing is, 1and1 said it would cost the price for a normal domain, but they havent charged me yet, and the transaction is fully drawn through :)