xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaineFishing45

Userbar - Created For A Company...

This is my first userbar, and PhotoShop CS2 creation? Not bad I would say and stuff. I just need to make some for Xisto and Forumize now. A guy at another hosting company asked me to make some, since I thought I would try GFX out.

I don't think they are that bad, for a first userbar. But comments please...

Posted Image

Well I think the scanlines are WAY to noticable. Try lowering the opacity. And the text needs to be blended. Other then that it looks great.

I agree with KuBi, the lines are way too visible! what you could also do is add a clipping mask to the lines and have a gradient from the bottom (white to transparent).I think that it will look better if the bevel on the bar is removed. But, for a first userbar its looking good :rolleyes:. I really like the forumize bar in your sig, try making the puffin one similar to that (use it as a guide :lol:)-Paul

I agree with KuBi, the lines are way too visible! what you could also do is add a clipping mask to the lines and have a gradient from the bottom (white to transparent).
I think that it will look better if the bevel on the bar is removed. But, for a first userbar its looking good :rolleyes:. I really like the forumize bar in your sig, try making the puffin one similar to that (use it as a guide :lol:)

-Paul

Really cool bars Maine, good work!!! One small suggesstion, usually wider bars with rounded edges look much better and the words in the bars should be thick...like real juicy...lol......

nice job but there are a few areas whcih you need to cahnge and ajust, basically as others have said you need to lower the opacity of the scanlines and then you need to add an overlay of a eclippsie shape in white with a lower opactiy to give it a 3d effect and get rid of the bevel border thing!

oww yeah umm well i got a little annoyed with the thigns wrong with it, and ive never done a userbar before but well i amed one so here it is is this any better?

there it be:Posted Image

and another:Posted Image

well u just need to put ur logo ontop or wateva ok hope this has helped out a bit

if anyone else needs one pm or ill make the others you where talking about if you want?? any ways hope this has helped?

Nice userbar! I'd like to mirror the suggestions of the past posters and additionally request that you make a tutorial on userbar creation.I've always wanted to use Photoshop for something cool (like creating a user bar) but have never had a real purpose or the slightest idea where to start.

there it be:Posted Image

and another:Posted Image

Well your userbars are sorta nice, the shape and size of them. But you need to make them a little darker or more shiny, like a background font to them and stuff. Secondly, you should use a pixel, font for best results.

Nice userbar! I'd like to mirror the suggestions of the past posters and additionally request that you make a tutorial on userbar creation.

I've always wanted to use Photoshop for something cool (like creating a user bar) but have never had a real purpose or the slightest idea where to start.

I can do that, just give me till the end of the week, so I can make something good. Now I just have to modify the other userbars and make some adjustments. I will also include the fonts and maybe the .PSD if you want some learning rights or anything. :rolleyes: