xisto Community
heavensounds

Why Am I Born Here? Reasons for not being born somewhere else

Wow, this thread is at the fore front of existential philosophy, with an undertone of globalisation and development. I genuinely don't think there is any particular reason that anyone is born anywhere. Circumstances are what you make of them. Did Nelson Mandela and Ghandi sit back and moan that they had not been born into all Western Consumer Capitalism had to offer? Of course not, but they set about changing the circumstances they were subjected to, and not just for themselves, but for all their countrymen too.We in the Western world realise that consumer capitalism is dependent on the exploitation of third world countries, and we are deeply saddened by this. However, we are more saddened when our new t-shirt costs double the price, because it wasn't made in a sweat shop. The West take for granted what the developing would savour and appreciate.Instead of complaining about the lucky circumstances you were born into, set about trying to change the circumstances, either directly through helping developing countries, or through the hearts and minds of those in the West.

I'm sure every person on this planet might have thought of this question at least once in their lives. Then depending on the person, the patriotism in them kicks out and most of them feel proud that they were born in that particular country. But there might still be a lot of people who wish that they were born in another country. They must realize that it's too late! :P

If anyone asks themselves this question, the answer lies either in spirituality or probability! Either way, one has to delve delve deep into these sciences to find the answer. But it is highly doubtful if anyone can truly find the answer by following either method. Rather than that, it would be best if one learns to be content at all times and try to do the best with their lives.

Did Nelson Mandela and Ghandi sit back and moan that they had not been born into all Western Consumer Capitalism had to offer? Of course not, but they set about changing the circumstances they were subjected to, and not just for themselves, but for all their countrymen too.

That's a really good point (although it's 'Gandhi' and not 'Ghandi' :P ) If one awakens such feelings as these great personalities did, then they will truly feel as if they have put their lives to some good use ;)

The REAL question isn't "Why am I born here?"But "Why am I born?"TO born or not to born, that is the question... hahahahahahahahahaha.Anyway, back to the topic.I don't think there is a reason of why we were born the place where we were born. It's just chance. It's just a coincidence that we are even alive, I think. I mean, why do WE have a conscience that we can think? Shouldn't somebody else have this chance to be able to think, feel and express their emotions? Do inanimate objects even have emotions? They can't see, feel, or express themselves, I don't think they can even think. Well, what makes US able to see, feel and express ourselves? Why are we even here? And Why are we where we are today? This questions is even deeper than the initial "Why were we born the place we were born?" Because it dwells into the mysteries of life. Of what makes life, well... life! Just typing this I feel lucky to be alive, to have a chance to experience what being alive means.Isn't it weird? I mean, human beings, US, spend so much time want and trying to make life from metal. Robots are created to be able to imitate humans, robots are programmed to act like humans, and to be able to express human emotions (sad, happy, angry, etc...) and are able to communicate with them. But what we don't realize is that we ARE creating life. With our sexual reproduction organs we create near similar replicas of ourselves, we make life. But what and who exactly is the life and soul that we have stuff this inanimate object (in this case the human body) when we give birth to new life? Why am I here?What would happen if I was not born? Will I remain forever not able to be alive, not even know that I exist? Do I even exist? We don't even know that. This can all be a dream. Everything. Happiness, Pain, everything that we experience. How do you know who you are?This is so hard, it's getting me SO confused... I really don't know where my trail of thought is taking me. So, why am I born the place I am born? Let me just forget my previous question of why we are born in the first place and answer this one. Well, I don't really know, to tell you the truth. Why? Yeah... why? This is a very good question.IS life just like a line? Is it just like a line up thing? And that if someone decides not to give birth, you will just get transferred into the body of the next new born baby that will be born? Are we just waiting one by one waiting to inhabit the baby body that is next in line to being born? But that means that we will have to have a life before that, meaning that if this theory is the be put in place, then there HAS to be reincarnation.But let's say that there is no line up of souls waiting to be born. Let's say that they (the lives) are created as the babies are born. As they are created. Well then... THIS leads to the question. Why are we born in the first place. THIS, if you follow this trail of thought, will then lead you the the question... why do I have a conscience? Isn't it unfair that other inanimate objects don't have this chance to experience life?Why me? Why not someone else? Do other people even exist? Or is it just me, imagining everyone else, even my mum and dad and family members? This question, this very one question that you have asked (to the first poster) have lead us to new possibilities and more questions. And I don't think that we will ever have all this time to work everything out and answer all the questions that are given to us. So I must say... Just enjoy your life and live in the present!!! You will never ever be able to answer all the universal questions in the world, so you should just ignore everything and go with the flow!!!