xisto Community
lawmatchmaker

What To Do If You Computer Is Infected With A Virus

Although we all hate computer viruses, it has now become a fact of life in day to day computing, especially for those of us using the windows operating system.So here is what you have to do if you are unfortunate enough to encounter one.1)If you are connected to any network, make sure you disconnect from that network and pull out the network cable as you don't want the virus to spread throughout the network.2)If you have an anti-virus software installed, run it. If you don't have it installed, borrow a cpoy from friends or family or purchase it.3)Keep running the anti-virus till it clears your computer of all viruses detectable.4)Reconnect your computer to the internet and go to one of the many anti-virus sites that offer free online scanning. Run them till you computer is again clean. This is to ensure that all virus are removed as very often a virus detected on one anti-virus software may excape detection on another.5) Once you are quite sure your computer is clean, update your anti-virus software files and consider adding another layer of protection in the form of a Firewall software. The Firewall makes it more difficult for intruders to get on your computer and also prevents malware from connecting to the internet from your computer.6)Lastly, exercise good common sense, do not download questionable attachments from your email,or visit sites that may harbour unknown malware and viruses. Prevention is always better than cure

Another thing you can do is startup your computer from a boot-cd with a anti-virus prog built in.Most of the virusses get loaded in the start-up of your PC, with the Boot-cd they don't get started.Even if you have a anti-virus program on your PC , try to run a different one.Make sure the antivirus prog has up-to-date virsudefs. since the are new virusses every day.

Viruses are becomming such a pain in the **bottom** these days it just getting easyer to format once a month, thats why I love macs no viruses but of couse nothing else operates on them either :)

Viruses are becomming such a pain in the **bottom** these days it just getting easyer to format once a month, thats why I love macs no viruses but of couse nothing else operates on them either :)

lol I haven't had a virus on this computer yet and I have had it for 4 months. My old one only had one and that is a year and four months. I don't know how you can get a virus that often unless you are going through stuff you shouldn't.

I think people who recieve viruses mostly get it when they are downloading something off of a torrent or a P2P Sharing thing where they are taking files that are supposed to be bought for free. People just slip a virus in them and you are doomed. Sites with cracks and stuff also carry many ways to get you to open up your comptuer to viruses so watch out for that.

I have found that SpySweeper does a good job at cleaning up viruses as well as AdAware SE Personal Those are two good scanners I would suggest using.

i heard from some people that there are some viruse that attack the database of the anti-virus , then the virus can run wethout to be detected by the anti-virus so you have to connect you pc infected with an other anrun the anti-virus from the other , and repere the problem !

lol I haven't had a virus on this computer yet and I have had it for 4 months. My old one only had one and that is a year and four months. I don't know how you can get a virus that often unless you are going through stuff you shouldn't.
I think people who recieve viruses mostly get it when they are downloading something off of a torrent or a P2P Sharing thing where they are taking files that are supposed to be bought for free. People just slip a virus in them and you are doomed. Sites with cracks and stuff also carry many ways to get you to open up your comptuer to viruses so watch out for that.

I have found that SpySweeper does a good job at cleaning up viruses as well as AdAware SE Personal Those are two good scanners I would suggest using.

depends what you use your computer for, back when i used p2p programs like limewire I hade viruses all the time but know i use torrents and only get the ocasional virus.

depends what you use your computer for, back when i used p2p programs like limewire I hade viruses all the time but know i use torrents and only get the ocasional virus.

i'm agree with you Plenoptic it depends of what you use your PC for , i know some people haven't any anti-virus and they avn't any verus and never had problems of this kind , and there are a lot that they have there PCs with a lot of virus , and they use anti-virus like kaspersky but the difference beteween these people is the way how they use there PCs , and the most atain of these viruses is who whant to learn how to creat viruses and learn how to hack and how to use trojans...ect , to just be carefull and you will have a clean PC without viruses !

I agree with Lawmatchmaker. The best way to kill a virus is to not get it. Always update your Anti-virus software. Don't download questionable files, open suspicious emails, or go to known virus sites. One of the current most dangerous viruses, or so i have gathered from the letters people keep sending me, is the "Invitation virus", so if you get an email labeled "Invitation", follow Lawmatchmaker's procedures.;

Whenever my system is infected with virus I take measures according to the nature of the virus infection. When it is severe I had to re-install the operating system itself. This really is irritating one since it takes several hours to update the windows and internet explorer (since I use ocassionally just to check the behaviour of my websites in internet explorer). But most of the times I rely on Norton Anti-virus software which is doing the job pretty well so far.

In windows, if you are connected to the internet, you will almost always get a virus. My winXP computer in my room got infected with a worm and I was forced to reinstall windows. On my laptop I use Ubuntu Linux so I don't have to deal with viruses, ever, and if for any reason, ubuntu would crash, I won't need to reinstall it like I would with windows, but find help on the ubuntu forums. Once your computer is infected you could run programs like, Adaware SE personal, AVG Anti-Virus, Avast! Home Edition, Spybot-SD. Most of these programs have things that will run in the background keeping your computer "safe", which really helps. Ad-Aware, Spybot and AVG, I know have a scanning app, so every week you should run those and scan your computer for any viruses/spyware.

according to member lawmatchmaker said in step 3, running a virus cleaner.After that step, for me, I have to install a firewall software first instead if one was not installed. Altrought the virus might be removed from you computer. But new one may be come in to you computer from outside world when it connected to internet. From my firewall monitor, it has 20-30 port scan per min, range from netbios to smb to ds. As you can see. It's really damageous.

This is not full solution, you will need to see if that hackers Virus or trojan is connected to ur PC or not. check this: steelit.st.funpic.de/viewtopic.php?t=402-steeL

how can we remove trojan viruses manually

What To Do If You Computer Is Infected With A Virus

Hi...Iam hari from GMRIT

My system is infected with some of the trojan viruses like

{

Application.Inconnectionslimit.A

Application.MsnBuzzer.A

Application.Portscan.Superscan.K

Appication.Srvany.A

Application.Tool.Evid4226.H

Generic.Malware.Gym!!.EEEFE3EB

Trojan.Generic.557335

Trojan.Peed.Gen

Trojan.Tool.Wpakill.A

Virtool.Wpakill.G

Application.Tool.Evid4226.H

Trojan.StartPage.ZJY

}

How can we remove all these viruses maually

-reply by harikrishna

Although we all hate computer viruses, it has now become a fact of life in day to day computing, especially for those of us using the windows operating system.
So here is what you have to do if you are unfortunate enough to encounter one.

1)If you are connected to any network, make sure you disconnect from that network and pull out the network cable as you don't want the virus to spread throughout the network.

2)If you have an anti-virus software installed, run it. If you don't have it installed, borrow a cpoy from friends or family or purchase it.

3)Keep running the anti-virus till it clears your computer of all viruses detectable.

4)Reconnect your computer to the internet and go to one of the many anti-virus sites that offer free online scanning. Run them till you computer is again clean. This is to ensure that all virus are removed as very often a virus detected on one anti-virus software may excape detection on another.

5) Once you are quite sure your computer is clean, update your anti-virus software files and consider adding another layer of protection in the form of a Firewall software. The Firewall makes it more difficult for intruders to get on your computer and also prevents malware from connecting to the internet from your computer.

6)Lastly, exercise good common sense, do not download questionable attachments from your email,or visit sites that may harbour unknown malware and viruses. Prevention is always better than cure

I am not having a virus in my computer as I am having an online virus scanner programm installed for. After which its there headache to maintain my pc virus free. You should have a good Virus scanner installed in your pc which should be upgraded regularly. unless it will be of no use as new viruses are out regularly.