xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Google Spreadsheets: A Threat To Excel? Googles latest release: Spreadsheet - A web based Excel

Google' spreadsheet and now Docs are two great and free things given by google. These has given a serious challenge to Microsoft office and as more and more office tools becomes online, it will become easy for us to work fast and from any where.

I do think that google is trying to become a big player in the market. They even got utube. THe spreadsheet thing is amazing. You can modify it online and access it from anywhere. You dont have to go to a computer and use excell to modify it. I do a lot of computer stuff in internet cafes so now i dont have to bring mylaptop when i want to modify a spreadsheet.

I think that there is no such thing that can be threat for Microsoft Excell. Because Excell is a software with tradition, and I think everyone who works with it, likes it... That is my opinion...There is no software or software packages who can be concurrent to Microsoft Office or one of it's parts.... Office is upgraded, and it can be used in almost every home or office or anything. Calculating, base making business, typing texts or whatever, easy making web pages, work electrical or building engeneering, with office you can do almost every office busines. For everything that you can not do with office, there is a fully professional aplication...

Definitely Google Docs and Google Spreadsheets is not a serious competetion to Microsoft Office.No Online Spreadsheet or Document software will never be able to be an alternate for MS Office. Because even if some one manages to create one, it will not be an online tool, definitely you'll have to download some package for it.But Google Docs and Google Spreadsheets is useful for the people on the move, to keep their documents online securely.

If Microsoft wants to worry about it's market share for Office, it doesn't need to look any farther than OpenOffice.

It comes with a word processor, a spreadsheet, presentation software (like MS PowerPoint), a database package, an equation editor and a vector drawing program (like Abobe Illustrator). They don't have ALL the features of their commercial counterparts but close to it.

Since it's open source software, lots of people have been making "add-ons" as well. Oh, did I mention that it's free? ;)

I agree with Rael IAK. Microsoft's real competition isn't Google's Spreadsheets but the OpenOffice suite. Still Microsoft's hold on productivity software is tight. Fortunately, internet shops that can't afford to buy the licensed version of Microsoft Office used OpenOffice as the alternative.