xisto Community
stingray001

Windows Xp Sp3 - High Alert DO NOT DOWNLOAD

Taken from http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

Please do not download Windows SP3, as it is not even confirmed yet and no betas were released yet. If you have downloaded, you can realise that it is full of hotfixes and security updates. Those hotfixes and security updates are not meant for you, BUT FOR THOSE WHO ASK FOR ASSISSTANT IN MICROSOFT WEBSITE TO SOLVE CERTAIN PROBLEM.
In this, i can conclude that the preview is actually destroying your computer instead of upgrading your computer.

There are a lot of questions regarding about the preview :

Q : Why is there so many hotfixes and security updates ?
A : If you have download a software (eg. Microsoft Office) before, you should know it comes in a pack, not PACKS.

Q : How do i know if it has been upgraded to SP3 ?
A : If you right-click your computer, select properties, see the Windows Edition from the General Tab.

Q : There's nothing changed in my computer, WHY ?
A : This is stupid, because it obviously shows that it is not a preview or update or any *BLEEP* ! YOU HAVE BEEN TRICKED.

Q : Why did people encourage while microsoft staffs discourage it ?
A : This is because the packs inside the zip is the files which they have sent to help those with computer problems, NOT FOR UPGRADES etc...

Q : So afterall, no releases or leaks or betas were officially released ?
A : YES. THIS MEANS IT HASN'T EVEN BEEN OUT YET. YOU WERE TOO DESPERATE TO DOWNLOAD THE PACKS WHICH COULD IN TURN HARM YOUR COMPUTER.

Q : Does anyone encounter problems after installing it?
A : YES. Some of my friends actually have problems regarding to IE, Control Panel etc... Only 1 of my friend gets affected so badly that he needs to re-install Windows Xp.

SO, IF YOU WANT TO CONTINUE TO BE STUPID, THEN DOWNLOAD ALL YOU WANT.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT YOU CAN'T BLAME ANYTHING WHICH GOES WRONG IN YOUR COMPUTER TO ANYONE, BECAUSE THEY DON'T CARE A *BLEEP* ABOUT YOU.

Think twice before you download anything.

I never knew, they were releasing Service Pack 3, i always thought they were just going to send updates for SP2, and focus more on Windows Vista.Thanks for the information, i'll keep my eye out.

Thanks for the heads up, but seriously do you need to be warned not to download any SP's or hotfixes and the like for windows from any wahere but Microsoft, I mean the MS versions are buggy at best the last thing you want is to be adding the potential for external malware to be added to this.However, I'm sure some will be in need of your warning, just wait till automatic updates tells you there is an officail 'tested' version available directly from MS. Its always nce though to see people looking after the less techniacl users who go around blindly downloading .exe's from all over the place and then wondering why their computer is acting up.P.S. I also thought theye would be going directly to Vista, but I saw something about this the other day (from an unofficial source, so naturally I was dubious). Any way when it does roll out it is supposed to be simply a collection of hotfixes and will not be including any new features (I expect it to ship with IE7 inluded though, but MS's insitance that IE is a vital OS function is a rant for another time). Anyway thanks again for the warning should save a few people anyway.

Yeah I didnt even know they have already released a SP3 for Windows XP. I thought it was going to come out in late fall around November right before Windows Vista comes out.Thanks for the information, I will make sure I don't download it now because if there were no beta tests done, it can be full of bugs like the beta SP2 for XP was. I remember that, I was like this is great a service pack, and then I was like shi*, I can't even start up my computer normally.Thanks for the info again man....

I have Windows XP Professional, with Service Pack 1, and it works perfectly... I don't know why people run to downloading new stuff, even before it is tested, and they don't need it...I have a coleague here at work, that is one of those persons... As soon as he sees a new version of something, he downloads it, and stacks it on his hard disk, like a hampster... And of course, he installed SP3, and guess what? He has been having problems with his computer, ever since... And yet, he still blames it on the hardware or other stuff, not the SP3, which in fact, is not SP3... Can you believe some people...So, I suggest to all people to follow my motto: "If it's working, don't mess with it" (Or better yet "If it's working, don't fix it")...

I can't believe that there is such a thing as a service pack 3. Perhaps that's a trick? I can't imagine microsoft asking people not to install such a pack as they have been over zealous to install some sort of anti-piracy spyware in our computers. Microsoft would have made the service pack a must-install if it is a authentic one.

lol screw the updates... i went to sp2 for some of my gizmos for my computer require it... its lame but w/e eitherway i dled that stupid validation tool... (my copie i guess isnt legal...) but w/e i found a thing to get rid of it...!!!! lol if anyone needs to get rid of this (it is considered spyware so its not illegal to remove it... they say its a critical update but its not... and it installs itself and just send microsoft messages evey so often saying your computers not legit...so if you want the remover tool just pm me cause i dont think i can post the link hear cause of the lame rules...

Unless Microsoft or Fileforum says there is an update, I don't download crap for XP. Why would anyone download a Service Pack that wasn't mentioned on Microsoft's site?People like that need to give their computers back.

hi dear friends am gaggu from india punjab.i was downloded windows xp sp3 from a site.it looks beautiful.but i check from microsoft bt there is nt any windows xp sp3 from microsoft...i think it is nt microsoft window.i think it is made my any other hacker in this window i think it is risk for us.it very easyy to hack your system.i advise to u for nt use this windows xp sp3 again......hope all ll undersatnd my this advice now....for info and other please pm me replay here or email me at gaggu121@yahoo.comThank You !Have a nice day to all my new friends.......

I used to use SP3 updated from SP2. There's so many bug. and there were program that did't work with SP3 though it used to e work with SP2.When i see windows secret about SP3 have many bug i downgrade my PC to SP2 again.

How do people get ahold of SP3 anyways? I get my stuff directly from Microsoft, but of course I don't download them right after they're available either. I wait for "the herd" to screw up their PC's(or not screw up) before I take the plunge.Too many times I see that SP's and/or patches are screwing up programs that worked fine before.