xisto Community
scab_dog

Windows Vista Tranformation Pack Make you computer look like Vista

Why don't you guys try astonshell? It's an amazing software with lots of themes (including a great vista theme) and it actually takes LESS RAM than explorer and because the explorer process is shut down while you are using aston you actually save ram using this software. It's not free but you can get a registration number by making an original theme for it.Check it out : http://www.astonshell.com/

YES... you can transform your Window XP to Vista with the final version of 'Vista Transformation Pack' .. your XP will looks like this screenshots:

Boot Screen:

Posted Image

Logon Screen:

Posted Image

Desktop:

Posted Image

The Download link :unsure:

Do you know how long I was searching for this?!Thanks mate! Nuw finally, a clean look in windows :unsure:question: Does it also contain the icons?

Yes it contains the icons. I really liked this when I downloaded it except for when I wanted to uninstall it. On the version that I used the uninstaller was crap and left the icons on there and other stuff that I really didn't want on there. I ended up formatting my hard drive and starting all over again. I believe all this has been removed now though and it's all pretty good. May tempt me into downloading it again.One thing though. Anyone know if it uses up much system resources?ThanksRob

I am very interested in this skin as i feel the Windows XP theme is a bit dated and in need of a radical change on my computer although i have been hearing from friends and relatives who have been using Windows Vista that the software is full of bugs and that it is not worth purchasing until the Service Pack 2 comes out for release where hopefully the majority of the bugs will have been fixed. I am wondering whether this skin will have the bugs incorporated into the software to the extent of the real Windows Vista has?I was also wondering is it a complete Windows Vista look and design across all aspects of the start menu, desktop, programmes etc or is it just a desktop skin?Thanks,Patrick

erm, I think for theme packs it doesnt make your computer crash... Only when you install the real Vista software then it'll happen... And I believe that only happen when your computer is not Vista Compatible... Make sure that you have enough RAM and your hardware are the minimum requirement of Vista... You can grab the Vista Upgrade Advisor from the Microsoft website where they'll tell you which hardware/software you're lack of...

I am very interested in this skin as i feel the Windows XP theme is a bit dated and in need of a radical change on my computer although i have been hearing from friends and relatives who have been using Windows Vista that the software is full of bugs and that it is not worth purchasing until the Service Pack 2 comes out for release where hopefully the majority of the bugs will have been fixed.
I am wondering whether this skin will have the bugs incorporated into the software to the extent of the real Windows Vista has?

I was also wondering is it a complete Windows Vista look and design across all aspects of the start menu, desktop, programmes etc or is it just a desktop skin?

Thanks,

Patrick

Well I've heard that although there are bugs in Vista, it shouldn't really affect the way you use the computer, as any bugs will be ironed out immediately by Microsoft. I mean, they're hardly a small company. They should be able to deal with things like this extremely quickly.

And also, you would not have any of the bugs that Vista has, simply because it is nothing to do with Vista. It's just a program which makes your XP look like Vista. Any bugs that you may come across would be because of the pack, and nothing related to Microsoft.

I've just reinstalled and I really like it. Improves the look of your desktop a whole lot, and it changes other things such as Task Manager and the explorer window you see when you are for example, browsing your C Drive. Only problem I came across was the sidebar, which I found used a lot of system resources, so I disabled it.

Rob

Hello, yes i have tried them all in the past. the only one i actully kept was vista inspirat. friend tried the transformation pack but it just screwed over his computer wen he tried to unnstall. my fav look is also the vista inspirat very nice start menu. nice clock. also it comes with y's shadow which is kewl and very useful. and my favorite part about it is the object dock it is very easy to use and now i rarely clic on any of my desktop icons. it adds nice real looking minimise resore and close buttons and a very nice look. transformation pack was ok since it had the real vista start button which wasnt as nice as the inspirat button anyway but just really messed up your computer. i got tired of it eventually and now im bac to classic but it was nice and really impressed some people. i wouldent get the transformation pack though. just the inspirat bickopack it was way bettern and better designs.Good luck.......I see noreson to buy the real vista though bec my dad justbought a new comp with it and its not really any better decides some more eye candy.i'd never upgrade anyway i'd just buy a new computer.

been using the trnasformation pack on laptop and the thing's been slow. didn't make the connection no until reading some posts here. i guess i will have to remove it as i am doing practice in oracle on the same system. There is actually nothing like the real thing. I've seen vista and i think the graphics are out of this world. it appears to have more security checks than windows xp. But one cant say too much as I only used for a while on a friend's laptop. the word around though is that it is memory guzzling, so take heed.

Atually I got a new version of this transformation pack (V6.0) and it look as you are using the windows vista.... :P And I sometimes I use it with my computer...(as my computer is very slow and is not compatible with windows vista)soo tell me how to upload it!shall i upload on an uploading site or here is the site???answer me and i will upload it :P:P

Edited by OmArEmAd (see edit history)