xisto Community
scab_dog

Windows Vista Tranformation Pack Make you computer look like Vista

I have tried this transformation pack on my 512mb of ram crappy compaq desktop computer. It makes it look like vista very well. It did slow down my computer quite a bit, but did not make the speeds unbearable. I kept the transformation pack on my computer for about a month before i removed it. I only removed it because i wanted to speed up my comuter. If you have a computer powerful enough to have one of these transformation packs but do not want to buy windows Vista i would definately recommend it. When I uninstalled the transformation it went pretty smoothly. Everything went back to normal just the way it was before.

transformation pack 2.6

Windows Vista Tranformation Pack

I was installing windows vista transformtion pack 2.6, while it was being installed, windows shut down and the display went blank. I restarted the computer but it no more boots. The power is on, fans on, cd rom off, key board off. Please help.

-question by ntja bohola

I wouldn't install the Vista Transformation pack. I looked it up on google and it had lots of negative comments such as it changing registry files and screwing up your computer. I would just install visual themes and not go too big into the transformation. Maybe I will consider it if everyone seems to not have problems. =)

I, myself, don't use the Pack, but my friend from school does and I must say that the VTP (Vista Transformation Pack) looked cool/genuine enough to fool the majority of my class into believing that the OS my friend was using was actually Vista (when in fact, it is actually XP =]]. Personally I think it's pretty cool, although I don't really find it necessary... and it costs money apparently.Oh and I've seen some themes actually SPEED the computer and improve it's performance, although not by alot.

I had installed Vista transformation pack last year...I don't remember what it's version was, but the results were just not good...I didn't like it...For me, the looks weren't worth the troubles it gave me....It was very slow and there were problems of corrupted files...there was trouble uninstalling it too...like even if i uninstalled it, some things still remained....ultimately i had to reinstall XP....but I think it must have improved by now and you should try the latest ones...

Edited by klusk (see edit history)

I don't like this Vista Transformation Pack. It doesn't look much like Vista. There are some visual styles to download, a program called "TransBar" and a flip-3d like program called "WinFlip". All of that = most Vista features.

yeah i used it. its really cool. the good thing is that unlike other vista themes it makes your computer look totally like vista. i've been using it for a little while. but now i use crystal clear which is even better.