xisto Community
electriic ink

Wmp (windows Media Photo) - The New Image File Format From Microsoft windows media photo WMP - could replace JPGs and GIFs?

Download Back to Bedlam mp3 Download James Blunt mp3 <a href=http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ to Bedlam </a><a href=download-mp3-tops.com; James Blunt </a>

Off topic spam again...
Can we please keep on topic please? And not keep posting spam stuff? I mean, what does a few links to random mp3s have anything to do with a discussion about Windows making a new image format???
Edited by NDPA (see edit history)

You know you could just report that post <_<Anyways, I don't see much point in making this new Image File Format. I like the JPG format as it is. Also, the fact that Image Files are small as they are already, there's not much point in compressing it even further. If anything, I'd say finding a way to compress larger files such as GIF or Video files while maintaining the same quality would be much better.I think that WMP is just going to become another one of the many unused image formats out there.

I don't see myself using that format anytime soon coz everyone out there is using gif, jpeg, png,etc. I don't think everything will be fully compatible soon. We can have issues like we had with transparent png's on IE6. One more thing this may mean people using other OSes will not be able to view the pictures. That will be bad. And for what? Those benefits they are mentioning are not that attractive after all.

If this format is pushed to become standard I believe that it must have some kind of license. Then when times come, you browse a site shown with WMP format, you right click the image you like, hopes to own it because of hobby, then when saving is done, you open this WMP format image file, then jreng "You are not licensed to view this image, please contact the owner of this image!"And I am strongly think that Microsoft will gather power to support this format, for the reason of security, piracy, and so on. Then many companies will agree and support this format, and the glory of JPG today which can be saved for collection of such will become a history. Just like WMV video format, which is strongly license, the WMP photo format might also say you need to pay for x dollars to view it for x days, to own it, you need to pay for larger amount.Then one day after microsoft becomes the world ruler (I am just speculating a tale okay), we will live like in jail, when you open computer, then a popup show up "You have not paid for today using OS fee, please enter your payment code below....") and when you browse any site, it just like a military site, if you caught downloading a picture from a site which is STRONGLY license, an alarm is sent to microsoft center which they cooperate with military, then a group of armies will come to your house with no more than 5 minutes.