xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaineFishing45

Trap17 Template www.trap17.com/

Xisto Home

I think that the main template for Xisto hosting it too clutterd and could be better to reflect the hosting that we have to offer. When I first came here this is what I was looking for:

FREE WEBHOSTING!

Forums or a community chat

the plans and free packages

no advertisments

Basic stuff that everybody wants here, when I look at the main page now it seems that you guys are promoting Xisto - Web Hosting in advertisments, more then the service that we offer here, and your giving more links to CH and Xisto then to your own site. Now that not a bad thing, but beginners way back when, like me. It was kinda hard to find where you get the hosting and stuff. Because the page was:

-cluttered

-messy

-the buttons and formatting does not match up

And I was chatting with some friends and I reffered them here and there expressions were:

wtf...

Messy template

Where is the hosting?

Where do I register?

And stupid stuff like that. Now I don't mean to insult us, but unless you plan so SEO the forums so people go here rather than the main page, we need some work done on it. Because its the first thing that someone looks and, and its like a house that needs to be painted. If you don't like it, people will leave, and not come back.

Now its not that bad, but I was wondering if I could make around 3 templates and I will post some links here, to see what you think and stuff. Or even better:

We could have a contest for- members/everyone can create a template of there own or us a OSWD template and customize it for Xisto, basic stuff on it, and we can vote and if someone wins we can use that template, and they get like extra BW or Space or something like that. Maybe 15 hosting credits....

Yes, I agree with you! The template/site design seems cluttered. Although, the site's main objective is for SEO, I think a new design and template would make it more appealing to the users!

Is it time for a Xisto template design contest??

Basic stuff that everybody wants here, when I look at the main page now it seems that you guys are promoting Xisto - Web Hosting in advertisments, more then the service that we offer here, and your giving more links to CH and Xisto then to your own site.

Considering Xisto - Web Hosting is one of the reasons we are able to have free hosting, it's a good thing it is promoted the way it is. If you owned this business, where would you prefer to direct people? To your free hosting service or your paid hosting service that will provide an income?

While agree the template does look cluttered, the Xisto - Web Hosting advertising must still have significant focus on the site, without it there will be no free hosting. Yes, I'm sure there is income made from the advertising on the forum, but I don't know that the advertising alone is enough to support the free hosting.

I'm no good at making templates, but I have looked at Paul's site and he does a nice job, (you sure you're only 15?) and I'm sure there are many others that can make a good template. Perhaps a contest would be a good idea, it couldn't hurt.

I agree and stuff. Paul has some sweet templates. I would think I could create some stuff in Joomla and see how that looked. But Paul or Saint Michael would maybe be the best template guys. We do need a new template and stuff.

As for the Xisto - Web Hosting, I understand that, but where the ads are placed needs to be thought out more and stuff. Because if you have ads all over the place, the user it like "OK I HAVE SEEN THIS STUPID THING EVERYWHERe...." so maybe in a bottom footer on all pages and 1 once on top at the main page?

We should get a committe together, hold a conference and draft some ideas. Figure out what the Xisto ppl want, figure out where to put stuff. Then we need to hold a contest, set the guidlines and see what pours in. Maybe we could get the Top5 forum voted. Then hold a final voting and the winner gets xyz, and we use there template. :rolleyes:

But since I'm not a mod/admin they I guess decide whats what and stuff. Anyways... :lol:

[uPDATE]

Sorry guys...Buffalo told me its staying as is for now. Since its SEO rigged, by OpaQue. Anyways...maybe some other time we will hold a template contest.

Edited by MaineFishing45 (see edit history)

The ads for Xisto - Web Hosting really isn't that big of a deal. They are on the right side once on the first page where it clearly says above "Advertisement" and then on the navigation on the left of every other page. It does take up a bit of room on the first page but if people want more then why not pay for it with the same great services which also helps Xisto stay alive. Yes although everything may be cluttered at least things are clearly stated. I really don't think people will mind much of seeing the ads or anything. I think the only confusing part is having to choose between Tra17.com and Xisto.net that some people may be confused about it. I believe I was but it really wasn't that big of a deal.

you sure you're only 15

Yes I am pretty sure I am 15... (until this November 4th atleast :lol:) :rolleyes:
The ONLY thing I can do is create websites/templates... I cant create sigs, its just not my thing ;)
Edited by Paul (see edit history)

i think its a great idea, if i wasnt so hard pressed for a mysql host, i dont think i would have looked around for some of the stuff here... although i dont think i should be the one to design it, ive seen some amazing templates on the web and im sure at least a few ppl here could make something like that :rolleyes:

It looks fine to me, proffessional. They couldnt see where the free hosting was? did they not think to click on services and the FREE HOSTING link on the left the one under the REGISTER link. To be fair i dont think its Xisto that need the help its ur friends. :rolleyes:

I think it would be a great idea to get a more professional-looking template. This is the default IPB template and many people use it. Maybe try going with something unique, ot give members a chance to pick fom a few templates.