xisto Community
Kubi

The So Called "bestwebhost.com" A hoax?

I would say for sure that their website was generated by MS Frontpage. You cannot get a good web admin to design your website and you wanna offer webhosting to some other people.
I would rather get my hosting with all them updated packages here in Xisto than go there and pay $10

Well true this might be FrontPage generated, but there ARE things such as FREE WEBTEMPLATES all around the web.
You could easily make simple pages through Dreamweaver without ANY HTML knowledge, so I simply don't get the point of such an ugly and hard to navigate website.

^ As post above - I wouldn't DARE to use their services, the design and "kiddynesshost" says it all. ^

I actually laughed when I saw it. I thought it was a joke set up by some student to make all of us on forums laugh.And the e-mail! "bestwebhost@bestwebhost.com" What an unprofessional and long winded name!!This page really made me laugh: bestwebhost.com/cpanelTheir method of showing their crappy cPanel is childish, and the cPanel itself if just... terrible.

Edited by teknoTom (see edit history)

Now this would be a good example of what not to do for any website, but what is really scary back in the early days this was acceptable :P. I ran it through dreamweaver and lets just say it actually froze dreamweaver for like 10 seconds because of how bad it was. Of course it begs the question is someone really still running this site and believe that there plans are acceptable in today's world? Either way no dumb person now would pay $10 for 12MB of space because that would be like what 5-10 pages at most with a lot of stuff on it.

their site is disgusting. everything is just there, nothing flows. it looks as if the person who made is just did it in like 10 mins, then hosted it. i think anyone here with knowledge of html could make a better site than that. and 12 mb of diskspace for 9.99 a month, i could get a domain and bettter hosting for cheaper than that. that is possibly the most misleading url in the world.

I was actually dumb enough to use bestwebhost.com because they were recommended to me by my sister. (Thanks, sis!) In a nut shell, here is a series of emails that resulted in my discontinued service...

Hey Lauren,
As it turns out, I haven't used the hosting for xxxxxxxx.com as of yet. Would you mind discontinuing the service for it until a later date. I've got caught up in other things right now and I'm not sure when I'm going to get back around to it... maybe in a month or so. Thanks a bunch! =)

Hope you had a wonderful holiday! Happy New Year, too!

Hi XXXXXHappy New YearWe hope that you are doing wellYour web site is paid until February 5, 2007so I will delete your web site February 6, 2007you will not be billed again as of todayHave a great nightThanks for your business.Take care,Lauren

Lauren,
When I started hosting, we spoke extensively on the phone about it and you said if I didn't end up needing it, I could get a refund for the month. Let me know what we can do about that.

Thanks,
XXXXX

Hi XXXXXI did not say thatand I don't appreciate you canceling this a week after after this billed forthe second monthand expecting to get a refundI have refunded your $9.99 payment for January and deleted your siteif you need any more free advice or free hosting please ask someone elseTake careLauren

Lauren,
Perhaps I misunderstood... my apologies. I forgot about the hosting for the site and would have cancelled the service earlier had I remembered, but with the holidays and all, I just forgot. I'm sorry. Please feel free to charge me again for the month of January.

Hi XXXXXSounds greatI will bill you $9.99 today and I will not bill you again for this sitehave a great weekendThanks for your business.Take care,Lauren

Lauren,
Thanks for dealing with this situation so graciously. Your level of communication, patience and understanding with your customers is "top notch". For future domain name and hosting services, I will take your advice though and "ask someone else".

Have a great weekend as well,
XXXXX

:) <-[THAT was her response!!!! VERY professional!]

Lauren,
I may not have been "clear" in my last email: I will NOT be using your services in the future. You are in great need of customer service training.

You were condescending and impatient when talking to me about uploading my site a few months back, but I looked past that and gave you a second chance- per the request of my sister.

Now with this situation, you dismissed my business with your company without trying to work something out or explaining your side of the story to me. I was not demanding a refund, by any means. I thought that was the arrangement, but apparently I was mistaken. I want to be fair though, so you may have my $9.99 for the month of January, but that is the extent of the money or business you will be receiving from me.

Thank you for the free hosting a few months back. You didn't have to do that, but it did help you earn my future business. Unfortunately, you negated that action with poor customer service thereafter. I am happy my sister has enjoyed working with you over the years and I hope she continues to do so, but I have not had the same experience.

Sincerely,
XXXXX

Hi JuliI fully understood your last emailand I am happy that you will go elsewhereLauren

Lauren,
Do you treat all your customers with such disregard or is it just me?
XXXXX

END

It doesn't seem like anyone on here needs any convincing to NOT use bestwebhost.com, but just in case you are still in doubt, learn from my experience and take your business elsewhere!!!

-julesbabey

yeah i checked out the site. it looks so unproffesional! and besides you can get hosting for free right here! why would you go to some stupid unprofessional trailer trash site for $10 a month hosting when you can get free hosting at Xisto!

It has been a while since this topic has first been posted but since then there site still looks like crap and they haven't changed a thing from what you guys said when this thread was new. Oh wait no they updated the copywrite so now it lists out every year from 1998 to 2008 instead of just saying 1998-2008. Would anyone really buy hosting from a site that looks that bad? It looks like a three year old coded it. Plus we can get all that stuff but better here for free. I feel sorry for the people still searching for the perfect webhost because they have to look through crappy site after crappy site like bestwebhost.com