xisto Community
kylelnsn

What About Wallpaper Of The Month

this is just a quick idea i had stirring around in my mind so i thought that maybe we could do this aswell for the wallpaper makers? basically it would be the same as sotw but it would be wotm (wallpaper of the month) that woudl rock because it would be another chance for users to show off their work,anyways it was just a quick idea that maybe you can take into account adn maybe use not offended if you dont, and i really hope i posted this in the right place, if not cna a mod move it to the appropriate place please, thanks and good luck woht the wotm and the sotw!

I like this idea. I see a lot of other graphic design websites with a wotm, but not us!I'll PM, SM and see what he thinks.

cool can it be the wotm brought to you by kylelnsn, ha lol that would be real funny, anyways im happy to have given the idea to you because it is another oppertunity for the people into graphics to show off their work and we get to see some wicked work, adn they get somethign from it as well, any one else with ideas can now psot them here i suppose for the graphics region of thinkin, anywayshoep that we cna soon have a wotm competition runnign and that it all goes splendedly, thanks guys and good luck with it!!

lol, sorry kyle, it most likely wouldn't say "brought to you by..."I revived the graphics section and started SOTWs and tournaments and the gfx crew and whatnot, but you don't see any brought to you by Johnny. :rolleyes:

owww shame no worrys though i cna still live in my bubble of brought to you by kyle, but i gotta sya you did a nice job of reviving the gfx section i love it, thanks dude, i hope we cna have a wotm cus that would rock, but anyways see ya later!!!

Posted Image

Hey, great idea kylelnsn. Yes, I am all for this idea. I make desktop/wallpapers for my site and would love to be able to use some of them in a competition; wallpaper of the week or month.

hey sounds good weve all got to rally together for people to pay attention adn get the mods to accept this idea, i think it rocks even if i do say so my self, and im glasd that others do asweelit just gives people another way to showoff, show their creativity and have fun, allowing everyone the oppurtunity to! come come on and start making your wallpaers so we cna have a wotm or wallpaper of the month competition, you gotta jion in and pm the mods and stuff so we can be reconised, come on boys and girls lets do this, todaloo

hey sounds good weve all got to rally together for people to pay attention adn get the mods to accept this idea

This is currently getting pmed around to different staff members. Not sure about the others, but I approved of it.

I'm for this idea. Especially since it's a of-the-month thing. But, i suggest a rule of thumbnail. Contestants would have to make a thumbnail view of their entries as well, for download and layout reasons. This will require more work for the topic starter, but it helps in the long run. The thumbnails would be image links, when clicked on, would direct you to the actual full-sized wallpaper.

Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

But, i suggest a rule of thumbnail. Contestants would have to make a thumbnail view of their entries as well, for download and layout reasons. This will require more work for the topic starter, but it helps in the long run. The thumbnails would be image links, when clicked on, would direct you to the actual full-sized wallpaper.

You mean like this!?

Posted Image

Of course this would solve the space problem easily. However, not everybody uses the storage site I do. Do other graphic/photo storage sites offer the same service?

You mean like this!?

Posted Image

Of course this would solve the space problem easily. However, not everybody uses the storage site I do. Do other graphic/photo storage sites offer the same service?

Yes like that. But, one doesnt need their image-host to do the work for them. Anyone that can make a wallpaper should be capable of resizing their wallpapers to a smaller size using the same program they used to make the wallpaper. I'm not aware of other image-editing programs, but in Photoshop, when exporting (saving for web), you can tell it to resize the exported image. And with Xisto's image gallery, both images (thumbnail and original-sized wallpaper) can be hosted here.

Oh, and when submitting the entry you can provide the bb-coding as well to make it easier for the topic-starter.

Actually, I believe that imageshack is one of the very few (if only) that does that automatically for you. But like TF said, you can do it manually, it just takes anywhere from 2-10 extra minutes to do, depending on what you use to make/host your images.