xisto Community
Johnny

Johnny's Template Poll

Johnny's Template Poll  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Okay guys, I'm trying to decide what template I should start coding to use on my site, I know which one I like best, but I figured it'd be best to see which one other people like. So here you go, vote choices are:

1. -- hell hath no fury 1.0

Posted Image

2. -- initialignition 1.0

Posted Image

3. -- space//time 1.0

Posted Image

4. -- space//time flipped 1.0

Posted Image

For those wondering -- I'm doing a new template for a few reasons, first of all, I've only done or or two in the past, and I need to practice. Second, my site currently has a default-ish template from wordpress that I modified a bit, and I want to replace it with an original custom one that I made from scratch. Also, my site is currently named jargon johnny, but nobody gets that, so I'm thinking of changing it to jet set johnny.

I voted for initialignition 1.0. But, i have a few suggestions:

Remove the drop-shadow from the stuff in the gray spot.

The bottom-right corners, with the white-faded parts. Make it pure white, so it seems like it's missing an edge. Except for the first three (the ones that make up the banner), leave them with all edges.

Center the logo and text vertically and horizontally in the bottom-left box.

I voted for initialignition 1.0. But, i have a few suggestions:

Remove the drop-shadow from the stuff in the gray spot.

The bottom-right corners, with the white-faded parts. Make it pure white, so it seems like it's missing an edge. Except for the first three (the ones that make up the banner), leave them with all edges.

Center the logo and text vertically and horizontally in the bottom-left box.

Thanks for the input. I'll try it without the drop shadows, and I'll make the triangle things full white, but as for the logo thingy, the light orange box is going to be stretched to fit the content anyway, so it still couldn't be vertically centered in relation. And I measured it out (guides and such), to be horizontally centered.

And I measured it out (guides and such), to be horizontally centered.

Heh, there's an easier way to do it. Like, if each box is in its own layer, you could select the box, and the logo with the text, and if you have the move tool selected, you'll get an option to center things horizontally according to a layer.

Heh, there's an easier way to do it. Like, if each box is in its own layer, you could select the box, and the logo with the text, and if you have the move tool selected, you'll get an option to center things horizontally according to a layer.

Actually, I forgot about that. Thanks for reminding me.

Too bad the boxes are all in one layer though. :)

Alright, I did some tinkering, keeping in mind some of your suggestions and came up with:

Posted Image

Which would end up looking like so after content stretches it and whatnot:

Posted Image

Better? Should I keep the text like that in the middle of the circle thing, or on top like before?

Also, my personal choice of the original four would be #3, the left-aligned space/time one. Any suggestions to make that one better? I like it, but it still seems a little plain.

Better? Should I keep the text like that in the middle of the circle thing, or on top like before?

Actually, yea, it is better with the text in the center of the circle thing. Keep it like that. It looks nice like that.
Looking good on the mods as well.

Also, that circle thing with the text could be like a "personal stamp", if you will. Unfortunately for the other templates, they don't really have their own "personal stamp".
Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

Wow, I haven't been here for a while. Anyway, yes, I agree with InitialIgnition. I mean, it has a lot more color and visual impact than the others. And since it's stretchable, it's easy to integrate into anything. There's a lot more vibrance there that you can play with versus any of the other ones. However, the "Menu" text doesn't really fit into the gray background. If you went with something like the title text or perhaps a light blue color as used in your logo, it might end up looking a bit more like it fits. Otherwise, the gradiant makes it look too metallic and there are no other metallic elements appearing in the template.Awesome job, Johnny. Stay spiffy :rolleyes: <3

W00t, thanks all. I guess I'm probably going to use initialignition then. Maybe I can sell the other ones. :lol:So hopefully sometime this weekend I can get around to starting to code that bad boy (I plan to use a bunch of css, which will be my first CSS template, and maybe some overlay dealies for the menus) and then eventually I'll pop it into my wordpress site.Anyway, thanks for the suggestions, I appreciate them all, and feel free to add more. :rolleyes:Btw biskie -- All of them are stretchable, I was just using that one as an example of how the flower thing would move. Well, it'd be tough to stretch the first one, but whatever. I never liked that one anyway. ;)

(I plan to use a bunch of css, which will be my first CSS template, and maybe some overlay dealies for the menus)

I'm guessing the CSS for the "flower" box would be similar to:
background: #EEEFF1 url('flower.jpg') no-repeat bottom center;
:rolleyes:

I'm guessing the CSS for the "flower" box would be similar to:

background: #EEEFF1 url('flower.jpg') no-repeat bottom center;
:rolleyes:
Lol, I was planning on just leaving that whole section as a slice. :lol: