xisto Community
zach101

Best Way To Improve The Overall Look Of My Webpages.

Hey guys im starting to learn more and more HTML and CSS all the time but what im realzing as i visit sites is that the thing that gives it the finishing touches, and really makes it look good are good photoshop skills and Flash. Ive been reading about how flash works and stuff and I have it on my computer I have just never used it but want to start are there any good sites besides w3schools and learnflash.com that you guys know of? w3schools actually dosnt have much on flash and so I was wondering if you guys knew of any good sites that have good tutorials. I was also wondering if you guys could give me some links to some good siites designed in flash. Lastly I know flash has a very steep learning curve and is very hard to learn. I dont care I plan to learn it one way or the other so any help would be awesome

Well I would suggest googling Flash Tutorials that will help out a little bit. Also check out pixel2life.com they have a extension db of tuts for anything needed to design in flash.Also its not true that flash and photoshop make a website popolur it helps out a little bit, But it all has to do with how to code it properly and optimize the coding as well.

Try google.Although I don't agree that flash makes a better website - websites are better when they're just text/image as some computers don't show flash etc. Simple=Better, in my book anyway! Think along the lines of valid coding, AAA standards and BOBBY. But maybe that's just me...I prefer knowing that everyone can see my site.

Combining CSS and XHTML (HTML) can produce some VERY professional and neat websites! Just put together an idea on paper, draw it in Photoshop and then, fiddle around with HTML to create your design! Thats how I go about it :)

Personally I dont see that'll flash would make a difference when it comes to a "better" website, as all programs have their own ways of creating/publishing sites.But I think a clean tidy layout would do it for me, just my thoughts.

For tutorials in both Flash and Photoshop, Tutorialized has a very wide range of tutorials on lots of different subjects and techniques. As people have said, the secret to a successful website is not having a Flash based site or necessarily good graphics. People will keep coming back to a site if they have a reason to, not just because it looks good. Navigation and content are both incredibly important, and although the graphics make a site look good and can hold visitors, they should not be a priority for you.