xisto Community
DogEater008

Exiting Fullscreen While Playing Game?

i dont' know why, but whenever i trys to play game, sometimes it keep exiting out the fullscreen and repeatively doing the samething over and over everytime i tried to click back into the game. Do you guys have any idea on how to fix this because it's getting really annoying and i have to exit the game and start it up again. I don't think it has to do with any hardware problem because i have a ATI 128mb AGP grahpic card and a 1.7 ghz Pentium 4 with 900mb of ram. I'm pretty sure that's enough to play most games out there.

Sometimes it due to certain programs that were made to be on top of all other programs, including your full screen game. A very good example is with Symantec product software. Whenever there's a notice or an alert triggered on Norton Anti Virus, Internet Security or any Symantec products, it will bring you out of your game immediately. I know its very annoying as I've experienced before when I had Norton Internet Security installed on my system. I've changed to AVG AntiVirus and had not experienced such problems yet. Probably I will never experience it as AVG antivirus never gives an alert at all.Likewise for other programs other than Symantec products, the always on top feature are the ones that causes you to come back to Windows, leaving your game still running in the background.

i do have norton anti-virus and internet security running.. but i don't think that's the problem . Because whenever my computer exited the fullscreen, there wasn't any popups or noticfication. ... any other idea that might have caused this problem? hmm.. i'm currently runing folding@home .. not sure if that might be the cause. It shouldn't affect anything other than using my excess computer resource to fold proteins. lol

Norton AntiVirus or other Symantec programs are just examples that will bring you out of full screen games, or even in the middle of an exciting movie. There are other software that are able to bring you out of the full screen mode too, as they were programed to be the most top of all other software, grabbing your attention. You must have recently installed a new program that causes this problem. Verify if the program is causing the problem by uninstalling it and play your game. If it doesn't affect, it could be some other programs that is causing the problem.

Me and my bro had a problem like this and it was to do with the always on top thing as above. Thre was a small virus that kept flashing up a command prompt that went very quickly, so what im saying is that you might not see the program. The best way to trouble shoot it in my opinion is to disable thnigs like norton and such that are actively running programs and see what happens. Things like firewalls, anti virus (just do it for a short period if youre a little worried about doing that or simply take the machine offline for the test) the program you mentioned also and if the same thing doesnt happen again then you know which program it is. Disable/exit the mone at a time of course adn once you find the right one you might be able to fix the problem. Also does it happen at regular times or just randomly?