xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
Spyk3z

M2i Heliodisplay The newest free-space projector

I agree Imagine walking inside your creation? That would be the greatest feeling I think but the cost of that. Wow.

See that is really the original point to those kinds of creations. They use those kinds of displays a lot in planetary simulators and research right now. As far as use in other fields go, that's climbing but is not popular as we speak but it will be eventually I believe. I've actually seen a documentray on the Science Channel that used one of these things they did research in astrophysics and astrobiology trying to find other planets the could sustain life.

They used computers and such to build specific planetary conditions to see if those kinds of conditions could hold life as we know it. Overall thios technology has great promise in the scientific world, and I think possibly the gaming industry later in the future as well.

wow, very nice :lol: At the moment though it doesn't have that many practical applications.. . . i mean, a montiro can show all that in much better quality.As the price of such technology comes down and its quality improves it might start becoming a feaseable aternative to displays of now. Just a bit of a novelty and tech demo at the moment it seems :rolleyes:

hmm.. i guess this will have to be refined alot more before we see it being used anywhere comercially. the idea is great and it looks awesome. reminds me of the screen they had in the atrix to operate zion however u spell it. ;o neway, i've always wondered when technology like this would actually become reality as it seems so surreal that such things can actually exist. a 3d touchscreen... pretty dam cool if u ask me, i still love the way this thing projects data. hope to see more of it in the future.

Right thats it you can close the technology section down now, The perfect piece of new technology has been found. Now how long do I have to wait till I can throw away my keyboard, monitor and mouse? This is about as intuitive as it gets computer interface wise, baring mind control natch. Do you recon they have a test scheme I can get on for free, $9000 is a bit out of my students price range ah well at least the future can begin. now to get working on teleporters and I'll be all set.Seriously this coupled with voice control is probably the next step in HCI (Human Computer Interface) as it offers a simple way to navigate (just imagine the Vista flip feature but in actual 3D space, cool huh?) Ok so I won't be investing in this yet but its nice to know that it is there for when I perfect perpetual motion and become mega rich.

Edited by dontmaimyourself (see edit history)