xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
areawe

Website Is Frequently Down

I received an error message that the site could not be found. Not a 404 or server error, so check to make sure that the domain name is registered properly and that the DNS is pointed to the Xisto - Web Hosting Domain Name Server correctly.Sorry, I don't know what the DNS is for the Xisto - Web Hosting Server. (You probably have had the correct DNS information given to you some time in an email.)Check the DNS and post back here if you continue to have difficulties.*edit* also, double check the spelling of the URL: http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/ and confirm it is accurate, please.

Just out of curiosity, you are registered with 1&1 for your domain. Are you planning or made contact with them about automatic renewal or transfer?Xisto - Web Hosting servers are all green and up and running. Other sites hosted with Xisto - Web Hosting are fully operational. And the nameserver IP are correctly working. Your whois information all looks good. At this time, with given so little information of your status, I would have to say check with your domain registrar and see if you can obtain more detail about your domain name status. And we'll go from there.

I just logged into 1and1 and it apears that everything is correct. My payment is up to date. The name servers are set to:ns1.computinghost.comns2.computinghost.comThe site is still down.Thanks for the quick replies!

Are you hated? Someone could be ddosing you? (Distributed Denial of Service)A denial-of-service attack (also, DDoS attack) is an attack on a computer system or network that causes a loss of service to users, typically the loss of network connectivity and services by consuming the bandwidth of the victim network or overloading the computational resources of the victim system.Ehh, thats what happend to my friend, I would check it out with your host, because if that is whats happening, you could get the FBI involved and they can get fined and sent to prison for up to 8 years. Just trace the IP. Or like they said up^ there, you coulda just set your domain stuff wrong. Hey!!! I like Warcraft!

Maybe it is just you. Maybe not. go to siteuptime.com, and get their service, it is free, they will tell you what you want to know. If you had a subdomain, set up a service for that, then do another for your actual domain name. If the domain is down, and the subdomain isn't, then you have a problem with your domain. If not, it is your hosting. Hope that helps.

Maybe it is just you. Maybe not.

Pretty impossible to be his fault because it did worked for a moment without changing any configurations. If it did worked, even for once, it means that your configurations are correct. Hence the factors that made it not to work has to be the servers fault, either your webhost server or your domain provider, which you cannot access from your computer.. If your webhost provider is Xisto, try pinging as well as doing a tracert to your own Xisto domain. Likewise, get a few of your friends to go to your URL to verify if you are not alone having the problem. In this situation, the Administrators of your webhosting provider and domain provider are the right person to serve you. Email them, feedback or request for support directly to them will be a better way to solve your problem. Edited by Inspiron (see edit history)