xisto Community
Sign in to follow this  
MaineFishing45

Invision Blog

Invision Blog  

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Invision Power Blog

I was wonder if we were ever going to install the IPB Blog(s) here? Since we have the gallery it would be a great addition for the members to discuss personal stuff, tell about there experiences and have a area that is there personal space in the forums.

I don't see any harm in installing it, other than you have to buy it and then install it. Was this ever thought of before? I think it would get a lot more hits then the gallery, since people have PhotoBucket and ImageShack to host stuff, but you really don't use Blogger for your forum blogs. Anyways tell me what you think, because I know that we would benifit from the Blogs here. :)

How would the blogs be a negative asset to the forums? Its not like you earn credits by posting in your blogs and stuff. Its where you can talk about what you want to discuss. People will still post in the forums and stuff, since your not earning anything in the blogs. Maybe we could only let Hosted Members use the blogs and stuff? To keep them active? And force them to post as a alternative? But thats not the problem I see.

The blogs are a place where you can discuss stuff, update people on your personal life, career and what you do. Like me, I install forums for people (IPB 2.1x's). And offer some support and modification istallation and my administration or moderation services. And I work for GFX HQ (Moderator) and Deadly Designs (Owner).

But lets see what BuffaloHELP says. :)

I think Xisto already has more than enough things that can be considered a form of "blog". No need for something that's already taken care of. Like, anything under "The Real World".

The blogs are a place where you can discuss stuff, update people on your personal life, career and what you do. Like me, I install forums for people (IPB 2.1x's). And offer some support and modification istallation and my administration or moderation services. And I work for GFX HQ (Moderator) and Deadly Designs (Owner).

That's what a forum is for, but its more interactive and centralized.

Yea but its a blog. Its an addition to the forums. Its like the gallery and stuff. You either use it or you don't use it, and I just added a poll to this topic.(please don't vote, if you don't care. Don't just put a random anwser...)

Why do we need blogs? Even though I voted yes I dont believe we need it. I thought that The Vent was similar to a blogbut more interactive and much better. People can go on and on but there is not a benefit to the forums.

Yea, but whats the benifit with the gallery. I can tell you that only like a handful of people use it... and that half the forum users here, have no clue that they have a gallery! :)

Anyways, have you ever been to a site with the Invision Blogs? Its neat, and a great addition. Why some many negative responses. Can you give me something other than these reasons...

People will spam there blogs

Contributes nothing to the forum

Bad idea

no credits and stuff

waste of time

Those area all just pointless.... I want a real reason that will make me think, no just a post a reason type anwser. Anyways...looks like its not going to happen. Oh well.. :)

I would use it. I don't know why or how, but I would use it. Sounds cool and I really don't think that security would be a problem. Who would spam a blog? No one would read it so no one would mess with it. Catch my drift? Sounds like fun!

I want a real reason that will make me think

How about, it'll take up more storage of the MySQL database? This forum is big enough as it is. There are already sections in the forum that are perfectly good for stuff that you'd see in blogs. Last thing we'd want is people complaining that the forums is acting slow. Edited by truefusion (see edit history)

Adding a blog would take up even more resources than we would want I imagine...Mainefishing you need to learn how to accept both positive and negative feedback...*insert bright flashing light bulb*But maybe since OpaQue likes to coin sections of the forums like http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/, how about suggesting a different website that is the official "Xisto blog site" like trap17blog.com or something like that...*unplug lamp, light bulb fade*

I answered no because :1. I already spend too much time here, less than I used to, but still too much because it is summertime and I enjoy the outdoors during the good weather.2. If i wanted to blog, I would set one up on my Hosting account as a portion of a site.3. Who wants to read the ramblings of a {$_POST['status_id_here']}.

Well, even my answer is NO.The reason for that is....1. People will like to invest their words in their own blog from where they can earn money.2. In the forum most of the people come to earn the credits and nothing else and they'll not post in the blog over here and it will be nothing but a wate of money.3. What I know of Invision Blog is that it doesnt allow too much customization which any blog owner will like to have.

If people want a blog, then they set them up on their hosting space. That way you have far more control over it and much more in the way of resources. As sad as it may be, some of the people who come here only post so that they can keep their hosting, which would leave the blog system being used by only a few people.If people want a free blog, without hosting it themselves then there are plenty of sites that do that, without putting a strain on the forum or costing anyone anything.

Well yea... I was just burned. Anyways I see your point and stuff, maybe its not a great idea. And whats the point of having the gallery here? I don't use it, only to show of the Spam Patrol icon and thats about it. I know that BuffaloHELP has pretty much everything in there, and I think SM uses it.Buts its like the same thing as the blog. Anyways I see your point(s), and thats my last comment for this topic. Oh well... :) @Elevinmil: I accept constructive critism, but no stupid comments. Anways I know that people will disargree with everything in life, so I voice my opinion as is. Anyways good luck... :)