xisto Community
Dagoth Nereviar

I Hate "active Rights" People Well, people who just protest in general.

I don't get why people "praise" people who are for a cause so much! Most of the time they do it to just benefit themselves.My main beefs are with the following:* "Animal rights" people. I don't get these...If we were lower down in the food chain, do you really think something higher up would go "Oh, I can't eat that...it has it's own rights!". Also, if they don't like animals (Most of which are born and raised for just testing) who are tested on, let's test on them! A good point my friend made is "We should give them all cancer and AIDs. If they don't want us to research how to get rid of it, they should live with it."* "Human rights" people. Ok, so we should have some of our own rights, but not with something stupid like when a rapist gets away because of human rights!* "Protect the environment" people. I saw a bunch of these the other day handing out flyers, made from what looked like expensive paper, and in full colour, about how we should recycle. I walked on past them, a few minutes later I saw the streets littered with them! Good going >.>There was more, but i'm too lazy and tired to write anymore...

* "Animal rights" people. I don't get these...If we were lower down in the food chain, do you really think something higher up would go "Oh, I can't eat that...it has it's own rights!". Also, if they don't like animals (Most of which are born and raised for just testing) who are tested on, let's test on them! A good point my friend made is "We should give them all cancer and AIDs. If they don't want us to research how to get rid of it, they should live with it."

I may be an animal lover..well wait, no, I just love cats and dogs, screw the rest. >_>

But as I was saying, I agree with you on the animal rights thing for the most part, I'd much rather have them be tested on than actual humans. Sure, it's cuel, but it's the only way to learn. And also, I am a very proud, very hungry, meat-eater. @_@ Give me more chicken! I want my beef!

* "Human rights" people. Ok, so we should have some of our own rights, but not with something stupid like when a rapist gets away because of human rights!

Human rights? Hmm, not sure how I feel on that. I haven't read much about what people whine about under that catagory. Although there are some laws that I think go against "human rights", but that's a different subject.

* "Protect the environment" people. I saw a bunch of these the other day handing out flyers, made from what looked like expensive paper, and in full colour, about how we should recycle. I walked on past them, a few minutes later I saw the streets littered with them! Good going >.>

The environment? Pfft, we're the dominant species, we can use it how we want. Whether or not we're messing it up. >_>

(I know, that's very simple minded, but I don't feel like getting into this)

And XD @ those hypocrites.

Edited by SarCasM (see edit history)

First Off DO NOT ever wish AIDS/HIV on ANYBODY. Its just cruel, because Honestly you don't understand what it is like to have it, and no one deserves it. Nor should you wish Cancer on anyone. If you don't like somebody's beliefs don't follow them. You are protesting by protesting against them, so really you are the same as them. They are just going to keep doing it, even if you protest against them because they have a right to. They are trying to get as many followers as they can to help with whatever cause they are for, just like you probably would like to get a group of people together, to be against them. For Animal rights, I still think all testing should be done on humans who volenteer their bodies [when they have died]. Human Rights, if you rape or murder someone as far as im concerned you have no soul, and arent a human. You dont deserve rights of other humans. But if you are innocent of everything completly and are treated poorly, you deserve to be treated well, that is ur human right to be respected.Protecting the environment, Im personally pretty into that i HATE litter and i hate walking down the street and seeing litter everywhere, and sometimes especially if i have time i pick it up. Why cant people throw it in a damn trash can? But instead of making flyers, wouldnt having t-shirts be better? people probably arent going to throw a t shirt on the ground, like they would flyers.

* "Protect the environment" people. I saw a bunch of these the other day handing out flyers, made from what looked like expensive paper, and in full colour, about how we should recycle. I walked on past them, a few minutes later I saw the streets littered with them! Good going >.>

The environment? Pfft, we're the dominant species, we can use it how we want. Whether or not we're messing it up. >_>

I'm going to poke at it anyways.

... Why do you say something so arrogant like that? We're dominant species so we may trash the enviroment? It's our earth, we should be taking better care of it. I should never hear you complain about thick smoggy air, cities that smell like sewage and the hole in the sky that's rapidly increasing the temperature at a dangerous rate and bombing you with UV rays.

I'm going to poke at it anyways.
... Why do you say something so arrogant like that? We're dominant species so we may trash the enviroment? It's our earth, we should be taking better care of it. I should never hear you complain about thick smoggy air, cities that smell like sewage and the hole in the sky that's rapidly increasing the temperature at a dangerous rate and bombing you with UV rays.

Lol, thought I was serious?

And what do you mean "hear ME complain"? I don't complain about any of those things. I know "we" should be taking better care of "our earth", but it's so far gone, protesting and crying about it isn't going to do much, at all. Look at cities like NY, what, you think your protesting will fix places like that? HA. Way too deep into it now.

In case you mis-read me I said I wasn't serious, so dont even start with me. I am so not in the mood to take crap right now.

Look, basically, if you want to go try and make a point, go ahead, do whatever you want. But don't ever start blaming people like me for the way things are(I know you haven't, I'm talking about/to the people who go out and protest this junk), I'm not the one screwing the earth up.

with a screen name of sarcasm, i do not think id personally take a lot of what you say seriously, or least not to heart. Especially how dramatized your post was, atleast the last bit. And if you were, oh well...life goes on?

You said..."(I know, that's very simple minded, but I don't feel like getting into this)"That was being real. If not, what the hell was that? You set yourself up for it. And now, you've fully replied to my post so obviously, you were being serious about it. It's not too late to make things a lot better, it won't be the same but it can be better. With your "oh too late who cares now, we're dominant species anyways" attitude, this world is going to be screwed.

Yeah, because of course I'm the one screwing the earth up, you know. I'm the one throwing litter all over the ground, driving cars that fill the air with crap, etc etc.Oh, wait, no I'm not.kk, sleep time, bye.

^ Read what you wrote, and see how well it goes with what you just said now. :)

Take it to your sleep. Good night.

My main beefs are with the following:

* "Animal rights" ...

* "Human rights" ...

* "Protect the environment" ...

I don't think that you allow yourself to see the good side. Vent it out buddy. I think that you feel excluded because nobody from these groups ever tried to reach you and embrace you (figuratively).

Sometimes protests are good, sometimes they are bad. In the news over the past month, you probably remember the massive immigration protests across America. I believe that these protests were counter-productive. Other protests that I believe to be pointless is anything by the KKK; they want to redistrubute the rights according to their standards (ignoring the preamble to our constitution, "...all men (and women - should have been added to the preamble by now) to be created equal..."

The animal rights issue - with your example, I think you are crazy. If we were lower on the food chain, you'd hope for something to be fighting for your rights - especially if those superior creatures were just dumb enough to enslave us all for them (think about a factory farm full of chickens - with each only given less than 2ft sq of space). Does anybody remember the Twilight Zone episode "To Serve Human"?

partial quote...I'd much rather have them be tested on than actual humans. Sure, it's cuel, but it's the only way to learn. And also, I am a very proud, very hungry, meat-eater. @_@ Give me more chicken! I want my beef!

Well, absolutes like "always" and "never" and "only" seldomly occur in factual statements - usually there are exceptions to the rule. Imagining that testing on animals is "...the only way to learn..." is unfair and objectively way off-target. Did you ever consider that another way might be to actually test things on humans (in College, you can usually make some good money if you want to be a test subject).

If you need to know the effects of a new "shampoo X" on your scalp, which of the following should you do?

test the shampoo on a rat

test the separate chemical components on rocks

see what it does to your scalp

make a chicken eat the shampoo

Using the logic of testing products for their effects on animals is like Galileo making his theories about gravity by throwing two objects to the ground at different speeds.

Now, the fact that there were environmental protesters that left a bit of garbage... it is good that they littered. Now, I will explain -- please don't take this the wrong way, but environmentally speaking - nearly all garbage would decompose faster if it wasn't buried in landfills, rather spread out over the surface (littering) of the earth - (this is due largely to the amount of physical disruption at the surface (wind and rain) along with the UV rays from the sun). The fact that we bury all of this garbage only makes it decompose slower not faster; I guess that we'd rather not look at garbage being broken down by nature "out of sight - out of mind."

We don't inherit the earth from our ancestors, rather we borrow it from our children.

Native American saying.

I think that protests and activism is good and beneficial to the development of a good democracy. Thomas Jefferson saw the value of rebellion and activism - it was their passion or their voice - similar to that person's vote.

Remember, without activism we'd have never rebelled against the British (no Boston Tea Party. Without protest, we'd have a $3.50 minimum wage.

Edited by Brian Gillingham (see edit history)

As said murderers and rapists basically ALL criminals except petty ones should be tested on in the place of animals, it serves two puproses, one its a great deterrant against crime and secondly we can still perform tests and theyre much better becuase theyre on humans so apply to humans, its perfect.animals dont desreve the treatment they get they really dont and then rapist and such get TV a nice bed someone to sleep and all for free...WTF?! something is wrong there right?!i really hate animal testing and such like. Also we should take care of the earth as otherwise we are a virus, we can easilly save the earth from further damage we all have to try.

I don't get what anybody's trying to accomplish by acting like a pansy. A couple of cats and dogs die for the purpose of a product? Suck it up. If you're that afraid of death, why were you born? Get over it. Things die.Take care of the earth? Yeah, like we're going to affect it that much. We can filter out what we've done. The Earth is three fourths water and we can purify it.If you can't get over the fact animals die and we can test stuff on them, causing some hippy douche to complain, oh well. If you're all going to whine that much, why don't we just take all of our nuclear weapons and set them off at once just to shut you up?Humans are also animals, so don't feed me that creationist *BLEEP* either. It would be simpler to do it to a lesser life form, rather than some equally drugged up hippy in prison. They reproduce faster and less douche bags complain about "ethics".

Edited by Kioku (see edit history)

Hippys? Unless they're dead then I have no clue what you are talking about. Why would you need them to reproduce anyway? Isn't the purpose of testing to test the effects on the body not on offspring? I agree that some human rights people take it too far but sometimes you have to stand up for stuff. Not everything but people are people. The only animals I defend are pets. No one should experiment on some little boys pet or anything but any other animal is fair game unless you're being cruel to it. i.e. Abusing it for no reason. Some things are right to stand up for, but some should be forgotten. That's when it gets too far.