xisto Community
nickjett

Make Money With Ebay

Hi there,Sorry i have to say it but i really dont believe it. I do not believe anything what is mentioned in ebooks about making money online. The only one who really makes the money is the person that sells these ebooks. And making money on ebay is not so easy at all!!

I have been watching a friend who has his own successful website selling clothing, and who then decided to branch out by selling on ebay as well. After 18 months you could say that his ebay experience has been a big disappointment, the only reason for maintaining his ebay store is to direct people to his own website where he has a far larger range of products. His and my conclusion is that ebay is far too efficient a market to be anything other than a buyer's market.

So like any other business venture, I feel the key to success in selling on ebay will require a lot of hard work and a lot of hard learning along the way. Not, as is so frequently promoted on Making Money websites, a life of watching daytime TV.

My own comment about Mr. Nick Jett's website is that his "Buy now for a short time price at 34.99 (pounds)" for a pdf file(s) sounds a bit steep. Perhaps after the "short time" expires he is contemplating a price reduction rather than a price rise? Just a thought.

I really don't believe in eBay. Anyways, I don't use eBay anyways. It is an auction. There is a risk of no bids.I'd rather sign up for Mail-In money services (which I don't really like) than this eBay thing.

Actually my friends used to sell stuff on ebay. One time a friend sold RPG stuff for 1000? - thats crazy :) well .. there are a lot of dummies out there which we can take advantage of =) - Do you think anyone would buy a 10 year old comp with a pikachu sticker on it? :)

eBay is crazy, IMO unless you have the money to generate the traffic to get hundreds of sales a day its not worth the hassle and cost. eBay recently increased the "Store" fees too so its even harder to make a profit. The only thing (as someone mentioned earlier) I would use eBay for is to start generating some decent traffic to my website.Even then I could probably think of better advertising for the money it takes to post something on eBay. Basically unless your item is rare you probably aren't going to make a lot. At most you'll probably break even.With the all the e-books out there its probably a safer bet to not buy any of them and if your going to sell on eBay take a few months to do some research. See whats selling and whats not. Check the "Pulse" (pulse.ebay.com) to see what you probably shouldn't sell (top searched items, they are always crammed full of auctions, good luck getting even one serious bidder.) You'll notice that most of the "Most Watched" items are either really rare or a mystery item. The mystery items are weird and unless you know (again, by doing some research over a period of time) what your doing I don't recommend trying to create a mystey item.

It is extremely hard to make money on ebay with most products, the only time i have made money on ebay is when psp's came out and memory stick duos were selling for a premium ontop of hong kong rates but now prices have almost halfed for memory stick duos since the psp craze has worn off. The only other thing i sell on ebay is simcards, that is a true product with a guarenteed no loss because yu get them for nothing, eg. Here is some current offers:

http://www.o2.co.uk/index.aspx

http://ee.co.uk/

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

http://www.vodafone.co.uk/shop/index.htm

http://forums.xisto.com/no_longer_exists/

I use E-bay as a means of advertising my website / service.But I have to admit I find it very complicated & confusing to use!(Probably my own fault for not investing enough time reading the instructions! :) )As far as I can tell (which is quite hard) it's been fairly successful.

Then again, this doesn't work.eBay has many risks including:- no bids- lowered feedback rating- buyer not sending the money- seller not sending the item- item gets broken, etc.The list can continue a little more.Even though this deals with eBooks, I doubt you can make a profit from this.BEWARE of given site.

Well for new zealanders we have a company called http://www.trademe.co.nz/ you payb trademe to list ur auction etc.Now, this is an amazing story and it is true!A guy started off with a paper-clip, he sold that paper-clip for a pen roflmao, someone was silly there! Then he sold that pen for 5 pencils. He then sold those 5 pencils for 4 dollars. he then bought a rugged old shirt with those four dollars, it has 18 seconds left in the acuktion and no bids, he sold that shirt for 9 dollars. He then bought a couple of computer speakers and then sold them for 25 dollars! he kept on doing this for a long time, he got his family involved and he did it every night after work. he bought a 3 acre propertie with the money he had made, well his children and parents. Every night they would all sell about 3 things each, and as the years went by they had enough money to retire from their jobs, but keep trading as they were for 1 more year, and then slack off completely.It is amazing what little sacrofices these people do like selling a pen for a paper-clip, and its amazing that people actualy did this. Its quite funny really.