xisto Community
barnes

My First Hand Coded Site. Made in about an hour.

Not bad. I myself use photoshop to create my designs and then code them using HTML. I don't actually make the layout. I always planned on it once but never did. That looks pretty good for your first hand coded site. I just don't like how it is off center you might want to fix that. I am sure with time you will get better and have more quality sites. I don't really care for the banner that much. Of course I really don't know what this site is about either so I can't really make a suggestion for it.

Looks pretty nice for a first-time homemade template. It would be a lot easier for you to manage and edit content after/if you get PHP built in. It won't be that hard, but it looks like it will turn out nice.

Yay CSS! I love the header image, but it would probably look better if you make the background of that top box the same color as the darkest color on the header image, to make it look like it blends in, rather than just being placed there. Work with padding and margins and font-size and it should be pretty good. Nice!